No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So achy from working on these floors. I didn't go to the gym last night, but I feel like I did. Working on my closet right now. The room looks like a shambles, because I was unable to get the mattress all the way back on the bed. It is wedged, and I can't shift it. Need to wait for Honey to get home and help me.

Comment

• Sounds like everything is coming along nicely, and you're certainly getting a really good workout out of it. Hope it all comes together perfectly for you

Comment

• last time DH went out of town I decided it was a good time to strip the bed to the mattress and wash the allergy covers and what not, and I thought "oh what the heck I will flip it while I have it stripped". What an idiotic idea! I took me forever, half way through I had to just walk out of the room, frustration and exhaustion setting in. I was not sure I was going to get it back together before he returned and was afraid I was going to have to sleep with the mattress on the floor! I did finally get it, my stubbornness took over, I'll be darned if I am going to admit I am too weak and too old to flip a freakin mattress!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I thought about you and all of the people who post in your journal yesterday. We were grocery shopping and they were out of organic butter....or so I thought. I spotted a package of Kerrygold butter, and I bought it! Using it to make pecan pie next week...
          Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
          Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
          Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
          Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
          1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
          GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
          CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
          49 - 5'7.5"
          Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Lots of little stuff, beginning with BUTTER

Oh! Kerrygold. I bless the day I first tried it. (So does Chloe!) And I love that it really looks like BUTTER. That beautiful golden color.

Very frustrating day yesterday with the floor. I kept making mistakes, and of course, the mattress got stuck. But by the end of the evening the bed was made, and all the debris cleared away, and though I only got one new row placed, it was the trickiest one, and it looks pretty good. (Not great, but that's what wood putty is for.)

However...Littlest went to see 'Catching Fire' last night(she loved it) and the lateness of the show messed with my sleep. I got to bed at 11:30, but still woke up, bright and chipper, at 5:00. So I am expecting a slow-down sometime this early afternoon. I'm going to schedule a warm bath and a nap, and just incorporate it into my day.

That means any woodworking must be done EARLY, while I am still alert! I will reserve the task of pulling up Littlest's carpet for the afternoon. Don't need much brain power for that.

I browsed the Virgin Diet book on her website this morning. It looks interesting, though I am of a different mind about the importance of daily or twice-daily poops than she is. I may spring for a copy. Unfortunately, our library doesn't have it. But I would like to take a look at her re-introduction protocol(in the unbrowsable part of the book, sadly.)

Weight this morning, for those who are interested: 164.5. That's after a Down Day. Yesterday was 166.5, so I am closing in on the lower 160s. Very pleased about it, and looking forward to putting my size 12 jeans back on after this flooring episode is done. I have been wearing my 14s, for the bagginess while I am working, and stooping and crawling and bending and lifting heavy things. Yesterday, I broke into a (mini) sprint while walking the dogs, and had to use one hand to hold them up! Annoying, but also thrilling!

Comment

• Great job on the floor. You are inspiring me to get some projects done this winter.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• OMG, I wanna be Sabine when I grow up! I cannot get over what you get accomplished in a day/week! And top that off with a nice steady weight loss and you have who I wanna be! Congrats.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement. It's what I need in the middle, when I am wondering what I've gotten myself into.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Oh! Kerrygold. I bless the day I first tried it. (So does Chloe!) And I love that it really looks like BUTTER. That beautiful golden color.

Weight this morning, for those who are interested: 164.5. That's after a Down Day. Yesterday was 166.5, so I am closing in on the lower 160s. Very pleased about it, and looking forward to putting my size 12 jeans back on after this flooring episode is done. I have been wearing my 14s, for the bagginess while I am working, and stooping and crawling and bending and lifting heavy things. Yesterday, I broke into a (mini) sprint while walking the dogs, and had to use one hand to hold them up! Annoying, but also thrilling!
                    Congrats on the weight loss and your new floor!

I am trying very hard to stay away from the Kerrygold so that it will make it into the pie. My grandmother churned her own butter so I have always been one to enjoy a spoonful or two...
                    GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                    49 - 5'7.5"
                    Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• hahahaha, Sabine that is exactly what I say about half way through every single project I talk myself into! I am doing some photoshopping on a photo I took years ago. It is of a lighthouse at a place where we vacation. But that year they were working on the building, so there ends up being scaffolding and construction debris all over. It has taken me more hours than I can count to get rid of all of that. I would have given up and just taken another photo except it is part of a diptych I want to hand in my bedroom and the other half is not replicable. Almost done though, I think

My streak of perfectionism definitely makes home projects difficult to say the least.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• After disassembling the bed, moving the mattress, remaking it, reassembling the bed, moving the mattress AGAIN, remaking it again(this is more of an ordeal than one might think, as there is a topper, mattress pad, sheets, quilts, comforter-what I'm saying is, it takes a while, especially when one is tired), Honey and I will be tearing it apart again this evening, and crawling under it.

Why?

This morning during adult fun time there was an ominous crack. Yes, it is true...we broke the bed!

P.S. My closet is done! Onto Littlest's room!

Comment

• Positively Shocking!
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• *Gasp!*
                            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                            49 - 5'7.5"
                            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• oh my
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• You are a rock star. When are you coming over to my house?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X