No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just plain knitting. I used to listen to the radio with my beloved cat Tom by my side and knit. When he died, I totally lost interest. The yarn is nice. Of course I have a bazillion scarves already, it doesn't help that I don't need any more.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• A rough day yesterday.

Today will be better.

Interestingly, it did NOT affect my eating. I only had the normal feelings of hunger, and dealt with them appropriately for a Down Day.

I started up a SCOBY brewing station. With luck, I'll have one within a month. Go, SCOBY, go!

Comment

• Thought of you: Amazon.com: Multifunction Vegetable Fruit Twister Cutter Slicer Utensil Processing Device: Kitchen & Dining

Edit: Disregard. I read the reviews. Sounds like a piece of junk.. save your $2.
        Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-17-2013, 09:24 AM.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Just because

I can't remember when I last posted actual numbers here, and I am feeling too lazy to go back through the pages and look.

Here's a recap of my weight since I began doing Alternate Day Fasting:

202.0 3/5/13
          195.5 3/19
          191.5 4/2
          190.0 4/16
          188.5 4/30
          184.5 5/14
          182.0 5/28
          179.0 6/11
          181.0 6/25
          175.5 7/11

And some goals:

166- I want to do my first 'practice' maintenance when I get to 166.
          154- First final goal. I will be officially 'normal weight'! I will hold here at least 3 months before thinking if I want to go lower.
          140/148- possible future goals if I decide 154 is not thin enough.

And some 'event' goals.

I want to weigh less than Honey.
          I want to fit into size 12 pants.
          I want to wear my blue dress(fit perfectly on my 25th birthday) again.

AND....a goal I already hit: I want to get below my original 'low weight' of 179!

And another: My half-way mark of 178.

And best of all a goal I didn't know I had, because I didn't think it was really possible: Find a way to get back on track easily after 'cheats'! DONE!
          Last edited by Sabine; 07-18-2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• At 175 I'm in a size 12 with a large frame... maybe you're already there and don't realize it?
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Nope, not yet. But I'll get there!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                Thought of you: Amazon.com: Multifunction Vegetable Fruit Twister Cutter Slicer Utensil Processing Device: Kitchen & Dining

Edit: Disregard. I read the reviews. Sounds like a piece of junk.. save your $2.
                The reviews are hilarious, though!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hey, congratulations on the numbers! It has been so much fun seeing you succeed and get a handle on eating. Size 12 will be there before you know it.

Comment

• Thanks, Siobhan. I'm enjoying my 16s right now, but not for too much longer.

Yesterday I worked on altering one of my new pairs of pants (I added a zipper on the side, and made them narrower). I'm going to feel pretty snazzy wearing them, as they are purple silk. I am usually more of a jeans and khaki kind of gal, but I feel that changing. It is easier to want to dress up a little more, when you think you look good in your clothes. Told Honey he better watch out, as I'll be strutting more in the future. he says he can't wait.

I was clearing my counter papers yesterday (see rumble strips conversation) and came across my shakshuka recipe. It has been months since I've had it! I think I'll buy the ingredients to have on hand today.

Comment

• Challenge

I don't have a physical challenge. I just want to keep on keeping on. I feel I am doing well right now, and on the right path. So six weeks from now, I just want to be further along the path I am on.

But I do have a challenge, and I will put it here.

By midnight, August 30th, 2013, I want my present book manuscript to be DONE. The story complete, and edited, ready to submit.

Game on.

Comment

• shakshuka recipe? what is it and share please..

that is a tight schedule for the book, good luck, I am rooting for you!
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This: And Here We Are...: Shakshukah: Edible Mediterranean Sunshine

I think this is a link for it. I'm not too good at links, so let's see if it works.

Ooh, it worked! But it is not the recipe Mark posted. A little different. let me see if I can find that one, too.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/shaks...#axzz2ZauNWxdF

Hey, I'm getting good at this!

I'm going to be making this today, to have ready for tomorrow. (Down Day today, and after a rather over the top Up Day yesterday, I am READY for it!)
                          Last edited by Sabine; 07-20-2013, 07:12 AM. Reason: self-evident!

Comment

• Sabine - if not too personal, can you share anything about your book?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh, yum. Just looked at the recipe!!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I've made that one, it's wonderful. I was initially intimidated by the long list of ingredients, but most of them are pantry items that I had on hand. And you can leave some things out, it will still be delicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X