No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post erased by last minute exertion of will. I CAN be a better person than my lowest moments call for me to be!

Comment

• I missed something. I hope everything is well.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Just stopping in to wave 'hi'. Hope all is well!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Aw Sabine, you can be as b!tchy as you want. We don't mind.
          Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-26-2013, 09:19 AM.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            Aw Sabine, you can be a b!tchy as you want. We don't mind.
            Actually, some of us (points to myself) encourage it

Comment

• This is the place to do it!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Super busy! Be back when I can.

Comment

• Quick notes

Bought a one and a half pound chunk of wild ahi tuna to make sushi and sashimi with tomorrow. Honey's eyes almost bugged out of his head when he saw it. What can I say? When you shop at Costco there is no such thing as moderation.

Aging hippie gardener gave me the eye the other day. It's the tank top.

I'm going to A-Kon 24 with Middlest and her friends this weekend. My Down Days will be sardines and beef jerky. My Up Day will be fine hotel dining.

Helped a friend today who is moving. Very tuckered, so I'm about to collapse on the sofa and watch 'The Other Guys'. The laundry and sushi rice are underway. Middlest is sewing on a physics project (kite), Honey is at the gym, the dogs are barking at the thunder, and Littlest is at church group. All is well.

Comment

• oh man, that sounds good, time for a Costco run!

I have finally reached the stage in my life where my friends tend to stay put, and the ones who do move hire people. Thank God!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have known this lady for 16 1/2 years! We met when Middlest and her son were 1 1/2, and really clicked. We've been through a lot together, and we'll go through a lot more together--just long distance. I am having a hard time believing she is really moving, even as we were shuffling boxes.

The first road trip is being planned for 2014!

Comment

• ah, I am a crier, would have been crying the whole time. Thank goodness for the internet! Great that you have already planned the trip!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Page Six!

That's where I found my journal. These weekends away are killer! And I have another one coming up this month.

I managed one out of two Down Days while I was away. Got back on track yesterday, and am back at my pre-weekend weight. (182) Feeling good.

Honey is almost at his first goal (170). He has hit it, and even gone below after his Down Days. Once he hits it after Up Days, he'll be there. He is considering pausing there for a while, both to practice maintenance, and to let me 'catch up'. It would probably be a long wait for me. I am a good 10-12 pounds behind him. But I think he might find his body composition shifting during maintenance, so I am all for it.

I bought a new pair of jeans at the thrift store. Size 16 instead of 18, and they fit nicely. There is a brand/style that suits my body shape(Gloria Vanderbilt/Amanda), and I just went looking for one in the next size down. Didn't try it on- just bought on faith. And it worked! These will be my summer jeans. I am hoping by the end of summer that I'll be cruising for a pair in size 14!

Also, they only cost $3.99. Yay for thrift stores! I also grabbed a dress for $1.29.

Yes, you read that right! $1.29! Teal microfiber, and it looks great on me.

It will look even better with my corset. ( I bought a corset this last weekend at the convention.) It is an overwear corset, meant to be seen. Black and royal blue. It will be the basis for my steampunk costume for next year and Halloween. But, I might sneak it into my regular wardrobe for fancy occasions. Like wearing my teal dress. Already scheming where I can wear it. It might be a bit much for Denny's on Father's Day. I modeled it for Honey and he was appreciative.

Taking the girls out for a sushi lunch today, to celebrate the last week of school.

Chica is still gone, and we haven't seen the little boy dogs, either, so I think the three of them have hit the road for Mexico.

Middlest has started applying for summer jobs. Eldest is coming for a visit on Saturday. This Friday we have our Bon Voyage party for the friend who is moving away. Littlest made brownies last night to bring to her friends today. She is the Brownie Queen around here. Very fussy about her recipe. I need to start buying cocoa in bulk, I think.

And that's it. Off to cruise a few journals, though I despair of catching up before I have to do some, you know, real life stuff!

Comment

• Catching up after a long time away is always dreadful. I hope you get adequate catching up done before you have to do real life stuff.

Hooray for Hubby's success with UDDD. I'm not sure I'm in the right place mentally for something like that. You're doing amazingly well with it, though. Kudos!

So sad that Chica seems to be gone gone. I'll miss that little dog.
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Book Larnin'

A couple of days ago, a book caught my eye at the library: The Overnight Diet, by Dr. Caroline Apovian.

I am very happy with how the combination of JUDDD and low-carb primal is going for me, but there was something on the cover that made me laugh out loud (Lose Up to 2 Pounds by Tomorrow!) so I picked it up for laughs. I regularly swing more than two pounds by 'being good', so it didn't seem like much of a claim to me.

The basic premise is one day per week where you drink vegetable/fruit/protein smoothies, then six days of moderate carb, high nutrition(vegetables/fruit/protein/a little starch). The exercise that goes with it is low-frequency, high-intensity aerobic strength.
                              You're supposed to lose great amounts through your smoothie day, then consolidate it with the rest of the week, then lose again.

So, probably not a bad plan, really.

But what interested me once I was reading, was the smoothie section.

Many years ago, Honey had a co-worker, who every day drank a vegetable and fruit smoothie for breakfast. Honey always feels like he doesn't eat enough vegetables, so he thought that would be a painless way of getting some, but our blender was not up to the task.

But now we have a Vita-Mix!

I was also wondering if the smoothies might fit into a Down Day calorie count. I usually prefer to chew my vegetables, rather than drink them, but the success of iced coffee on my Down Days has me questioning some of my assumptions. I ran the numbers, and the more vegetable-heavy smoothies, in half-portions, would fit.

I've been sampling them, seeing what they are like.

Yesterday was a Down Day, and although I had half-planned to do my salmon and mayo thing, the day got away from me. I had two iced cafe au laits in the morning and afternoon, then was away from the house at dinner time. (Well, made myself be away. First I soaked in the bath during the 'danger' time of late afternoon, then I went on a walk to the library.) In any case, I was feeling hungry, so I decided to go for the Green Machine smoothie. Yogurt, spinach, celery, apple, pineapple juice, carrot, cucumber.

This morning, I was down the most I have ever been down after a Down Day, 4 1/2 pounds.

It is likely coincidence, but it made me chuckle. Certainly worth doing again sometime.

This morning I had 3 pork sausage links, a du-clops egg, and greens. Plus a slug of Honey's green smoothie(it wouldn't all fit in his cup). I'm off to my monthly gathering of friends this evening, where the offering will be pizza, so I am bringing a dish to share- zucchini, eggplant, and ground beef strata. And I might make a Valentino Brownie cake(chocolate, butter, eggs).

I've been doing ADF for three months now, and am down a solid 20 pounds. (I guess I should post my numbers again. So tedious. I need to go back and see where I left off. Okay, when I've got some time. *snort*) I've 'fallen off the wagon' three times, but what I like is that getting 'back on' seems to be possible in a way that I haven't experienced before. Since the longest I have ever been 'on plan' is five months, finding a way to easily get back on track is VERY IMPORTANT. All you ever have to do is have just one day to plan, and you are back on. Very do-able!

Comment

• Your results are AMAZING. Congrats. [And, congrats to hubby!] Great job
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X