No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must wear them somewhere special to celebrate!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• ooo, red silk pants skimming over curves, DH must be lovin life!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• When you said you slipped on your pants, I thought you meant you slipped on them, as in slipped and fell. Glad they fit.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          When you said you slipped on your pants, I thought you meant you slipped on them, as in slipped and fell. Glad they fit.
          Lol... Glad I wasn't the only one that thought Sabine might have hurt herself!!

Way to go! Getting smaller sizes sure does make a girl feel good!

Em
          "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Whole lot of cooking going on!

Yesterday was a good Down Day. No hunger until the evening, and even then, quite managable. I ended up only having probiotic drinks and a green smoothie just before bed. Just no good time for the protein shake i thought I might have.

It's always strange when you go down after an Up Day. I had three Up Days in a row (not planned, just giving in to cravings on a Down Day) and my weight went down after the second and third. I know the vagaries of the scale. My weights may be completely unrelated, but still, it makes you wonder what the heck is going on. But I'll take it! Even not caring so such about the up and down motion, I like seeing the smaller numbers.

Of special note this morning, is that I was only one pound heavier than my Honey! Soon I'll be catching him up! Dare I say, zipping past him?! I know he is planning to go down a little more once I am at 170, but I don't think he is in the right mood for losing right now. Well, for working at it. He has been enjoying the 'cheating' that maintaining allows him. But who knows, he might change his mind. We all know how suddenly one day you can be sick of a situation and ACT.

I was tempted into visiting nomnompaleo yesterday, after Jenn mentioned the Egg McMuffin substitute. I am a sucker for Egg McMuffins and Crossan'wiches. They hit all my pleasures centers. Well, maybe not ALL of them, but all the food ones! Her recipe/technique looked good, and it has lit a desire within me to acquire a biscuit cutter and try it out. So, that's what I'll be having for a late breakfast today. We are dog-sitting for a friend, and I burrowed through her kitchen drawers last night, hoping she would have a biscuit cutter I could borrow, but no luck. Hers had a top. So, I'll see what I can find at the Dollar store before breaking out any big bucks at Target.

Other food plans for today- get that meatbball soup going! Make custard! Stew up a mess of greens!

Tonight is my monthly meet-up with friends, so I have to figure out what food i am bringing along for myself. Rotisserie chicken, perhaps? Creamed spinach? Mmm, for some reason I am thinking of Boston Market. But I can make the same stuff, only better. Fried apples. Oh, yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              Emily- Shashouka DOES hold well. I usually make a batch and eat it over the course of several days. Just add a little extra water if it thickens up too much on you.
              Looked it up. Made it. Devoured it. (Next time I think I will make them a little more running)
              Definitely a winner. Oh and by the way I love nomnompaleo. I got my husband to eat asian cauliflower fried "rice" one of her recipes. This is a big victory for me cause he insist that he HATES cauliflower! He actually wanted seconds! Lol.

Em
              "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• I could NOT find biscuit cutters. I did not want to go to a kitchen store, or pay that price. Pondering, pondering. Tuna cans are out because they are made so that the bottom is curved, and not removable- ah, ha! - olive cans. Cut the top and bottom off two of them, and made a smaller NomMcMuffin. Delicious! I added some cheddar cheese and a slice of bacon. No avocado this time, but I can see that would be good as well. I think my next experiment will be to see if they reheat well. If so, they would be a great make-ahead breakfast.

Comment

• Have you ever tried a glass cup as a biscuit cutter? I know when I used to make egg in the middle (toad in the hole, egg in a basket... etc) we always used to use cups.
                  SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                  Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                  Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                  Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                  Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                  Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• As a biscuit cutter, yes, but I needed a ring for the cooking in the pan step. You do this funny semi-poaching technique.

Comment

• oh! Sorry... uhh

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/images...Egg-RingsF.jpg
                      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Reporting a theft. There is someone on the LCF JUDDD board is using your hands avatar, but has a mysteriously different name.

FYI, I have switched to JUDDD from 5:2. Every other day is just easier for me.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Heehee. Yup, that's me. When I was setting up my identity, I chose a different name. I feel like I 'know' everyone here, but LCF was a whole new zone for me. But, of course, I was too lazy to take another picture.

I like every other day as a pattern, too. It seems more of a rhythm. I AM hoping that 5:2 or 4:3 will be a good maintenance technique, so that I can eat freely on weekends. Someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emofedom View Post
                            Looked it up. Made it. Devoured it. (Next time I think I will make them a little more running)
                            Definitely a winner. Oh and by the way I love nomnompaleo. I got my husband to eat asian cauliflower fried "rice" one of her recipes. This is a big victory for me cause he insist that he HATES cauliflower! He actually wanted seconds! Lol.

Em
                            "Adapt and Overcome"
                            That Asian Cauliflower recipe is inspired. I've made it several times and it also makes great leftovers.
                            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Good for you ladies. My 4:3 plan is very close to JUDDD, except that I need to be able to have fixed days that are my fasting days. But it is my intention to generally to have an up day before every down day, I think it just works better that way.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Family stress.

Everyone wants what they want when they want it. I'm trying to make it work and feeling very unappreciated this morning.

Grrr.

Comment

Working...
                                X