Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like aliens maybe?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• "Climate change".
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• You can report the company to the Better Business Bureau, that usually kicks things into gear. I'm SO wary of repairmen after watching MANHUNTER.

In other news, I'm becoming interested in this ADF business...
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
        Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Back from the road trip

Middlest is safely off to college!

I ate lots of junk, to deal with my emotions.

It worked.

Mostly.

Now I'm back home and back on track. I am NOT getting on the scale for a few days, though, until I feel back to normal. I have no interest in seeing how high I swung- I know it will be back down soon.

The kombucha with apricot and ginger turned out FANTASTIC! I am bottling more today.

My mother-in-law is visiting for the next week and a half, so I won't have a lot of time to post or read journals. See y'all when I can!

Oh, and while I was away, the hot water heater broke. Aarghh!

Comment

• OMG, how many different versions of stress can one person handle in one week?

Be good to yourself.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• what is it with you and appliances?

Don't fret the food comforts - like you said in a few days the effects will pass and you'll be on your way again.

Have fun with mother-in-law (if that's at all possible).
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I was wondering the same thing as Tomi... hopefully you don't have many more appliances to break down. Yeesh!
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm trying to only think about them one at a time. Right now it is the water heater's turn.

My mother-in-law and I like to do crafts together, so we will have a good time. I am having a special meeting of my quilting group this Friday, so all the ladies can come and hang out with us

Next batch of kombucha underway! My goal for this week will be to find another large jar so I can double-batch!

My Down Day is going well. I'm sipping on my kombucha and planning a green smoothie before bedtime.

Comment

• My Down Day went well: kombucha and a green smoothie as planned, and I managed to drink a gallon of liquid. That should help on flushing out any water weight.

Started off today with a pork chop and some cauliflower. That was the last of that batch of pork chops. They were excellent: they had a nice half-inch rim of juicy fat.

Good walk with Salem and Chloe this morning. These cool mornings are WONDERFUL! It can't be more than 75 degrees right now. I'm loving it.

Won BOTH games of Scrabble yesterday, quite a feat. I usually don't win ANY.

The plan for today is some errands and setting up the sewing area. My mother-in-law and I are both participating in a log cabin (quilt blocks, not buildings) swap, and we're going to work on the next month's blocks while she is here. Dinner tonight is lamb chops and cucumber salad, so I better get the veggies sliced and marinating before we get down to business.

Littlest has all of her school supplies now, and just needs a pair of shoes and a mirror for her new room (she grabbed Middlest's).

The plumber is coming for the water heater tomorrow. I am being successful in not thinking much about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                      My Down Day went well: kombucha and a green smoothie as planned, and I managed to drink a gallon of liquid. That should help on flushing out any water weight.

Started off today with a pork chop and some cauliflower. That was the last of that batch of pork chops. They were excellent: they had a nice half-inch rim of juicy fat.

Good walk with Salem and Chloe this morning. These cool mornings are WONDERFUL! It can't be more than 75 degrees right now. I'm loving it.

Won BOTH games of Scrabble yesterday, quite a feat. I usually don't win ANY.

The plan for today is some errands and setting up the sewing area. My mother-in-law and I are both participating in a log cabin (quilt blocks, not buildings) swap, and we're going to work on the next month's blocks while she is here. Dinner tonight is lamb chops and cucumber salad, so I better get the veggies sliced and marinating before we get down to business.

Littlest has all of her school supplies now, and just needs a pair of shoes and a mirror for her new room (she grabbed Middlest's).

The plumber is coming for the water heater tomorrow. I am being successful in not thinking much about it.

I wish my MIL and I had as much in common. I used to never understand the "I hate my mother in law" problems people had b/c I positively couldn't have asked for a better one... then something somewhere along the lines changed and now we're not even remotely close to one another anymore. I don't hate her like some people do theirs, and I don't dislike her, and I wish we had more ties that bound us... it's just weird. Something changed and I can't really pin point it... Our relationship is really awkward now... It's really weird when you go from being friends with your mother in law to only an acquaintance. I wish you much fun and enjoyment with yours. Many of us aren't so lucky.

Comment

• Amen Jenn! 😉 as you all know I don't like my MIL...she takes no interest in anything I do...except to want to know my business or why her son left 10 mins later for work than he usually does. I have often wondered why she couldn't be like hubby's aunt...she made me feel so welcome when we got married & we had so much in common! We shared romance novels between us... Did all kinds of crafts...she loved plants...I absolutely adore that woman. She's way on up there in age now & can't do much but when I visit we laugh alot just like the old days. I miss those times. So enjoy the time with your MIL & know how lucky you are.
                        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Stress!

I am having stress.

I can feel it in my body, in my thoughts, in my eating.

I am doing the best I can. That's all I can do. I am not responsible for other people's emotions, as long as I am not being mean to them. Which I am not.

Breathe.

Comment

• Hugs, Sabine!

Comment

• Sorry. Hoping it eases soon.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Im with you in spirit Sabine! Stress is such an evil thing!! It robs us of our joy. Try & find something that will make you smile or laugh. I look at pictures on my phone of my precious little niece. That always makes me smile. And yes...deep breathing works too. I have the coolest app on my phone that I use when I'm feeling stress...it's called GPS4Soul. It's free & I love it! I also listen to soothing music. I have a really big music file on my phone! lol. But then I'm stressed a lot!! lol

Sending you big ol squishy hugs!!! I hope whatever it is goes away soon!
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X