No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, I have recently been eating a lot of cheese but could go back and give it up if I stopped buying it. The cream is what I would have trouble with. I would just totally give up coffee if I couldn't have it with cream.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I've been doing green smoothies on my Down Days because it is super-easy with the 4-day rotation, in terms of not 'using up' food families too quickly. But they are almost all carb from the vegetables and fruits. Makes me hungrier by the end of the day.

Duh, but it just clicked with me. Will need to put my thinking cap on and do some more planning.

Pork and turnips/greens tomorrow! I can't wait! (Well, I can, but I'm excited.) I'm driving Middlest back tomorrow and the plan is pork links and greens with fried turnips for breakfast, pork ribs while on the road, and bacon for a snack.

Comment

• Can you add egg whites (because of the higher ratio of protein) either liquid or powdered, or eggs to the smoothie, or does that constitute a new food family? I seem to remember vaguely, that sometimes people have a sensitivity to only either the white or the yolk.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Defatted (I know, I know...don't shoot me) bone broth of different animals?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• defatted is actually a good idea since most of the flavor is in the fat, and you can always use the fat for cooking right?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Eggs are from the chicken family, so it would be a new group.

I DID start separating out my bones, so that i can make beef broth, or lamb broth, or rabbit broth, etc.

I think I might do a tilapia(freshwater fish family) day(protein-high) for my next Down Day. And maybe macadamia nuts(fat-high) for the next one and see how they go.

Comment

• macadamia nuts cannot be in my house, seriously cannot eat less than a massive quantity.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I like them okay, but I can leave them alone. Not a danger food for me, luckily.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    macadamia nuts cannot be in my house, seriously cannot eat less than a massive quantity.
                    This makes sense as macadamia nuts only come in two sizes...'all there' and 'gone'. Seriously they are like crack.

Comment

• ^+++what he said!

where does coconut fall in the families?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Coconut, dates, and palm oil are together in the Palm family.

Comment

• Dates, Mac nuts, and cashews are my primal trigger foods.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Cashews are my crack......... I quit buying them
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm fine with macs and walnuts and almonds being in the house and not gorging on them... but pecans and home-roasted still warm cashews??? Yeah, they be gone in an instant...
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• This is turning into a fasting Down Day. I could eat, but I think I will just power through. Took the dogs for a nice walk around the pond, and walked to do my errands. Received an outrageous compliment which made me laugh*. Took a nice bath, and have slathered my face with coconut oil. I smell like a macaroon.

I will make tomorrow my fish day, instead, and you know what that means for an Up Day!

Honey is helping me set up an Excel sheet to chart my food families. Much as I love my post-its, it is becoming unwieldy.

* I was approaching a man on the sidewalk. As he said, "Hello, beautiful," I was starting my greeting of "How you doing?". If I had waited until he had said something, I probably would have been thrown by the 'beautiful', but as it was, I got my greeting out, and he responded with, "Doing great, now that I've seen you."

I burst out laughing, but it still made my day. Hey, any time someone is going to call me beautiful is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X