No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth, I will assume that invitation is to do your floors, not break your bed!

No more work for today-- we are off to eat sashimi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      This morning during adult fun time there was an ominous crack. Yes, it is true...we broke the bed! !
      You are my hero! When I grow up I want to be like you!!! lol
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• We just finished fixing it. Three of the nails were wrenched sideways out of the beam. I'm a little impressed myself!

Comment

• Wow... wrenching nails out with adult fun. How Primal.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• You guys might need to just build one of those low platforms and forgo the frame idea, something a little sturdier ya know?diy bed frame with storage | Pin 4 Reno
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We have a mattress with topper on the floor after we broke our last bed ... just sayin'

Comment

• Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Successful test of bed repair. But I like that low frame with storage link.

Working on Littlest's room this weekend. This involves floor AND painting. She is doing most of the painting. Honey has agreed to go through all his closet stuff!

I have a new line-up of food suspects, much to my sorrow. I am hoping it is the preservatives in the turkey bacon and sausage links, and not any of the REAL food. Onward.

One of the annoying things about the pains is that it adds a faint worry to my weight loss: what if I am losing weight because 'cancer is eating me alive!'? I can't just enjoy my triumph, no, I have to worry that it is a bad thing, and not a good thing. Sometimes, we really mess with ourselves.

Meeting with a friend this afternoon to knit and sew. At her house, so away from the construction bustle. It will be nice.

Thinking of Pebbles performing this weekend. I wish I could go see her in action.

Comment

• Thank you for the kind thoughts.

I understand the cancer fears. I believe that by being Primal, we are eating in the best way we can to avoid illnesses of inflammation. What else can we do?
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Having just gone through Pebbles photos from the rehearsals, now I really wish I could go!!!
                      Last edited by demuralist; 11-24-2013, 08:14 AM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• In my reading this morning, I came across this website and thought of you...Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

They a variety of tests, and the price is listed on their website (I was reading Jimmy Moore's blog about his progress and the link was on his page). They do allergy testing for the "biggies" (milk, soy, wheat, etc) for $90. No doc necessary. I didn't go too deeply into it, but worth a look right?

(p.s. for $250 they offer a cancer blood screen if you are really worried)
                        Last edited by demuralist; 11-24-2013, 08:14 AM.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Thanks for the info, Demuralist.

Comment

• I need some fat, and there's not much of it to be had today. Will beg for the trimmings from everyone's pork chops tonight.

Been working up a storm today. There was no leisurely watching of the Panthers-Dolphins game. Instead, while it was on I:
                            Assembled our Thanksgiving wreath
                            Cleaned 6 pairs of shoes and two bags
                            Wrote various cards and letters
                            Sorted the pile of papers on the counter
                            Helped paint during half-time
                            Made a note-card organizer out of a shoe box(decoupage still to be done)
                            Made my grocery shopping list for Thursday and Friday

This evening I will be taking Littlest to a farewell party for a friend, and when we get back, I will collapse on the sofa to watch Amazing Race, and if I can stay up long enough, The Walking Dead.

Littlest is hoping for a snow-day tomorrow. I think it will be just cold and wet enough to be unpleasant, without having to stay home.

I have paint in my hair.

Comment

• Oh my goodness. I just read Friday's 'Success Story'. Why did Mark print that one? Okay, she's gained a little muscle back, and is starting to feel better, but it still sounds and looks like she is not healthy. Just because you are smaller, doesn't make you a success. She looks much better in her before pictures.

I'm disappointed. Sometimes the success stories don't speak to me, but this is the first time I have thought, 'oh,no, that's just wrong'. I scrolled down through the comments, and most of them were positive. Maybe others are like me, and don't want to 'attack' her, but yikes...just, yikes.

Comment

• I thought the same thing...I was confused about the before and after pics as I thought she looked better before. Obviously we come in all sizes and shapes, and many people naturally tiny or lanky or stocky or in-between. But sheesh, I kept scrolling down looking for the after pics! It was kinda painful.
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                                X