No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think y'all have an exaggerated idea of what I get done. (Note to self: be more modest in your posts!) I am always behind.

At least we are all fed and clothed, content, and doing okay in our school and work. And the dogs are happy. I guess I can't ask for much more. Oh, world peace!

Back after a long day driving. I was tuckered out at the end of the day. Made a bad food choice as we approached Dallas, which I blame on tiredness.

But I woke up bright and chipper at 5:00, ready to make PIE!

I am assembling everything, and doing some of the prep so that that I can have the first ones in the oven soon. This is the first year I am making my pumpkin pie from a pumpkin, and not a can. Fingers crossed!

Littlest got everything ready for her sister while I was gone. She even cleaned the bathroom! I was so grateful.

Comment

• Um, Sabine, I'm pretty sure I don't accomplish near as much as you post about. And, like I said, even when I'm (finally) a work at home mom, I know I won't get any of that stuff done. So, nope, you are just being too modest....

How's the writing going these days?
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Boysenberry pie and black-and-blue pie done.
        Pumpkin cooking for pulp.
        Apple pie and apple-cranberry pie cooking.
        Cherry pie almost ready to go in(Littlest is making the lattice).
        First cup of eggnog consumed!

Comment

• mmmm... egg nog.

I bought egg nog ice cream from Aldi the other day. It's *ok*... just ok. Very rich for ice cream, which makes total sense b/c egg nog is rich, but it was a bit too rich for me.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• wow, do you have company or are you guys just big pie eaters? YUMMY.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Happy happy thanksgiving!!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I want to eat at Sabine's house.

Happy Thanksgiving!
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ^+1 definitely what she said!!!!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I meant to do little pie updates, and get on here yesterday, to say 'Happy Thanksgiving' to everyone, but I was too crazy busy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful day, and are now getting ready for our pie party. The Thanksgiving dishes are almost done, the rhubarb-custard pie is in the oven, and after it comes out, we have only the apple pie with spicy cheddar crust and the blueberry ricotta pie to make, and we will be all set. Cider in the crockpot, getting warm. Coffee maker retrieved from its exile. Daughters, husband, and dachshunds snoozing. It is a peaceful, pre-party morn. I even have time to come to the forums!

I ate hearty yesterday. Cranberry-peach coffeecake for breakfast(our traditional Thanksgiving breakfast).

Eggnog during bath time.

Two and a half plates of all the Thanksgiving goodness for dinner.

And two pieces of pie and eggnog just before bed.

Today I will enjoy pie and leftovers.

Tomorrow will be a fast day.

I hope everyone had as nice a day as I did. I have so much to be thankful for, and I am! Not least of which, having all of y'all as friends.

Comment

• I am considering doing a five-day fast. (This did not seem right to put into the Thanksgiving post, with all its talk of feasting and PIEness. )

I was listening to the Gluten-Summit talk by J.J.Virgin, and I was struck by two things (in relation to the longer fasting) she said. That the lining of your intestine that interacts with the food/nutrients is only one cell thick, and that the entire tract lining renews itself every 3-5 days.

So, it seems to me, that fasting for five days would be a good 'reset'. Let my entire intestinal interface refresh itself, and then go into my elimination rotation with somewhat of a clean slate.

I'm going to look around tomorrow and see if these 'facts' are so. I have no reason to disbelieve what she said, but a little due diligence seems in order. Primal has made me into more of a skeptic.

I've done a four-day fast before, so I think I could do it. And my motivation is high.

So, thinking about it.

Comment

• Dang, a five day fast? That would be impressive, though you've done four so definitely not out of reach. That said, by day 5 I might start eating my neighbors.

Comment

• I have done a 5 day fast (years and years ago) and it is doable for sure. I would personally be very skeptical of the single cell layer/renew in 5 days. I could go into personal experience with intestinal wall lining renewal, but will spare you. Which is not to say that a 5 day fast wouldn't be beneficial.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Good Luck with the fast. I will be fasting tomorrow from breakfast to breakfast. I'm in awe of your long fasts.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Okay, went to some mainstream sites (gov't, AMA, etc) and they all seem to agree on the one-cell depth, 3-5 days for renewal. Now I have to consider if I think it would help(because of course, maybe even having an all-new, virgin layer of cells on my intestines wouldn't solve the problem) and if I have the cojones to pull it off.

Can't know for sure if it will help until I try it, so I think that question is answered. I want to find what will help, if I can. This is something I can try, without major expenses.

And, do I have the chops for it? Well, I just have to make myself have the chops!

Good news: Honey is being hired permanently! So, sometime next month we will have health insurance, and I can hie myself to the doctor! And not be afraid of them saying, 'let's give you a scan and see what we can see.'

Very pleased and thankful for this.

Stuffed full of pie and hash, and getting ready to sit down and watch a movie, while snuggling with the dachshunds.

Comment

• Congrats.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X