Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope the pains are gone today.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I hope you are having a good day Sabine! I don't get along with my MIL...so I do understand your impatience & snarkiness. Hopefully she'll be leaving soon! 12 days! I'm not sure I could put up with her in my house that long...I don't care how much you get along!! Company is like the garbage...after 3 days it stinks! 😉
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I got the recipe and technique for the kombucha from the site, culturesforhealth.com. Very easy to understand and follow.

Kombucha is not calorie-free. The SCOBY 'eats' most of the sugar, though, so an 8oz glass runs about 5-10 calories. Then, if you put any fruit or flavorings in it, that ups it again. But I think it is still a good deal. For the apricot-ginger, I put in one slice of ginger, and 1/6th of a large apricot. I think I can handle whatever carbs/calories that adds.

Still with the pains today, but I am dealing. I have asked, and I am ready to receive.

We are getting our last bout of sewing in today. The log cabins we are making are turning out WONDERFUL. They make me excited to just keep sewing. I have to hold myself back a little, because otherwise I outpace her so much that it feels funny. I don't mind being twice as fast, but three times or more, seems awkward. So, when I should be ironing or cutting, I take little internet breaks! It all works to good.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a three day fast next week, to give my digestion a COMPLETE break. Depends on how the pains go through the weekend. Funny reasoning: I don't want to do it BEFORE the weekend, because then I might feel I am trying to lose weight to 'make' my Labor Day goal. I would rather not make it, honestly, on my normal rotations, than have my mind think I'm pulling a fast one. (No pun intended.)

Comment

• I envy those who have time to sew and craft. My mom sent me a text this morning saying one of the dresses she was making my daughter was done. She JUST took Kenna's measurements yesterday, so I was blown away that it was done already. I told her I wished I had her free time. But, her kids are all grown up and moved out and she and step-dad are pretty tidy people, so she doesn't spend as much time on chores as I do. She said I'd had more time for crafting after the kids get a bit older. I hope so. I'd love to do some quilting and/or scrapbooking.

Comment

• thanks, I will look it up.

I just got my kids into the crafting too, they did stuff while I did stuff. Then for a while I took lessons (I bartered for them) in oil painting, so one day a week I knew I would be able to work on the paintings. For me it was about carving out a space that I didn't have to clear mid-project, that way I could go and spend 15 minutes or a couple of hours, whatever I had, and didn't have to put it all away and take it out again.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I don't have such a space, which makes a HUGE difference. I used to spread out on the dining room table, but that prevented us from using it, and cleaning up all those pictures and tools and machines and books and all that stuff for an hour of scrapping just didn't seem worth it, so it got put away and left away. I don't have a good place to spread out and get anything done. It was completely different when we only had Brady. I'd work on things after he went to bed, leave it on the table and not worry about it. But at that time, it was just Brad and I eating our meals out of a high chair and we ate in the living room usually. Now that our kids are older, we want to have a family dinner at the table, so it has to be cleared each day.

i'd LIKE to have a space in the basement, but presently our basement is too moist/humid/muggy whatever for storing pictures.

Comment

• Now that my kids are off to college, I have way too much space. It seems like we have always had homes that had a formal dining room and a casual eating area. We used the casual for dinners, that left the formal mostly empty. We did do dinner parties, but that was rare enough I would just clear up for those.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Brad wants to put a small round table in our kitchen, which is large enough to house an island so a table would work, but I don't like having to walk around things to get to the fridge from the sink/stove. The reason I took the island out (it was a roll away island) is b/c it disrupted the flow - or triangle, if you will.

Comment

• ah, well it shows we are all different, I like the walk around for getting in extra steps, and having the table (well in my case island) had the kids in my space while doing their homework. Definitely disrupts the flow though.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Two half-gallon bottles of kombucha, brewing away! I'm going to let them go a little longer this time. The last batch was a little too sweet.

Comment

• so how much of the stuff do you drink a day, what do you do with the baby scoby's, what happens if you go out of town?
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• If I had the quantity available, I would drink a glass every day. I'm working up to that. Right now I get a glass every other day, with some pauses when I have run out.

When a baby SCOBY grows, it can go into its own jar, to double your capacity!

I just 'split' my SCOBY for the first time today. (I have done two batches, I think.) I actually had three. Two nice thick ones- the original mother, and a baby that had grown up- and a thin baby SCOBY. I put the baby in with the teenager. You CAN just leave them in together, and they will function as one.

If you leave them longer than three weeks, they WILL need additional sugar added to their jar. So I guess you would need a SCOBY sitter. Or at least a visitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            ah, well it shows we are all different, I like the walk around for getting in extra steps, and having the table (well in my case island) had the kids in my space while doing their homework. Definitely disrupts the flow though.
                            If our kitchen had been built the way it was SUPPOSED to be built, we'd have a breakfast bar... but instead the tools that built it put a wall and upper cabinets where the breakfast bar was supposed to go and DH and I weren't "man enough" to make them fix it. And now we use the cabinet for our dishes so I don't think we'll be able to get rid of it unless we completely remodel the whole room - which is the plan for a few years from now.

Comment

• I just saw something on hgtv where they used tall upper cabinets as the base for a breakfast bar. Thereby adding extra storage facing into the dining room.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh, dear.

I am beginning to feel the effects of two sugar-free pecan delights, eaten after my mother-in-law's train pulled out of the station.

Malitol was involved.

Need I say more?

Comment

Working...
                                X