Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic fish? No.

Another day of staying the same after an Up Day. Hmm...I wonder...goes to check...nope, last time it was a pork day, this time it was a fish day. I was wondering if the magic of sashimi meant I wouldn't increase in weight. Wouldn't THAT be lovely!

I see I have fallen out of the habit of recording my food here again. Since I am tracking in my regular paper journal, and then on my 4-day list, maybe my mind has had its fill.

Here's what happened:

Up at 6:45

7:30 2 tilapia fillets fried in butter

1:00 sashimi, rice, seaweed salad, soy sauce, wasabi

4:45 2 bananas fried in butter with cinnamon and vanilla

9:00 kippers

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: no
    Planks: rest day!
    Pains: 13

Bed at 10:00

Note the incredibly staying power of that fried fish breakfast. I didn't eat until 1:00, and I wasn't even that hungry, it's just that lunch service stops at 2:00, and I don't like to feel rushed. Not HUNGRY for the bananas, either, but I WANTED something. I blame the rice. Nor was I hungry for my late night kipper snack, but reviewing my food, it just didn't seem like enough, so I ate some more fish. I didn't want to wake up hungry this morning, especially as I am planning another water-only Down Day. I enjoyed the last one, even the hunger pains at the end. I felt like my body was doing good things inside.

The day before was:

Up at 6:15

Water:9 glasses
    Walking: 60"
    Planks: 40
    Pains:16

Bed at 9:45

That should be about what today looks like, too. Except I am hoping the pains will be fewer.

May have to take Salem back to the vet. I think she has tweaked her back, always a concern with a dachshund. Here we have always thought Chloe was the sickly one (mange) and yet in the past two months Salem has had- a tooth to be pulled, a tumor, an allergic reaction, and now her back. Poor girl.

Craft fair tomorrow and Saturday. I'm not feeling it, except for being able to hang out with my friend.

Comment

• Socks seem so hard. I'm only able to manage scarves, hats, and ear warmers Can I order some?
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Dogs... they're so danged expensive to take to the doctor! The American Kennel Club offers insurance on registered animals. We took the 6 month free trial for our second dog and never did need to use the insurance, but wouldn't you know it, as soon as it expired, he needed to be seen for something. Overall, Cooper is our healthier dog. Mox, our yellow lab, the older one by just shy of a year, is the one we have so many problems with. He jumped out of the back of the truck one time and got caught under the rear wheels. Broke hip or pelvis and cracked his hip or pelvis - I can't remember which one but I know he broke one and cracked the other. Anyhow, he's arthritic now... but he's also got IBS, has lumps (benign tumors) growing all over his body, and he's the one who gets sick the most. He's also the dog that was "line bred" (which in human speak is inbred) b/c the breeder was trying to get a white lab, so he mated our dog's mom with her dad and I believe our dog's mom was also line bred... so he's dumb as a post and gets sick all the time. The kids love him though.

All that to say, I hope Salem feels better soon.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Last year I bought a book, needles & sock yarn to try making some socks...they are just so so cute & I would live to be able to have that "skill"...I am a very basic beginner knitter & I just couldn't get the hang of it! I am a very visual learner so guess I need to watch someone do it. Oh hey!!! You tube!!! I keep forgetting about that! Duh! I'll bet I could find a tutorial on there! Will have to go check it out. I am sooooo in the mood to crochet or knit something. Must be the cooler weather. It's in the 50's way down here & I'm loving it!!

Would love to see some pics of your socks Sabine!!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I always do a youtube tutorial when I need to figure something out while knitting. pause and repeat are my friends!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Pity Party

Food yesterday was good, calorie- and nutrition-wise. I resisted some emotional- and boredom-eating. But my pains spiked in the evening, so I am feeling kind of down. Maybe from something I ate (leeks and onions?), maybe stress, maybe just because this food rotation isn't WORKING! Anyhow, feeling a little glum and worried. But I will press on.

These are my suspects so far:

too much sugar all at once
              nightshades
              lily family(onions, leeks, asparagus,garlic) shoot, writing that down made me realize I also had asparagus the day before. Rotation FAIL! Again! I keep making mistakes. Grrr.
              dairy(yikes!)
              eggs

I tested eggs the day before yesterday, and they seemed to be going through okay. But that was before I thought lilies might be a problem, and now I don't know if it is the eggs, or the asparagus/onion/leeks that might have done it.

Man, I am starting to wonder if I should just do a four-day water fast, and see if that gives me any relief. Then only eat one thing per day. But I really don't know how I would emotionally handle that kind of deprivation/restriction. It is not my strong suit.

I am tired of being worried about this.

Comment

• I seem to remember a lady who was doing multi day fasts on a monthly basis. Give yourself some credit. Strength you have in spades, my dear.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ah, man, Sabine, I wish I had some words of wisdom or advice on this. However, I would NOT call anything you've done a failure. You have made amazing strides. I frankly don't know if I'd even have the effort to try the rotations you are trying. I don't even know how one could manage as much as you have.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Is there something special about the 4 day fast? It seems you should be able to accomplish what you need by seriously simplifying your up days. So it looks like you have narrowed down to some likely suspects. I would suggest that you do your normal JUDDD but for a couple of weeks pick one food and don't eat it, start with say nightshades. Then if you manage that with no change in the pains, do a couple of weeks without a different food, say lily family, etc. I think you are narrowing it down quite well.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I guess I really didn't think of that. Maybe I just don't want to do it.

But you're right. I CAN do it.

Thanks, Pebbles.

Thanks, Ruth and Demuralist, too! (Cross-post!) It is good to have encouragement.
                      Last edited by Sabine; 11-10-2013, 07:27 AM. Reason: cross-posting

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                        Ah, man, Sabine, I wish I had some words of wisdom or advice on this. However, I would NOT call anything you've done a failure. You have made amazing strides. I frankly don't know if I'd even have the effort to try the rotations you are trying. I don't even know how one could manage as much as you have.
                        ^THIS!!! I think you are amazing & you have done so well! Cut yourself some slack girlfriend!!!
                        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I need to get over myself

I post on another forum that has rules about what you are allowed to post, and apparently I have broken them again.

Someone was complaining about 'food pushers' and I mentioned that although I cannot throw up at will, I have always wondered how a food pusher would react if after finally 'giving in' to their demands to eat, one threw up right then and there. Since her food pusher was partially blind, I said I couldn't help but think it was a great opportunity for a fake-out.

Someone else commented that this made them laugh out loud.

Well, my comment and hers have both been deleted, and I am expecting to get a notification that I have stepped out of bounds.

My upbringing makes me a real rule-follower in most things, and I am feeling squelched that my comment was deleted. Like someone is shaking their finger at me, and saying, 'bad girl!'

I need to just brush it off, but...

And what was wrong with it? Hints of bulimia? I don't think there was anything in it it that indicated I thought it was a good idea to REALLY throw up. Just a humorous one. Maybe no fourth-grade humor allowed?

Can't complain about it over there (another thing that's not allowed) so I'm pitching my fit over here.

Comment

• My only guess is that it could be seen as making fun of someone with a disability - partially blind, fake out, etc. If they are going for hints of bulimia they really need to get the f*ck over it as that is weak at best. Of course, they seem thin-skinned to begin with. Hang out with us. We like bad girls.

Comment

• What he said.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Maybe it WAS the blind aspect. Someone else suggested using a milk carton to hide the food, since she wouldn't be able to see that, so I'll watch to see if that comment disappears.

What am I talking about!?! I should just forget about the thread, put on some black leather, and plop myself in MDA!

Thanks, friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X