No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for health insurance! I don't know that I could do a 5 day fast, unless I was not at home, and not around people eating food. But,t hen again, if I were having your pains, maybe I could! I think after day 2 or so, it would be better?
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Good luck with the fast. It sounds like a really good way to have a reset. Also, do you have a plan for food reintroduction? I'm guessing that will then become the tell-all.

Comment

• I have a list of possible suspects, which I will stay away from. I'm guessing I will start with plain fish, and maybe pears or bananas, and spinach. I think those are all safe. After that, I will be treading lightly. I think it will definitely be a good time to incorporate J.J. Virgin's elimination plan (no wheat, corn, soy, peanut butter, eggs, dairy, or sugar). The sugar will be hard. I'm assuming she means ALL sugars, so no maple, coconut, honey. I don't think I'm a sugar fiend, but I like a little sweetness in my life. Especially if I am limiting other things.

I had a fasting Down Day yesterday --somewhat hard since I was coming off PIE! But I made it.

My options are now to have a regular Up Day, or plunge into a second day of fasting to make this the start of my Five-day fast. Somehow, I don't feel ready to commit (perhaps all the delicious leftovers staring me in the face! ) but the thought that if I DO do it now, Wednesday would be my last day, instead of my third day, is VERY appealing.

One nice thing: after just one Down Day, my weight ROCKETED downward from the post-Thanksgiving spike. Gratifying.

One of the presents I am giving the kids this year, is covered/wrapped earbuds. They usually get a new pair every year, since life is hard on those things, but I saw the neat idea of covering the cords with floss to make them less tangle-prone. I am trying out some different techniques on my earbuds and power cord, to see what looks nicest/is easy enough to do. I did the Chinese staircase knot, and am now giving macrame spiral knot a try.

Middlest is heading back to college today, for her last week and finals. I am going to be sewing up a storm in my sewing room until I have to pack it up again for Christmas break. Oh, and finishing the floor in Littlest's room. Not until Tuesday, though. On Monday I am getting together with a friend, and we are working on Christmas presents together. And just generally enjoying each other's company. Seems funny that after family and friend time over Thanksgiving, I need a transition day of fun, but it is true. Too tough to just jump back into chores.

Comment

• Does Middlest have a ride or are you going to do the trip again? I am taking mine back today, then in 2 week go back to get them.

Congrats on the quick weight recovery, hope the recovery from PIE is as successful.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• She's going back with the friend to whom we gave a ride up. So I get to sit around and watch football instead!

I am going back down next Tuesday, though, to pick her up for Christmas. A quick turn-around.

Comment

• yes, ours have less than 2 weeks back as well.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 6:22pm. I'm not HUNGRY, exactly, but I am having a DECIDED sensation in my stomach. It's confused. Wasn't yesterday the Down Day?

Comment

• Made the Thanksgiving Conserve, (as posted on Honeybuns page) with my friend today, using leftover ingredients. We each got four half-pint jars.

Started the Christmas presents today. I am halfway through the mitts I am making for my sister-in-law. (Those are actually a NOW present, not a Christmas present, but I might make her a headband to match for Christmas.)

Back to the floors tomorrow!

Comment

• Yuck. My mouth tastes nasty. Is this detox? How much brushing is it going to take, I wonder? I don't recall this from my last longer fasts. Maybe I should go back and read my pages from those times.

Comment

• First floorboard of the day laid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        Yuck. My mouth tastes nasty. Is this detox? How much brushing is it going to take, I wonder? I don't recall this from my last longer fasts. Maybe I should go back and read my pages from those times.
                        A lot of times you'll get bad breath from a detox. When your body burns oxidized fat the toxins from that get released into your body. It's a good idea to pack on the anti-oxidant rich foods (dark chocolate, blue berries, etc) during detox time to help clear things out.
                        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Could be you dropped into ketosis quickly and that's the explaination for the yucky breath?

Congrats to hubby for getting hired on permanently. So nice to have that stressor gone for good!

The covered ear buds is a great idea! Love it!

Good luck on your fast. I'm not sure I'd last a day, much less 5 days. You're a trooper!
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                            It's a good idea to pack on the anti-oxidant rich foods (dark chocolate, blue berries, etc) during detox time to help clear things out.
                            I'm never opposed to chocolate, but somehow I don't think it fits into a fast!

Thanks, Jenn. I feel pretty detached from food, overall. I think my ADF has changed my mindset about food a little. (A good thing.)

Got more of the floor done. I am approaching a tricky corner, so I treated myself to an internet break. Back to work!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                              Could be you dropped into ketosis quickly and that's the explaination for the yucky breath?

Congrats to hubby for getting hired on permanently. So nice to have that stressor gone for good!

The covered ear buds is a great idea! Love it!

Good luck on your fast. I'm not sure I'd last a day, much less 5 days. You're a trooper!
                              ^this!
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• hey Sabine, wonder if oil pulling would help with the detox and the breath. I believe that sesame and coconut oils are considered the "best" for this purpose. I have not done it yet, keep forgetting as you are supposed to do it before you eat I think, but since you aren't eating right now that should not be a problem for you. Swish about a tsp of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, SPIT IT OUT, brush your teeth.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X