Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the above.

I am trying to breathe deeply and not be stressed. Be relaxed. It does no good to get all uptight. This too shall pass. No one is at their best all the time. It is what it is.

You know the drill.

Comment

• Deep breathing for sure. You are right - this too will pass
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Wife/Mom is the toughest job in the world. I feel your pain.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• A very wise woman once said to me "To be a mother is to know great joy and also to know great pain." I'm not a mother, but I am a daughter, and I think that truer words were never spoken.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• LCF? JUDDDD? Am I missing out on something?

Oh Sabine...I so feel your "pain" & understand! Just remember to stand your ground & don't let anyone take advantage. It's hard & I'm learning to do the same. If you need to vent come on over to my fire & we'll talk! lol.

Hugs!
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• LCHF=low carb high fat

JUDDD=J? Up day down down

ADF=alternate day fasting
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• LCF - lowcarbfriends...a web site.

JUDDD - Johnson Up Day Down Day...a fasting program

Hi, PC!
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Sabine sometimes no matter what you do, someone isn't going to be happy. And you know what that's just life. Don't get pulled in too many directions and lose focus on what's important. Stress is a terrible enemy on our diet. If you don't take care of you then you can't take care of. I think most women understand what you are going through. In my house I'm the mother, wife and sister that is suppose to have it all worked out for them and at times it's just not physical possible. Delegate and negotiate!! If it been to much for you delegate out the chore, negotiate who gets what when and tell them too bad other wise. You've done the best you could and that's all you can do!

Chin up!

Em
                  "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    As a biscuit cutter, yes, but I needed a ring for the cooking in the pan step. You do this funny semi-poaching technique.
                    Can you use a mason jar ring?!? Just a thought.

Em
                    "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Thanks for all your kind words, friends. The stress has passed. Getting ready for bed now, and just thought I'd check in to unwind a bit.

I don't think a mason ring would work, but I heard about using them to make mini-tarts! From Demuralist, I think.

I'm somewhat hungry this evening. Looking forward to some eggs and baccy tomorrow morning.

Comment

• happy to hear the crisis has passed! I so agree with Emofedom! Wiser words were never spoken.

Being the mother/wife/mentor/sister .................. whatever!!! sometimes means taking on the role of the RULE giver or the role placer or the deal with it damn it instiller. To make life better for everyone concerned you sometimes have to make everyone concerned a bit uncomfortable. It is what it is.............. embrace the role God gave you.

I wish someone had told me this 10 years ago as I was taking on the role of step mother to 2 very spoiled and head strong pre-teens. Had I layed down the law in the beginning things would have been much easier as they both matured and Head Butting would have never happened. ( I think ). Maybe I was up shit creek no matter............... but I like to think had I done things differently we would have all been happier.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hi pebbles!!! Haven't made it over to your journal yet to catch up with you but I will! Hope you are doing ok.

Thanks for the answers to the initials. The low carb one sounds good... But with my thyroid issues have to steer clear of fasting for now.

I agree with what the other girls have said. You can only do so much & sometimes it just has to be about you for a change! That's what I told hubby & his mother a few weeks ago! I'm focusing on me & my health for right now...I can't fix everyone else's problems...especially "hers".

Have a wonderful day!!
                          Hugs!
                          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• An Up Day Menu

I really went to town yesterday.

Behold and marvel!

I started off very reasonably, with a breakfast of 2 1/2 slice of bacon (1/2 slice for the dogs!), 1 cup of creamed spinach, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of fried apples. Yum, yum!

But later in the morning, I started snacking on meatballs, custard, and blueberries. Lots of blueberries. More and more blueberries. Blueberries are divine! Blueberries for all! I finally managed to stop the blueberry extravaganza with a spoonful of peanut butter and a slice of quiche.

Then I got busy and forgot about eating. Or maybe my stomach came to its senses and said, 'Why yes, I am full. No need to keep shovelling more stuff in!' Though it tastes so good. Oh, those fresh blueberries!

In the evening I suddenly realized I was hungry and hadn't eaten in six hours. Had a double McDouble with 3/4 of the bun. And then a 2-scoop hot fudge sundae! I regret nothing!

But I am ready for my Down Day this morning.

Oh, and my weight went down this morning. Go figure. Bodies really are funny things.

Honey likes to call Down Days 'starvation days'. Mostly ironically, but since he is not fat-adapted, sometimes they ARE hard for him. But I am really looking forward to it. Yesterday was great, but now that I pay more attention to my body's signals, Down Days are great, too. I like giving everything a rest.

Comment

• Squatting Toilet

I am linking (I hope) to an article about a new squatting toilet design. I think it looks great. I'd definitely have one of these in my bathroom.

Could this toilet make you healthier? Designer claims his loo prevents disease because it makes you squ | Mail Online

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                                Hi pebbles!!! Haven't made it over to your journal yet to catch up with you but I will! Hope you are doing ok.

Thanks for the answers to the initials. The low carb one sounds good... But with my thyroid issues have to steer clear of fasting for now.
                                Hugs!
                                I am not doing very low carb or ketogenic. I aim for an average of 75 g of carb a day, lower on fasting days, higher on non fasting. The Low Carb Friends site has forums for all the major lowish carb programs including paleolithic, atkins, protein power, ketogenic etc. It has a ton of info.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X