No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is the closest grocery store to my house. I spend way less money when I use them as a grocery store, I just need to be flexible about what I want. If I need specific things (for a company recipe or something like that) I go to a bigger store, but always end up spending way more than I planned to, so I generally prefer TJ's.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, Down Days make for short posts, that's for sure!

Up at 5:30

11:00 booch

3:00 booch

5:00 protein shake

Water: 9 glasses
      Walking 20" + gym!
      Pains: 13
      Sun: not really

Bed at 9:45

I was VERY grumpy when I got back from the gym. The rec center we usually go to is having the basketball court refinished, and the smell always gives me a headache, so we went to a different one last night. The machines were a bit different, but that wasn't the cause of my mood. The walls were COVERED in mirrors. Everywhere I looked, I saw me, in my workout clothes, hair all straggly. NOT motivational. I felt UGLY and FAT by the time I left. Honey told me not to be ridiculous, but I guess I remain ridiculous. This may call for a new haircut and some snazzy workout clothes if I ever have to go to that gym again.

Comment

• Men don't get that what we see in the mirror can make or break a mood.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• mirrors -the worst enemy, right after the scale, to my moods
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Glad you're back, Sabine! Eventually, you'll enjoy the mirrors. I used to hate them too, but now I find myself checking myself out in the mirrors at the gym.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Sewing like a maniac, had a break to get a burger(bunless) with Honey, now I'm back at it. Waiting for the
              Intense Custard to cool so I can have a luxurious dessert.

Comment

• I can so relate to HATING mirrors! Wreck a good mood in a second - just as bad as clothes shopping (actually clothes shopping is worse now that I think of it!) Pretty cool that Honey didn't think you have anything to worry about though!
                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                Primal low: 186 lbs
                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I have an honest-to-gosh pathological fear of mirrors - had it my whole life. The only mirror I have is in the bathroom. (This is probably TMI!)
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm going to be out all day Saturday(my Up Day) and in a situation where it will be too easy for me to have BAD food. (I'm talking oreos, corny dogs, and chips--not just a slice of bread.) So I am prepping myself.

I know I will feel deprived tomorrow if I don't have a treat, so today I am making:

Mushroom quiche
                    Heroin hot wings
                    homemade ranch dressing
                    valentino brownie cakes
                    low-carb crepes to have with cream and strawberries

Already made: onion custard baked in bacon 'crusts'.

Also, it is raining. I hope we get a good drenching, but then it STOPS, so Honey can go riding. The ground should soak it up like a sponge, but even a very dry, very deep sponge has limits. It can resume on Monday.

Comment

• A hard lesson indeed: the things you see in others, are often the things you have struggles with yourself.

So...I am stopping right now, and doing my relaxation thing.

Really.

Comment

• Okay, I did it.

And will do it four more times today! YES, I WILL!

Comment

• I know (now) for sure the things that drive me crazy in my kids are the things that drive me crazy in myself. It took me a very long time to figure it out though.

You are such an adventurous cook, all of your stuff sounds so yummy.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Holy cow, your food sounds good. What time should I arrive?

I was unimpressed with your rain, since I was stuck in it on the plane for what seemed like hours. The folks in our Austin office have a running joke with me. It rains almost every time I go there, so they ask me to come and bring the rain. I did not fail them this time!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh! Can you come a week from Monday? That's when we could use some more. Thanks, that would be awesome!

The onion custard-bacon cups are ready now. For the rest, don't arrive until this evening. I'm going to start the cooking AFTER I get the fair prep done. First things first. I'm giving myself until 9:07 to play on the computer, then I must DO STUFF!

Demuralist-the onion custard is a variation of an old German recipe, Zwiebelkuechen (onion cake-but more of a tart). I LOVE it, and am very impressed with myself that I thought of making a bacon crust. These few years I have just not been eating the crust, but this will be some much better. And...they look adorable.

Made sushi for Littlest's lunch yesterday( and Honey's post-work snack). I confess, i always feel like Super-Mom when I send SUSHI to school. I mean, if any packed lunch deserves a gold star, that is it!

Have discovered a new tv series to enjoy on dvd from the library: Leverage. Honey likes it, too, so we'll be watching together. Successfully resisted buying the dvd of Walking Dead, Season 3 at Costco. Guess my willpower (or won'tpower) is getting stronger.

Aggravated by a mailing my congressman sent. I think I need to write him a strongly worded letter. What a doofus. (Okay, he's probably NOT a doofus. But taking credit for something I consider a travesty, should receive some kind of scold. Let him know not ALL his constituents think this is a good idea.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                Okay, I did it.

And will do it four more times today! YES, I WILL!
                                Thrilling! and Mysterious.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X