No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sabine, it would be cheaper to get a stool they sell to fit next to your toilet that you put your feet on to achieve the same position.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• That toilet is cool but I bet it will be so expensive!!
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• http://www.squattypotty.com/
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ugh, sorry, a little too Primal for me.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I have to use a stool at my parent's house because they have the taller handicapped toilets and my feet don't touch the ground.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Siobhan,

Which spiral cutter do you have?? I tried to find the post but couldn't locate it.

Thanks!

Comment

• Here it is:

Amazon.com: Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable: Kitchen & Dining
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Do you like it? Do you disagree with the negative reviews?

Comment

• I love it. I totally disagree with the negative reviews. It's not a toy, you have to be careful. Clean it with a old toothbrush and you will have no problems. Yes, it's made of plastic. If it weren't, it would be 5 times the price. No, it isn't good for little veggies like baby carrots. It's for big stuff, zucchini, cucumbers, potatoes of all kinds, onions, big woody carrots for soup. It's a great tool, and no way can you cut a veg by hand into the shapes that it can create.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Ok. I was looking at this one and thought it was the one you had gotten but wasn't certain. I'm going to get it. Thanks!!

Comment

• I hope you like it. I think the bad reviews are often from people who don't really know their way around a kitchen. A slicer - any slicer - needs to be treated with respect and even though the operation is simple, it is important to go slowly at first and learn how to use it properly. I practiced on some veg that I knew were a bit over their best days - not my pristine organic just picked stuff. You can't just pick it up and slam it around any old way.

Just used it tonight, made a really nice cucumber salad. It really does make a difference having everything of uniform size. Just tastes better, more consistent.

Comment

• I have done some squatting using two kids' chairs in front of our toilet. Just one doesn't do it for me, 'cause I have wide hips, and my squat is of necessity wide-stanced. I'd like to get the Lilypad stool. It looks great, not just clunky. The squatting toilet will have to be a someday dream. I am sure it will be manufactured in small amounts and be very expensive. I should start saving now.

Again with the spiral slicer talk?!? You guys are killin' me!

Comment

• I have the squatty stool as a project I think I can make.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                              I am linking (I hope) to an article about a new squatting toilet design. I think it looks great. I'd definitely have one of these in my bathroom.

It looks cool. I'd never heard or thought of this. Do you feel that helps? It's got me curious now. My country family would laugh and say "here's a shovel, now go find tree to squat behind and save yourself some money." Hahaha :P

Em
                              "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                I really went to town yesterday.

Behold and marvel!

I started off very reasonably, with a breakfast of 2 1/2 slice of bacon (1/2 slice for the dogs!), 1 cup of creamed spinach, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of fried apples. Yum, yum!

But later in the morning, I started snacking on meatballs, custard, and blueberries. Lots of blueberries. More and more blueberries. Blueberries are divine! Blueberries for all! I finally managed to stop the blueberry extravaganza with a spoonful of peanut butter and a slice of quiche.

Then I got busy and forgot about eating. Or maybe my stomach came to its senses and said, 'Why yes, I am full. No need to keep shovelling more stuff in!' Though it tastes so good. Oh, those fresh blueberries!

In the evening I suddenly realized I was hungry and hadn't eaten in six hours. Had a double McDouble with 3/4 of the bun. And then a 2-scoop hot fudge sundae! I regret nothing!

But I am ready for my Down Day this morning.

Oh, and my weight went down this morning. Go figure. Bodies really are funny things.

Honey likes to call Down Days 'starvation days'. Mostly ironically, but since he is not fat-adapted, sometimes they ARE hard for him. But I am really looking forward to it. Yesterday was great, but now that I pay more attention to my body's signals, Down Days are great, too. I like giving everything a rest.
                                Ok so I've researching the up day and down day diet that y'all have been talking about. Got questions?

Did you at the being feel deprived on your down day and overly stuffed on your up day? And have you seen any results? I ask because my weight gain was pretty gradual and it seems likes it is gonna take both guns fully loaded to get it off and to a healthy weight. I think I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be at a healthier weight.

I look forward to that look from all my friends and family when they realize... I finally did it!

Em
                                "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

Working...
                                X