No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you have the continuous brew idea down just fine, although I'm not an expert. I like to add stuff, flavors, fruit, etc., and I think the taste improves after bottling and refrigeration, so doing it all at once works better for me.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Woohoo!

I am typing this on my HOME computer! Our service is back on.

I was reading Mark's post about the 21-day challenge, and realized there is something I've been neglecting. (Not the exercise portion- I neglect that on purpose.) I want to make sure I am getting sun every day. I remember when I first read Primal Blueprint, I scheduled time to lay in the sun every day. Put it on my list and crossed it off. When did that stop happening?

Happy to say that good and plentiful sleep has become a true habit. I no longer feel bad/selfish/wimpy about insisting on getting to bed at the time that is right for me, and sleeping enough hours.

Biggest obstacle: being able to afford grass-fed/pastured animals. There are too many other important things competing for those dollars. But, we'll get there.

Last week at the gym an interesting thing happened. I can't say I ENJOYED it, but it felt satisfying to pump out my sets, and I didn't even think about stopping after two, but went straight into my third round. Weird.

The next batch of bottled booch (peach-ginger) should be ready today. And I have three half-gallon jars sitting, in gleaming loveliness, on the top of my fridge.

Exercised my brain like a fiend yesterday, helping Littlest with some German translation. Today, I will sink back into an idiotic stupor, just for a change of pace.

Scary project for this evening: spraying an enormous wasps' nest hanging off the back off our garage with Honey. How did they build it so quickly? I am not looking forward to this. Wasps freak me out. I'm thinking of swaddling myself inside several layers of net curtains.

And that is all for now. I sure can spill out a lot of details when i don't have to walk down to the library to log on!

Comment

• Glad you are back! Good luck with the wasp nest. Yikes. They are industrious little creatures, aren't they? Make beavers look like slackers. If wasps had been in charge, the World Trade Center would have been rebuilt on September 12.

I'm with you on the sleep. I have finally made it a firm habit to get enough sleep and that is a top priority. So many benefits! And for me, sticking to a schedule that works with my nutty life has made all of the difference.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• yeah! you are back.

there are times of day when the wasps are less active, almost docile, and that is when you are supposed to spray the nest. But I can't remember when that is? Sorry. But now that you are back online you can google it!

I have got to get back to my sleep schedule. I feel terrible today. I stay up to be with DH, actually feel guilty if I go to bed early, but what the heck for, he is actually sleeping on the recliner. I have tried to get him to come to bed with me, but he just gets irritated because I woke him up.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good to hear you have service again Are they going to credit you for the time you were down?

Be careful with those wasps!!! They are mean little buggers!

The boat shop office and shop are infested with huge spiders! They are just typical house spiders - but they are HUGE! Yesterday he killed 8 of them in the bathroom - so last night he set off a bunch of bug bombs. Have I mentioned how much I HATE spiders?
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yay she's baaaaaaaccckkkk!! You won't be able to stay off the 'puter for a few days at least! It'll be so nice to be in touch with the world again tho! That's the way I was when mine was out for about 2 weeks...or was it a month... No matter...it was too long whatever it was! lol

Nice to have your smiling...hands...back with us!!!
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• "Make your bedroom a clean, cool, cave haven."

I think that is the one I will focus on. My bedroom has become more pleasant since I took my desk out of it, but the corner still collects clutter like it's going out of style. I will spend fifteen minutes working on it today.

Thanks for the welcome back, friends. It is nice to know that people like to have you around!

I had the munchies just a bit ago, so I made myself a luxurious snack platter of emmenthaler, cheddar, liverwurst, and salami. Yum! The dogs enjoyed their bits, too.

Are any of you familiar with kumihimo? It is a Japanese braiding technique. I am demonstrating it at the craft fair this weekend, and am making up starters for people to try for themselves. I am getting dizzy with it. Glad I started today, as it is taking longer than I expected. Up-down-turn-repeat! Up-down-turn-repeat! It's my new mantra.

Comment

• I can testify to the benefits of a sleeping cave!

Comment

• I took the time and moved all the sewing stuff out of my bedroom and closet, and into the new sewing room. That alone clears that corner enormously.

I think, though, that I need a different bedside arrangement. I have an artist's table for my lamp, and books, and doodads. It is easy to pile stuff up AND, there's a lot I want to keep there, that doesn't necessarily need to be OUT. I should find a smaller chest of drawers. I'll measure the area and then start looking in the various thrift stores.

I'll do another fifteen minutes tomorrow and tackle the papers and books.

Comment

• Hi, Sabine! Glad you are back. Missed you.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Hey, remember this?

Up at 5:30

9:00 meatballs with marinara and zucchini

12:00 fish with tartar sauce, kombucha, grapes, a spoon of peanut butter

2:00 cheese, salami, liverwurst

6:00 cauliflower with cheese, bratwurst with peppers, onions, tomatoes, fruit salad, kombucha

Water: 9 glasses
                        Pains: 10
                        Walking: nope

Bed at 9:00

Please notice booch twice. It was a splurge.

Today I will be buying a huge hunk of fish to turn into sushi and sashimi tomorrow. And probably some seaweed, too. I shouldn't, I am trying to spend less this month, but it is hard for me to resist doing all the trimmings when I am making a sushi lunch. Honey is jazzed. He loves having sushi and sashimi at home.

Comment

• man, I just drank some of the store bought "Lavender" flavor booch, ewwww. Undrinkable to me. The Original was lovely though, so I will get some of that to tide me over till I get to making it.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Lavender has never appealed to me as a FLAVOR, only something to smell.

I did NOT buy seaweed. They were out.

Comment

• Lavender in very small amounts, as a hint of flavor is lovely, especially in sweet things. But, well, I wasted the almost $35 on this one.

hate when I have my heart set on something and it isn't there. One of the problems with shopping at Trader Joes is that on occasion a favorite product of theirs will just disappear from the shelves never to be seen again.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                hate when I have my heart set on something and it isn't there. One of the problems with shopping at Trader Joes is that on occasion a favorite product of theirs will just disappear from the shelves never to be seen again.
                                That's why I have not got in the habit of shopping at TJs. That and it isn't terribly convenient to go there. Its about a mile from my work ..... but in the opposite direction to coming home.
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X