No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooh, excellent idea - kippers; I'm sure my colleagues will love that (I eat breakfast at the office) but at least that gives me something to alternate with the sausages, which OH will perceive as unhealthy. Yay! Thanks

Comment

• dinner leftovers for breakfast! If it is good enough for dinner then it is good enough for breakfast (and vice versa).

Sabine, I am very jealous!!!!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• First tricky part of the master bedroom floor done. I'm exhausted, but I still want to work at least two more hours on it today. But first, I'm watching an episode of The Walking Dead! I didn't get it yesterday, but today I deserve it! I'm going to be coloring in out Open House invitations while I watch.

Littlest's lunch today: 6 chicken wings, one carrot, one cup blueberries, two oatmeal raisin cookies, a nut bar for after her work-out. Hmmm, maybe I should have thrown some jerky or cheese in there, too.

Comment

• wow, that is a significant lunch!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• A month ago I hit 165.5 and felt kind of worried, like it might be too low, too quickly. I hit it again today and feel perfectly fine about it. Even wondering, 'hmmm, could it be a little lower, that's only a pound and a half for a Down Day.' How funny our minds are. I need to keep in mind that things CHANGE. My feelings one day are no guarantee of my feelings another. In either direction.

I think my 'goal' of 164 by Thanksgiving is wildly optimistic, but at the same time, I am hoping it happens. And I firmly resolve that nomatter how much weight I 'gain' from Thanksgiving, I won't let it throw me. It is just a blip, and I am not 'having to lose' that weight all over again- I'm just continuing on my journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              And I firmly resolve that nomatter how much weight I 'gain' from Thanksgiving, I won't let it throw me. It is just a blip, and I am not 'having to lose' that weight all over again- I'm just continuing on my journey.
              I like that. My goal as well. Thanks for sharing
              -- Ruth

Comment

• That is a terrific outlook and I am sure are inspiring many with both your success and your attitude, especially as we begin the holiday season, so fraught with both emotional and physical trials as well as joys.
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• love the attitude, life goes on, everything can't be about losing weight right? Every once in a while it has to be about joyous abandon!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    love the attitude, life goes on, everything can't be about losing weight right? Every once in a while it has to be about joyous abandon!
                    ^^^ THIS!!!!

What's the old saying? "Life is what happens when you make other plans?" lol.
                    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• ooo, this forum really needs like buttons!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        ooo, this forum really needs like buttons!
                        Yes it does, +1

I am grateful to be in the beginner's camp where my resolve in unshakeable - well totally with regard to grains anyway. The other things I am still trying to figure out; there appear to be varying degrees to purism and I will never be an absolute purist.

Comment

• I think in the end we all discover our level of comfort with the foods and lifestyle we have chosen. Given that evidence for exactly what the cavemen actually ate can be disputed, to me it is really more about the attitude toward food. I basically choose to eat as close to seasonally as possible, trying to eat as close to local as I can (slowly getting better with both of these), and using foods as close to how they come from the earth as possible. Then, can I sustain it for life.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Taking a break to cook some turkey bacon.

I am lifting more heavy things. Half the furniture is moved back into the bedroom. This does NOT mean the floor its done. I have to get our things out of the sewing room and back into the bedroom so that we'll have a space to put all our things from our closets. (Trying to get Honey to go through his stuff. Fingers crossed.) Then I can floor the closets, and THEN the master bedroom will be done! But the end is in sight.

Middlest called and we chatted for about an hour. It was nice. I'm glad she likes to talk to me about nothing once in a while.

Demuralist--so true!

Comment

• so very nice to get an hour of chatting about nothing. I usually only get that in person, rarely over the phone, except with my mom.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Sabine, I am so impressed with how you are doing!! Well done - enjoy it and enjoy Thanksgiving absolutely guilt free
                                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                                Primal low: 186 lbs
                                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

Working...
                                X