No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling rather hungry. It is my own fault (m&ms last night=sugar cravings today) but somehow, just knowing that doesn't make it go away.

Littlest requested split pea soup, so that is bubbling away on the stove, smelling delicious. I'm sipping on some booch, sewing, and watching 'A Few Good men'. But I needed to take a break from sitting down, so here I am, at the computer again(standing up). But there's not much to read. We need more people posting long, though-provoking entries in the middle of the day. Get on that, will you, gang?

New phone/computer/tv service has started! Tomorrow I make the very satisfying call to cancel our old guys. The bums.

Watched 'A Place at the Table' yesterday. Maybe not a good choice right after my SNAP challenge, or maybe an excellent one. Made me feel I should DO something. But what? Pondering.

Comment

• Have you tried carob chips? I bought a bag but haven't tried them. I L-O-V-E milk and white chocolate.
      Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
      Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
      Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
      Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
      1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
      GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
      CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
      49 - 5'7.5"
      Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• No, I've never gotten into carob. I think I tried it once, in 9th grade. I mostly have dark chocolate, now, when I am having chocolate. (M&ms are a category of their own.)

I forgot that I am going out this evening. That may change my Down Day plans. There will likely be pizza(I'll eat the toppings) and salad. But I'm bringing my booch, and if I feel up to it, I will just sip that. If I don't, I won't. Nothing like flexibility!

Comment

• I tried 4 of them - they are mini chips. Tasted a lot like sugar and not so much like chocolate. Oh well. *sigh*
          Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
          Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
          Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
          Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
          1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
          GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
          CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
          49 - 5'7.5"
          Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• I'll try to be better about posting in the middle of the day...but my life is boring...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            -- Ruth

Comment

• ^ what she said!! lol
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Yep me too I think I need to start reading Gay Panda's journal again.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I guess we are all just lumps right now. I need to come up with something exciting to do...or maybe not. I like just hanging out, not having any drama going on.

Comment

• Yeah. In many senses, my daily life (work) has a LOT of drama. So, I come here and enjoy just "hanging" with my internet friends.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, the only thing good about the kids being gone is that there is no daily drama. Of course, a little would be nice.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I try to keep up with GP's journal but it's been kinda quiet over in the magical bamboo forest. The panda must be writing like crazy, probably to meet a deadline or something.

My life is kinda boring too right now. I have a quilt in the frame I should be working on but I'm just not in the mood. I need to be making some covered notebooks for my SIL to take to her craft show next weekend. Not in the mood for that either. I need to be working on my online shop but not in the mood for that either!! Guess I'd better get IN the mood...I need to make some money!! lol. Right now I'm just reading. I love to read...but that doesn't get much done around here. Well accept my FlyLady stuff. Have been doing that & I love the progress in my house.

Have a great day!!
                        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• This may be too gross for you- fair warning

I have not washed my hair for two weeks.

At first, it just happened.

I usually wash my hair in the bath, not the shower, and my hair was still looking good when I took a bath, so I put it off. The next bath, I was in a rush. Then I started to get interested in how how long it would take for my hair to really start looking bad or smelling funny. I am brushing it root to tip more frequently, and it is still looking good. I put hot rollers in it on Tuesday, and my hair held the curl for more than two days, not just the customary 6-8 hours. As far as I can tell, it does not smell funny.

So I'm going to keep going.

Comment

• I try to only wash mine about once a week, it just gets too frizzy if I just let it go though. I sleep with it in one of those tube rollers (rubbery outside wire inside) and basically roll it into a bun, then in the morning I fix the bangs, usually hitting them with the dryer and a big round brush. This helps keep down the frizz and gives the curl more direction. So I don't feel so much like Weird Al Yankovic!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Quick recap

Friday:
                              Up at 5:30
                              7:00 tea
                              9:30 mini green smoothie & probiotic
                              7:00 toppings from 8 slices pizza
                              strawberries and cream
                              Water: 10
                              Walking: no
                              Pains:20
                              Bed at 10:30

Saturday
                              Up at 7:30
                              8:00 booch
                              11:00 4 pork links, 2 eggs, creamed spinach
                              chocolate-macadamias
                              1:00 puffin with butter, probiotic
                              afternoon- assorted snacks-potato sticks, olives, cheese, crisp bread
                              5:30 bratwurst, zucchini cakes, 2 samosas, quinoa salad, probiotic
                              7:00 ginger thins, chocolate, booch
                              Water: 8
                              Walking: 40"
                              Pains: 13
                              Bed at 8:30

Sunday
                              Up at 9:00
                              10:00 tea
                              11:45 1 egg, probiotic
                              1:00 booch
                              7:30 pork sausage and veg soup, probiotic
                              Water: 11
                              Walking: no
                              Pains: 11
                              Bed at 10:30

Feel down into grains this weekend, and too much chocolate. Oh, well. We had a vegetarian friend over, so it's not too surprising. I'll do better next time!

I am planning a seafood and pork intensive week. Bought some frozen and canned fish to have at hand, so there's NO EXCUSES! And you know I'm starting off with sashimi. That's just a given, right?

Comment

• I have been keeping frozen fish and shrimp in my freezer for a couple of weeks now, it really makes a difference when it is so easily at hand. (I actually take it right out of the freezer and cook it, no thawing)
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X