Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Tomi.

I'll give that a try, Demuralist. I've been brushing my teeth and tongue all day, and my whole mouth still feels gross. Unpleasant.

Did as much flooring as I am going to do today(got past the tricky part.). Two more easy days should complete it. I am not pushing myself.

Comment

• I'm a little late to the party, but my guess (somewhat educated) is that the yucky mouth/breath is from ketosis and just part of the package.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Done with my fourth day. I had my moments of hunger yesterday. Mostly generated by outside events: saw a Jack in the Box bumper sticker, wanted a cheeseburger; drove by a donut shop, wanted a kolache; smelled someone's dinner, wanted IT! Strangely, I am NOT tempted to eat any of our leftover pie. (We are down to about 1 1/2 pies worth of slices.)

Looked up my last fast. I broke it at 87 1/2 hours. I am at 105 hours right now, so I guess I made it. Now, please pains, go away. I was disappointed when I was not markedly better yesterday. I am afraid my prayers are getting a bit whiny. Good thing God is patient.

Plans for the day are reassembling the sewing room, working on Christmas presents, laying more floor, the last bit of painting, and a nice, long bath. Also, I need to figure out how to leave a review on etsy. Been meaning to do it for my purchase from Coll, but new technical things intimidate me. Caught up on her journal, and see that Siobhan did it, so now I feel extra guilty.

Littlest's science fair partner texted her last night to say she couldn't do the part of the project that she was supposed to. So, after Littlest finished HER part(which took a couple of hours) she had to do her partner's part! Why does she always end up with partners who don't carry their weight! (Okay, this is the only part the partner has flaked out on. But the night beforehand? Why!) I think parents should get stress recompense for living through science fair.

Comment

• Well, Etsy doesn't make it really obvious like they maybe should! Go to the top right hand corner 'Your Account' and it has a section 'Purchase and Reviews.' I'm used to either getting an email with a reminder to review, or having a big REVIEW button. Guess I am electronically spoiled.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Four days? I am SO impressed. Are you doing 5 days total? Hoping the pains go away!!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• My DS hates group projects for that very reason, he always got the deadbeat partner! When I was in college, in the Architecture school, we did tons of group projects, but at the end of the project we had to anonymously grade each other and give very specific reasons for the grading as part of what we turned in. It helped keep people honest about doing their fair share.

congrats on surviving the 5 days (I have confidence in you, you made it this far right?), it seemed pretty fast and really easy from this end Now to figure out the pains.

OMG, when I read your journal it makes me feel lazy!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                OMG, when I read your journal it makes me feel lazy!
                Me too!!

The thing with group work....it is no different in the working world. I carry a lot of people. Sometimes it is noticed by the powers that be, sometimes it is not. I've worked government, private sector, small firm, huge firm, it happens everywhere. Sigh.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Okay, I THINK I managed the reviews. Thanks for the pointers, Siobhan. Had to change my password to get in, apparently I have forgotten it, although I have it written down. Very strange.

My original plan was to fast for five days. I was really thinking that I would have no pains by the end of it.

But here I am, entering the fifth day, and there are still pains. Grrr.

My second idea, was to fast for five days from the end of the pains. Thinking they would stop at day three or four. So, maybe eight or nine days.

I AM going to eat, no later than Monday. I have some stuff to do on Tuesday that I need to be nourished for. No possible light-headedness or fatigue allowed.

But I feel discouraged.

Oh, well, I guess it is all information for when i get to see the doctor in a couple of weeks. Yay for insurance. I'm excited.

Maybe it is not gut-related at all? I hate to think of it being organ-related, though. Although painful, having an injury to my gut just seems more manageable.

Well, that turned out to be a little bit more than I meant to talk about it. Guess I am a little worked up.

Regarding feeling lazy: I think we all need to be a bit more chuffed with ourselves. We obviously get a lot done, since we are all impressed by each other! When I read about what y'all do, I am astounded.
                  Last edited by Sabine; 12-04-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• I think that the anonymous nature of who does what in a group makes it inevitable. The same type of people who will let others carry their load are probably the same ones who would leave nasty comments in threads because of the anonymity.

In school, because we were dinosaurs, we didn't do computer generated drawings-we did the project drawings by hand. And each hand has a very obvious signature even in the most technical of drawings. So once it came to the drawing phase at least, who drew what was easily figured out.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• we cross posted....I am happy that you are going to get to go to the doctor soon. Going in loaded with information will be very helpful.

My 2 cents regarding eating....add food back in slowly. I may still be intestinal and not necessarily directly related to food you know. Could be bacterial or viral. I am sad that the fast doesn't seem to have made a difference, would have made diagnosis easier I think, though I think it is excellent info.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Yes, I am planning what to have, and when, as I resume eating. I'm going to keep to the four-day rotation thing, as well as JUDDD, and just to make things more fun, figured this would be a good time to avoid the seven things J.J.Virgin says to drop(corn, soy, wheat, sugar and AS, peanuts, dairy, eggs). After all, I'll already have a start on the 21 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          My DS hates group projects for that very reason, he always got the deadbeat partner! When I was in college, in the Architecture school, we did tons of group projects, but at the end of the project we had to anonymously grade each other and give very specific reasons for the grading as part of what we turned in. It helped keep people honest about doing their fair share.
                          We did this too. Each group member was supposed to grade/evaluate/review the work done by everyone else on the group. The feedback was secret, seen only by the instructor and was used in weighing the overall project grade the students received.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• So you're doing the Virgin Diet? I really would like to try that but eggs are such a base of my diet. I hope it works for you. I'm anxious for you see a doctor about these pains - they have been going on for a long time with no apparent relief from food changes, or depravation so I don't really think its diet related. It could be an ulcer. Are you having any dark tarry stools? That's not always connected to the presence of an ulcer, but its a definite sign. Have you made the appointment yet? If you know you will be covered started on a certain day -- I suggest calling and making an appointment for that day or the next.

And yes --- I agree with the others - you seem to get much more done than I do! Or, maybe I just have less to do in general. My house is tidy and for all purposes, clean As is my yard. So I'm not going to compare - but still!
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I think it's easier to keep a clean tidy house when only two people live in it and there's little or no home improvement going on. My house is a mess - but a clean mess, if that makes any sense.

Those of us that work think we don't get anything done in comparison to Sabine b/c she gets a lot of things done at home, whereas we have limited home hours to get things done, and 8 of those are used for sleeping... so naturally, she's going to get more done than us - but if we really wanted to be technical about it, we're comparing apples to oranges b/c while she's working at home, we're working at work... We're completing the same amount of stuff (maybe), but the purpose of the work is different... at work I get a lot done... at home, not so much. Sabine gets a lot done at home, but not so much at work.

So while I'm also impressed by what she can get done at home and I'm envious that she's able to and wish I could knock out home to do lists equally as long, our productivity is probably pretty equivalent, really. That being said, though, I sooooo wish I was a stay at home mom with kids in school. I'd get so much more done AT HOME in relation to what I get done now. And quite honestly, home productivity is more important to me, so it always feels like it's lacking.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• the logic is reasonable, except for me I was a stay at home mom, and I don't remember finishing as many projects (well, maybe), and I only work 25 hours a week, and my kids are gone, I really need to get my bum in gear! I plan to start using my new day off (Thursday) to do all the errands and housework, and use my 3 days in a row for projects, once the new year gets here. Then I can compete with Sabine
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X