No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can respect that. I just want to say up front, I have a lousy memory, and if I start coming up with suggestions again, know that it is a memory thing and not an I am ignoring your preference thing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      I hate having to stretch the limitations of my slothful personality.
      Seriously??
      You are one of the LEAST slothful people I "know"
      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
      "Moderation sucks." Suse
      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Teehee. I'll keep that in mind, Demuralist(If I can! We'll see how MY memory holds up!)

I am super lazy*. It all sounds much more impressive written down. I have a little menomic I use sometimes(not all the time, see*) when I am wanting to break away from my lazy ways. SLOTH = Simple Laziness Obscures The Heart. If I let laziness keep me from doing the things that are important to me, I won't be being my best self.

Sometimes it even works!

Okay, last two days:

Up at 5:30

3:00 4oz salmon with 1 t mayo

6:30 4oz salmon with 1t mayo and 1C greens

Water:8 glasses
        Walking: no
        Pains: 23

Bed at 9:00

Up at 5:15

8:15 1 egg fried in butter, 1C greens, 1 slice SPAM!

11:00 2C iced coffee with splenda and 1/2C cream

1:45 2/3 appetizer dish(generous) of seafood fondue with spinach and mushrooms

6:00 2 bowls jambalaya- onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, bacon grease, bratwurst, shrimp
        1 1/2 primal chocolate cheesecake cups(yes, in spite of knowing I should avoid chocolate!)

8:45 1 slice swiss cheese

Water: 10 glasses
        Pains: 11

Bed at 9:30

I had a desire for SPAM. Don't ask me why. It was okay, but not as salty-good as I remembered. The dogs might get the rest of it, if Honey doesn't want to finish it off tomorrow.

My weight dipped down this morning, rather strange after an Up Day.

Chloe is off to the vet again this morning, for another dip, poor girl. Tonight I will be driving kids to awards banquets and possible sleepovers. Then... wait for it...tomorrow I am getting up at 4:30 AM and driving to Middlest's college for a registration/newbie event. 3 1/2 hours there, 3 1/2 hours back. In one day. Then taking her to babysitting at the church. How she can have the energy to even contemplate babysitting after a full day, I have no clue.

Sunday, needless to say, I will be lying on the sofa. All day. Watching tv and eating bonbons. (Okay, maybe not the bonbons.)

Littlest has her first AP test today!
        Last edited by Sabine; 05-17-2013, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• I have a 3 hour drive to my kids' college and usually do it in one day. It gets easier every time I do it. The kid will sleep in the car if she needs it!

I also feel like I am generally a lazy person. Most of my day now is spent sitting, which is not a good thing. But when I list what I have done in a day it does often seem like a lot. And I get all proud of myself. Then I think about my BFF (our families spend a week at the beach over Christmas break together) and she is rail thin and constantly moving, and I know that I am merely a wanna be mover and shaker!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I JUST MADE AN UTTER FOOL OF MYSELF!

AARRGHHHH!

I shall now go console myself by watching movies.

Comment

• Bummer. I hate when I do that.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• rats. sorry
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Thanks for the sympathies. I'm over it. I mean, what can you do?

However, I'm going to watch some more tv, now that I've done my errands.

Comment

• Weekend accomplished!

Many, many hours of driving on Saturday, beginning at 5:00 in the morning. Middlest is very pleased with the course schedule she set up, and she met some of her fellow classmates. A good trip. The negatives(because there are always negatives, aren't there?): traffic on the way home, and unsatisfying food for my Up Day. The second will make my sashimi today all the sweeter!

Also, we stopped in West to gas up and buy pastries to support the economy. Many, many pastries. I put some in the freezer, and we gave some away. I did NOT eat any! But I smelled them. They smelled fantastic!

Honey this morning told me that I am looking good. I'm feeling good, too.

Quick recap, for documentary purposes:

Friday:
                    Sleep: yes
                    Food: yes
                    Water: 9 glasses
                    'Pains: 17

Saturday:
                    Sleep: not enough!
                    Food: yes, but boring
                    Walking:no, driving
                    Pains: 22- most in the car

Sunday:
                    Sleep: catching up!
                    Food: yes
                    Walking: 60"
                    Pains: 11

Please notice the WALKING yesterday! I made an effort to do it...and did. (Weird how that works.)

Told Honey the story of my foolishness. he got a good chuckle out of it, and promptly turned around and told Middlest. Soon, I will be legendary.

Updates: Neighbor came and got Chica on Friday afternoon. She hasn't come back yet.

Middlest is trying 5:2. Her first day was a bumpy start, as she found herself snacking without being aware of it. She's philosophical, though. Wednesday is another day.

Comment

• 5:2 (or any version of IF) is always hard in the beginning. You should have her peek in on the 5:2 forum...The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum | 'The Fast Diet' international support group It is a very supportive international group, and even if she doesn't sign up (obviously totally unnecessary) there are lots of people going through lots of situations and lots of others that have very helpful suggestions. They do also have a really nice Progress Tracker, if she does sign up, that shows a graph and tells you your current BMI (not super useful to me, but interesting) and your current TDEE based on your last weight input.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Thanks, I'll tell her about it. But maybe not until after she has read the books, so she knows what the 'official' line is.

Comment

• oh, they have very good forums threads for the official line. But yes there are quite a few individual interpretations.

5:2 also has an official website that is pretty informative. I think 5:2 would be a great way to prevent the freshman 15, while feeling totally "normal".
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Sorry for the foolery. I hate making a fool of myself. I feel embarrassed by it for DAYS afterwards!!
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Balance

How DO people surf the web and still get things done? I find if I get on, the rest of my day can quickly go to pot. But if I do everything else, I miss keeping up with posting, seeing what others are doing, etc. I STILL haven't had the time to watch Pebbles' videos. But I DID clean out my pantry yesterday, write, drive teenagers hither and yon, and do the dishes.

This was Monday:

8:30 2 eggs scrambled in butter with cheddar
                              1/4C tunafish salad

12:45 sashimi, rice, seaweed salad
                              1 beef rib, 1 small piece chicken teriyaki
                              grapes, melon, dark chocolate

4:30 mozzarella and salami rolls, banana, dark chocolate

5:45 lambchop, roasted root vegetables

Water: 10 glasses
                              Walking: 30"
                              Pains: 20

Bed at 9:30

The lunch was sort of a fail. The sushi chefs were not filling up the plates of my favorites, so I didn't get as much as I wanted of raw fish, which led to me filling out with beef rib, chicken teriyaki, and then fruit. Which led to dark chocolate as soon as I got home. Oh, well. Live and learn. The lesson from this, I suppose, is to stand in front of the empty salmon plate and moan like a zombie until something positive happens. I'll try that next time.

And this was Tuesday:

3:00 smoked trout and spinach

5:30 jello+

7:00 cafe au lait

Water: 8 glasses
                              Walking: 20"
                              Pains: 15

Bed at 10:00

I was very bloated from all that fruit and chocolate. Didn't feel like eating until the afternoon. Ended up with a 300K day instead of 420K. Other than the bulging tummy and gas, I felt pretty good, though. I was even planning to go for a nice long walk, until Mother Nature interfered with an intense rain storm that lasted a good long while. We could barely see to drive home from school, it was so thick and dark. I slowed down to 15 miles per hour, and Middlest didn't even complain!

Okay, need to get off, and you know, do life things. Ciao!

Comment

• Please do not let my videos be a source of stress. They will be up in my journal for a long time.

I am currently wasting time on here at work because I am so overwhelmed that I can't focus on what I need to do. ARGH!
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X