No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love chopped...one of the few tv shows I watch on occasion. We don't have cable, but catch it on netflicks.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, gourds make for very thin smoothies. I guess it makes sense, as they are mostly water. This is the closest I have come to feeling like I am 'juicing'.

Running around like a maniac, trying to get all my tasks done by 1:00 so I can watch some more Walking Dead without feeling guilty. But I refuse to gulp down my sustenance for the day, so I am sipping it while I peruse the forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        I missed what your costume is.

We have trunk or treat around here, and the people who pass out the candy from the back of their cars dress up as well as decorating their cars. Very fun, and usually in the big parking lots of churches so very safe for kids to run around without the fear of cars, etc.

Our neighborhood is going to have a halloween parade that starts at 5:15 on Thursday, I am looking forward to that.
        We do Trunk or Treat in a large parking lot at work (Army post). Prizes go to the best decorated trunk. I've never participated, but it sounds fun.

My kids trick or treat, so I don't pass out candy. I am excited to see/hear what your costume is as well. Strut your stuff girly!
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I don't do Halloween............. I think its a silly holiday made up by candy companies to sell more candy! We're going out to dinner with friends who also don't do Halloween
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• History of Halloween - Halloween History

oh no, it is a very serious tradition. NOT silly at all. Keeping up with traditions is a very important part of a culture's group identity.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I love Halloween!

We always make fun costumes. Years ago Honey invested in a real good quality skeleton suit, hood, and cloak, which he wears most years. He also has a gladiator costume. When the kids were little we would switch off taking them, always leaving one grown-u behind to pass out candy, 'cause we love seeing all the kids come by, and checking out their costumes. The kids are something different every year, of course. That's part of the fun, coming up with great new things. We carve pumpkins, and play spooky music.

Comment

• Salem is having an allergic reaction to something. The vet gave her a steroid shot, but her face is still very puffy, and now she is getting bumps all down her back. I'm worried for her. At least she does not seem to be in any distress, but I'll be watching her closely. Hope a late-night run to the emergency vet is not needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Salem is having an allergic reaction to something. The vet gave her a steroid shot, but her face is still very puffy, and now she is getting bumps all down her back. I'm worried for her. At least she does not seem to be in any distress, but I'll be watching her closely. Hope a late-night run to the emergency vet is not needed.
                  Praying for you & Salem. Why do dogs always seem to get sick after hours?
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I hope Salem is ok this morning! She either ate something or something might have stung her. *keeping fingers crossed* she's ok.
                    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Hmmmm...named Salem....Halloween...hope she is okay!
                      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Happy Halloween!

Salem is fine this morning. Still a LITTLE puffy in her face, but the hives are gone, and she is full of ginger.

Middlest is also doing much better. Pain is reduced, and the nausea is passing off. She got plenty of rest yesterday. Her suite won the Halloween decorating contest. Hogwarts theme.

(I only put Salem first because she is the most recent topic, and there has already been a Middlest update! )

The costume is DONE and I am looking forward to wearing it today. There will be a slight struggle getting into the corset on my own, but I will persevere.

Got 'The Casual vacancy' for my Nook, and am enjoying it so far. The major drawback with e-readers is you can't take them in the bath.

Sashimi today, so I had fish for breakfast, too. Two fillets of tilapia fried in butter. Over 50g of protein, and yet only about 400-500 calories with the butter. I will be hungry for my lunch.

My boochless Down day went okay, but I am looking forward to having some tomorrow. My stock is building up- there are now TEN bottles in the fridge. I have named all the SCOBYs. They are as follows:
                        Alice
                        Lucy
                        Beulah
                        Hazel
                        Tabitha
                        Prudence

Don't judge!!!

Comment

• How do you remember which booch is who?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            How do you remember which booch is who?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            Good question!

I assume your daughter received a concussion based on the updates you have provided... I am glad to hear she's doing better.

I hope the pup feels better soon too. Our chocolate lab used to get hivey and we could find no reason for it. We called the vet and he simply told us to give him a benedryl when he's feeling itchy. It worked well.

I can't wait to see your halloween costume!!
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I just label the jars and bottles, and put the SCOBY back in the jar she(SCOBYs are female, aren't they? I gave them all girl names.) came from. It will be fun to have a taste test sometime, and see if I can tell differences when they are up against each other. I know that sometimes I am just blown away with how good they taste, and other times, they just taste plain, old good. That might be my mood, though. A taste test would be more scientific.

Comment

• Yesterday:

Up at 5:45

7:00 2 tilapia fillets fried in butter

1:00 2 plates sashimi with seaweed
                                mussels with cream sauce

5:15 dried seaweed snack

6:00-7:00 14 pieces of candy

Water: 12 glasses
                                Pains: 14

Bed at 10:15

It was a fun Halloween. I did my errands in my costume, and got a lot of comments. Passed out candy in the evening. Drank extra water after eating my own candy, to ameliorate the carb situation. I feel pretty good. I did not intend to eat the candy, but I stopped after a semi-reasonable amount, and didn't just mindlessly shovel it in, or give in too the 'well, I've blown it, might as well go whole-hog' mindset.

Looking forward to my booch Down Day. I am driving down to pick up Middlest for the weekend. She could use some cossetting.

Comment

Working...
                                X