Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female! So I look smaller.

I went to the gym and lifted things. I deserve a gold star. Where's the emoticon for that?

Now waiting for lamb chops to grill.

Comment

• Day before yesterday:

Up at 5:30

11:45 booch

4:00 booch

Water: 9 glasses
      Walking: 20"
      Pains: 12

Bed at 10:00

Yesterday:

Up at 6:30

10:00 1/2C pistachios
      tapioca-maple-coconut milk pudding
      2 figs

1:40 mussels, clams, chirashi, seaweed

4:00 more pudding and figs

5:30 pistachios

8:00 4 small lamb chops
      tapioca pudding with maple syrup

Walking:40"
      gym time
      Water: 9 glasses
      Pains: 14

Bed at 9:00

The pudding was...interesting. Sort of gelatinous. Worth having, but I don't think I will make this recipe again.

The figs on the other hand...WOW! Delicious. Prior to primal, the way I had figs was inside Fig Newtons. (I love Fig Newtons!) I don't think I have had the fruit by itself, ever. Well, maybe a fresh one long ago in my childhood. I bit into one(dried) and my first thought was, 'these taste exactly Like Fig Newtons!' Backwards, I know, but I was very pleased. I look forward to having them again.

Comment

• Dried figs are the bomb. I cannot have them in the house. They are like newtons :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I enjoyed them so much. makes me want to try fresh figs. I have no idea when their season is, though. *Quick Google.* Late June to early fall. If I hunt around, I might still find some.

Comment

• I don't like fresh food quite as much, but I think it's lack of exposure and not really sure what to do with them :-) maybe next year...

-- Ruth

Comment

• Figs, not food.

-- Ruth

Comment

• Thoughts on the pains

No comments on this, I just want to put it up here for my own reference.

There may be foods that irritate ME, and foods that just don't go well down an irritated passage.

Don't forget/neglect your relaxation exercises. Stress is not a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Female! So I look smaller.

I went to the gym and lifted things. I deserve a gold star. Where's the emoticon for that?

Now waiting for lamb chops to grill.
                  gold-star-2-890290.jpg
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks, Jenn!

I have planned a new speed bump: always having two cartons of milk in the fridge. Honey really hates to miss out on his milk. And I don't do so well with noticing when the carton(opaque) is getting light, since I don't drink that much milk. But even I can notice when we go from two cartons to one. So, that has been my new attention getter, and it is working pretty well.

I really like this whole speed bump technique. So far it has tidied up my entry way, and my counter. Now I need to figure out how it can help me save money.

Comment

• Each Saturday/Sunday when I go shopping, I pick up 3 gallons of milk. Since I'm not following W30 anymore and have been drinking milk again, I should probably go back to buying 4 again.

Refresh my memory of this speed bump thing. Do I need to read a book or is there a website I need to browse. I can't remember... lol
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• dried figs, pitted, with a bit of cream cheese and a walnut half (or pistachio) pressed into the pit space. Heaven, don't start it is addictive! But a really nice addition to a cheese course either before or after a meal for company, the kids can put them together.

fresh are very nice with greek yogurt and a drizzle of local honey and a sprinkling of chopped almonds or pistachios. dessert or breakfast-if you can take that much carb in the morning.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I got the idea from Pebbles' thread. She was doing a program that told her about it, but I can't remember which one. Essentially, you choose a behavior that you would like to change, and come up with a 'speed bump' or alert, to that prompts you to the correct behavior.

I was tired of always having mail over-flowing on my hall table. It looked horrible, and I would get behind on dealing with things. And yet, I knew saying 'I will take care of all my mail each day when it comes in' just wasn't going to happen. So, my speed bump for that area is a stand which holds about 1 1/2" of mail. When it is full, I HAVE to deal with my mail. When there's room, I can put the day's mail in, if I choose.

It has really helped a lot.

Comment

• Sabine, thank you so much for ordering a couple of my pebbles So sweet of you and they are on their merry way. The kids had to say goodbye to them before they got packed up lol! I like your idea of a speed bump... I should do something of the same sort for all my miscellaneous papers that end up heaped all over my desk.... better think on that.
                            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                            Primal low: 186 lbs
                            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Lol the speed bump was actually a "rumble strip". Speed bump works too. The concept comes from Dean Dwyer's program Building Incredible Willpower.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Shoot! Rumble strip!

I already got the notice that the owls are shipped, Coll. Looking forward to seeing them in person. The large one is going to go to my son's girlfriend for Christmas. The small one...I might keep.

Comment

Working...
                                X