No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I totally agree. I think she looks sickly in the "after" pics. She needs to gain about 10 pounds.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• This is not the first time I read this about the success story, and I just don't get it. She's at the bottom of a healthy weight range or perhaps a little under but is not far off her "normal" weight range. She eats 3 times a day, eats primally, and cut her exercise to a fraction of its previous levels. She is also stabilizing hormones and gaining weight. Sure, she is thin but she is a 5' tall 20 year old.

Comment

• When I look at her present pictures, I don't just see 'thin'. I see scrawny, bony. The title of her post '...to Healthy, Strong, and Fit' is what her 'before' pictures look like to me, NOT her 'after'. I would say now she looks 'fragile' if not frail.

Maybe it is just too soon for an 'after' shot. Some more muscle, and she might look fit and healthy again. Or maybe even JUST in comparison to her mid-way, 'anorexic-looking' shots. But when I look at the 'before', I think that is more of a 'primal ideal'.

Of course, she's happy, and that's the most important for her. But I only hope she really is feeling as good and strong as she says she is, and isn't just deluding herself. We all know how invested we can become in our self-image(myself no exception).

It feels weird to be discussing an individual so specifically. I hope she doesn't ever read my journal! Although, I also hope, that if asked, I would be brave enough to say this to her face. (As tactfully as I can, which isn't very. I am not known for my tact.) That's one of the standards I try to live up to- to say nothing you wouldn't say to a person's face(if asked), even if you might gulp, doing it. However, I can THINK what I like! We think lots of things that never need to be said.

I suppose a journal is a blend of the two, although I still try to tend to the first.

Sometimes, I fall down. Yay for edits!

Comment

• Speaking about too thin, when I lay on my side now, I have to shift my knees around to find a good spot to be comfortable. I never thought of my KNEES as fat, but apparently there was a bit of cushioning there that I am now living without.
          Last edited by Sabine; 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            Although, I also hope, that if asked, I would be brave enough to say this to her face. (As tactfully as I can, which isn't very. I am not known for my tact.) That's one of the standards I try to live up to- to say nothing you wouldn't say to a person's face(if asked), even if you might gulp, doing it. However, I can THINK what I like! We think lots of things that never need to be said.
            This is how I try to live it. emphasis on try.

Hey, that is why they make those body pillows! Congrats.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              Speaking about too thin, hen I lay on my side now, I have to shift my knees around to find a good spot to be comfortable. I never thought of my KNEES as fat, but apparently there was a bit of cushioning there that I am now living without.
              This makes me *smile* !!

I have noticed something out of the ordinary too. When I am walking around the house and my elbow area or arm brushes against my torso, I am like "What?". Feels different - to my arm and to my torso. There is not as much cushioning there anymore.
              Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
              Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
              Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
              Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
              1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
              GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
              CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
              49 - 5'7.5"
              Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Hi Sabine. I'm also envious of the amount of work you get done in a day... b/c I'm stuck at actual work, I don't get jack done at work.

Let me know how the acoustics of the house adjust after ripping up all that carpet and putting in the plank flooring. I'm considering doing the same in our bedrooms/living room. Kitchen, dining, baths and hallway all already have plank flooring. Carpet gets to crap too soon so I was considering replacing with the durability of plank flooring. I'd be interested in seeing if it makes the household noises louder.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I am thinking of ripping ours up and doing cork (for sound issues) since it is the upstairs. Maybe next year!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm exhausted.

Five hours of work on Littlest's floor, and all the Thanksgiving shopping. I also got an extra turkey for Christmas and all the stuff for our pie party. Unpacked it all, and now I am ready to collapse. I think once I get Honey from work I will sink into a warm tub and luxuriate.

Now that our fridge, pantry, and freezer are stuffed with good things I want to start cooking and eating! We'll start with our pies on Wednesday. And getting the veg prep done.

The cooking on Thanksgiving goes pretty easily. Honey does the bird, and I've made the sides so often that it all goes smoothly. Especially now that the kids are old enough to just DO stuff.

Bought some sardines, tuna in olive oil, and kippers for my excursion to get Middlest. Also giving rides to two of her friends, so the ride back will be chatty.

Comment

• Love driving a group of girls home from just about anywhere, oh the things they say when they forget you are there!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Yes, it is great hearing all the little details and chat. That's how you really learn how they are doing.

Fell asleep watching tv last night, and then woke up super early this morning(4:30). Means I got to have my kippers right away, though.

Hope to get a little more of Littlest's floor done this morning, and her shelf and bed into place before I head off on my driving adventure. Looks like it will be cloudy and cold all the way, but not much rain and no ice. Perfect.

Did I mention I have discovered Pinterest? What a dangerous site! It has given me a couple of good ideas for Christmas presents. I'll get cracking on them when Thanksgiving is past. We usually give the kids a fresh set of earbuds every year, and there are some cool cord covering techniques. They'll look good, and not get so tangly. I also found a good tray for leftover pie, made from paper plates, that will be perfect for sending home extra slices from our party.

Jenn, from what we have done so far (family room and hall) it IS louder, and colder. Rugs take care of that in the winter, and it is great in the summer. Since we ordinarily have just three months of the one, and eight of the other, that's perfect. I don't mind the louder, as we are not a herd of ravaging buffalo even at the worst of times.

Comment

• Pinterest is much more dangerous when you first discover it, then once you get used to it then it becomes a fantastic tool. But oh those first few months pinning and pinning terribly addictive!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Oh, man, yeah, Pinterest. However, I have found some awesome things -- things for adoption, parenting traumatized kiddos, great recipes (some not so great!), tips, etc. Of course, sometimes I "forget" the good stuff I find........

I'm so envious of you and Chris. I'm pretty sure that even when I'm a work at home mom, I'm not going to be near as productive as either of you are.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I am also on the envy bus... I so wish I could spend my days at home being productive for the family unit. As it stands, while the work I do is not all that awesome, the fact that I'm not doing work that makes someone else money is gratifying. Helping soldiers all day long is nice when you can't be at home righting things there. But I bet if I didn't have to work, our walls and ceilings would all be painted, rather than still remaining a 'work in progress' after 7 years... I still have ceilings to paint in the kitchen, dining and living rooms, both kids' bedrooms, and hallway. I also have walls and ceilings to paint in the master. The only rooms that are completely 100% painted are the bathrooms - and only b/c they're small... So many little projects I could get done if I was home during the day.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• oh but then, like me, you would just be in the middle of the second round of "work in progress"! I get a lot done, but can't compete with Sabine. Maybe when I am as skinny as she is I will have the energy to do all the projects I have pinned and planned! Or at least half of them.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X