No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter showed me a picture where they had taken all the 'stuf' out of the oreos, then repackaged them, with the cookies on one side, and a bowl of 'stuf' on the other, for dipping. They named it 'Moreos', I think.

Comment

• you could probably also make a chocolate dipping sauce and maybe a PB one and serve at parties right?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Mmmmm....

Stop that!

No Oreos for me!

Comment

• Mega stuff??? Damn.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Actually I got sick on Oreos when I was young, my cousin and I ate an entire container of them. Oddly, it is only the stuff I cannot stomach all these years later, the cookie part I can eat but the stuff gags me. No matter there are plenty of other things to indulge in.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Warning, my 'm' key is acting up. Decipher as required.

Yeah, once you have an unpleasant experience like that the thrill is gone.

Last night, what do you suppose the conversation turned to? (Not brought up by me, it just happened!) Oreos! Two of our friends are from other countries. India, apparently has no Oreos substitute, but in Australia, they are called Timtams.

Seems I can't get away from Oreos. Perhaps I need to start a countdown: Days without Oreos after first thinking of them.

Much (though not Oreos) was eaten last night, and this morning this scale perplexed and pleased me by going down. Looking forward to my Down Day today. The apricot-ginger kombucha is lovely. My last Down Day, of kombucha and shrimps, went swimmingly. I did NOT have piece of the blender pie that night. No desire. I tried some last night, on my Up Day, but I wasn't really impressed. Worth trying, I suppose, but not a second time. Better by far was the strawberry-rhubarb Noosa yogurt. Yum!

Okay, did I ever imagine that would happen? That I would prefer YOGURT, no matter how good, to PIE, no matter how poor? Strange days are upon us.

Having another person in the house is raising strange pressures to eat. I will be glad when I can relax into my own ways again.

Made those Sunny Devils again, as well as standard devilled eggs, and anchovy eggs(henceforth to be known as Fishy Devils). All delightful. I'll be snacking on the leftover tomorrow.

This afternoon I will be prepping sushi rice for Littlest's first day back to school tomorrow. Tuna and crab rolls, I think. Plus some seaweed and mochi.

In non-food action, I enjoyed a nice walk yesterday, in spite of the heat. It felt so good to be outside alone. And the big skies we have in Texas really can make you feel alone, even in the middle of the suburbs. They stretch on forever.

And I am getting to bed a little earlier. I feel well-rested in the mornings.

Comment

• eating is such a social thing, having people in the house always induces an urge to eat/feed them.

I may have to start some kombucha. I was unimpressed with store bought, but maybe I can get some made that I actually think it worth the effort.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• New water heater going in as I type. Honey is looking forward to having a long, HOT shower this evening!

For breakfast I had cold shrimp, and the toppings off three slices of pizza. Ah, the marvel of leftovers!

Comment

• My day so far...

I went to an old-fashioned hardware store, and bought a box of six half-gallon jars for 10.99. They had 'decorative' gallon jars(no heat seals), which would have been fine for my purposes, as I won't be heat processing them, but they were 17.99 a piece! I will stick with the smaller size.

Tomorrow I am going to split my SCOBY, and start two jars brewing. Excitement abounds.

I had a warm shower for the first time in over a week, and it was lovely. Although short, as I was dashing off for lunch and the trip to the hardware store.

This afternoon I mixed up the sweet and savory Sweet Potato Meatloaf from omgpaleo that Tomi featured a few days ago. It smelled great in progress. Very interested to taste it tonight. I'll be serving it with broccoli slaw and sweet potato fries, which may be sweet potato overkill, but it is what I have on hand. My mother-in-law asked, "No mashed potatoes and gravy?" which I confess, irked me. But I was able to just calmly say, "No, I don't do potatoes very often any more." And that was that.

Littlest just back from the first day of school. She appears to have survived.

I have pulled out a crazy-busy hand-piecing project, which I haven't worked on in a few years. Beautiful hexagons in clear, bright colors, set in a diamond pattern. I am amazed at how much I had done on it...and how much there is left to do!

Comment

• Very cranky from pains. Honey suggested I go get a massage after his mom leaves. I think I will. I don't expect it to have a direct impact on my bowels(though you never know, I guess) but I am sure it will relax me.

I am pissed at myself for various sugar excesses, which I am sure brought this on. Yes, it was my choice to have a piece of the mother-in-law pie. No one was holding a gun to my head. And three bites of creme brulee doesn't seem like that much. But ice cream because the pie was unsatisfying, and yogurt with strawberry-rhubarb stuff to 'relax' after stress is not the best idea, girl. There's only so much slack your body will cut you before giving you a slap upside your intestines. Pull yourself together!

The good thing is, I am solidly back on my rotations and feeling good about it, and all those excess moments were on an Up Day, so although I don't WANT to have eaten them, it was perfectly ALLOWABLE on my plan. I feel good about that.

Second school lunch of the year packed. In general, I like packing lunches. Today I used a mini flower cookie cutter to shape slices of cheese.

Watched 'Hachi' last night. A real tearjerker. I was essentially lying on the sofa and crying for the last forty minutes.

And...I guess that's about it this morning.

Comment

• Ugh, so sorry about the pains! Glad to hear, however, that you are moving on with today. How long is the MIL here? Although my MIL and I get along fairly well (now), she says food things that irk me as well. Nature of the beast, I guess. I hope I'm not that way as a MIL, though I'm sure I'll be irritating, though unintentionally so...

It's surprising what a good massage can do. I suspect if there was someone who knew to what they were doing, they could probably impact the bowels

Hope you have a great day!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• sorry about the pain, and I second the idea that someone who knows what they are doing could impact the bowels in a positive way.

Sugar is a hard road to turn around from. I think it helps to have a down day right after a sugar episode. Snaps me right out if it. Good Luck
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Thanks, Ruth. I get along well with my mother-in-law, but there ARE issues (aren't there always?) and having a guest in your home for 12 days jst wears on you a little.

Things I am looking forward to doing once she has left:
                            Walking around naked in the morning.
                            Not wearing a bra all the time!
                            Reading for more than ten minutes.
                            Checking my texts at will, instead of at planned moments and with apologies.
                            Eating or not eating when I want.
                            Having NPR on in the mornings.
                            Talking about politics and religions.
                            Not having to signal Honey away from touchy topics with frantic eye movements.
                            Feeling like I am a decent person, instead of feeling ashamed for my impatience and snarkiness.
                            Taking as long as I want on errands.
                            Not doing the dishes twice per day!
                            Watching PG+ movies.

Oh, goodness. Where did all that come from!?!

Comment

• Thanks, Demuralist. Maybe I SHOULD ask her if she can do something for bowels.

I LOVE my Down Days now. They are restful. I am planning water, kombucha(had my first one minutes ago), and a green smoothie tonight.

Comment

• Is Kombucha calorieless? Where did you get the recipe.

I like the list, I need to make one of the things my mom can do when I leave her house. I am a night owl and I am sure first on her list is to go to bed at a reasonable hour!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X