No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures!! We're gonna need to see pictures!!

Must google paper bag floors...sounds intriguing!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
      Never mind!! It's already here! And how kewl is that!!!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Such creativity! What fun - and so totally unique!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Update - how's the project going?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Sewing room floor done. Clearing out the master bedroom and pulling up its carpet today. And bringing in the boxes of planks to come to room temperature.

It is lamb day today. Other groups: coconut, avocado, melon. I made a smoothie with avocado, coconut milk, a date, and grapes. Not very tasty, but it filled me up.

Yesterday I washed my hair for the first time in 7+ weeks, using baking soda and a vinegar rinse. Amazingly, it was only starting to look a little limp, not really greasy or dirty. Smell still neutral(as evidenced by having a friend and Littlest give it the sniff test).

Back to work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
              Awesome! Looks like large stones.
              Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
              Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
              Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
              Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
              1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
              GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
              CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
              49 - 5'7.5"
              Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• RE: the paper bag floor, I have a friend who has done this in her home and I can tell you it looks fantastic. People always think it is some type of really expensive stone but it is very comfortable and soft-feeling to walk on. She loves it because it is so easy to maintain and is easily repaired. If it does get damaged or stained (rare), it is easy to just chip out the damaged part and redo. For instance, her daughter dropped a jar of tomato sauce and in cleaning it up managed to cut both herself and the floor - blood and tomato sauce everywhere. But it was the work of an hour to fix it. (Daughter was fine, BTW.)

I used a vinegar rinse once a week or so, and I have found that even if it smells vinegary when wet, the smell disappears when it is dry. It is great for the hair. Thanks to JudyCr for this tip!
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Now I am wishing I had a spare floor to try it on. Hmm, maybe I can convince Littlest to give it a try.

Had a drink of coconut milk with maple sugar last night before bed. Delicious!

Master bedroom is cleared, and the carpet and pad is ripped up and hauled away. Now for the tedious prep. Who invented firring strips, anyway?

Comment

• So true, the prep is the hardest part! And the most important. I'm sure it will look great when you are finished.
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hate the prep, but if it isn't done then the rest of the work is just a waste of time. Hope it goes easier than you expect.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Very hungry yesterday, so I really enjoyed my kippers this morning. Planning a good chunk of time finishing the floor prep, then a sashimi lunch, then start laying the planks. If I get a good chunk done by 3:00, I will treat myself to another episode of The Walking Dead.

I think I have found a good routine for my food rotations. I have a fish day, a pork day, a turkey day, and an other(rabbit/lamb/goat/venison) day. I stick with one kind of fat and just a couple of vegetables and fruits. I am trying to switch up which fats/veg/fruit I eat with the different proteins so that I can more easily pinpoint any troublemakers.

I have started taking a multi-vitamin and some B vitamins. What with the food rotation/restriction, I feel like I might need a boost. They don't sit well on an empty stomach, though, so I am taking them first thing when I eat on my Up Days, and then again, just before I go to bed. Intermittent Vitamining.

Feeling very slender this morning. I should probably measure my waist...pause to rummage in the pile of stuff from the sewing room....Woohoo! 35 3/4". I was over 38" a couple of months ago!

Honey and I weighed the same this morning (166) so my competitive juices have been stirred. I am not ready for him to weigh less than I do again! Game on!

Although, I am not going to be eating LESS, so I don't really know how I think I can impact my weight loss any more than I am. Maybe it will spur me on to stay away from any iffy foods on my Up Days, to keep bloat/inflammation down. Did I mention I could really tell the difference after my wheat/dairy incident last week? My wedding ring was TIGHT on my finger, not slippy loose, as it has been getting, and it has taken several days for it to approach normal again.

Okay, off to do things!

Comment

• suddenly this morning it occurred to me that I can use that paper bag technique on a project I am doing for our church's Walk Through Bethlehem. I have to make a plastic igloo style dog house look like a stone or brick oven. Voila! I am so excited, I have sat on this project all year trying to think of how I want to do it. Now I just gotta do it.

Hey are the rotations making any difference in the pains, what are you learning? Like anything else it does seem that it is getting easier as you get used to it.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have a list of possible suspects. I do think I have two types of culprits: things that irritate my gut, and things that just aren't good going down an irritated gut. I am trying to get to a relatively pains-free state before I start adding things back in one at a time. My main obstacle to this is that in spite of thinking something might cause me pain in a few hours/days, I am STILL eating some things occasionally! It's just hard.

Sadly, one of my suspects is dairy.

The others (so far) are:
                            Nightshades
                            Lilies
                            Grasses(grains and sugar)
                            Nuts?
                            Mustards?
                            Chocolate?
                            Some spices?

I need to get where I am eating things in isolation, for testing, but unfortunately, when I go for a treat, it usually has more than one of the items, and then I need to start all over. Oh, well, it's a process.

Comment

• Good idea for the igloo -> oven transformation!

Comment

• have you ever had one of those allergy prick tests?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X