No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It went very very well and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for asking. I will be posting pictures that my dad/husband took at some point.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Alright, getting on this right away. Here was yesterday(I'm sure it helps that it was a nice, short Down Day):

Up at 5:30

12:30 beef jerky

3:30 4oz salmon with homemade mayo

Water: 11 glasses
      Walking: 110"
      Pains: 9

Bed at 10:00

Notice the incredible amount of walking! The nature preserve was wonderful. A rabbit hopped out in front of me and we communed for a minute. Well, it may have been terror in her eyes, but I was communing. Many beautiful wildflowers. Part of the trail had just been redone, so I had to keep my wits about me. Also spent sometime on the concrete path, where no wits were required, for maximum enjoyment of the vistas.

Honey and I were talking about how difficult many people find the concept of going without food for A WHOLE DAY. Granted, my mind has changed a lot about this over the past year, but was I really that incredulous? I know I would have gotten hungry, especially before I was fat-adapted, but people are talking about getting dizzy if they skip a few hours. Humans are tougher than that! Or should be. Anyhow, it makes me glad I am not telling my general acquaintance what I am doing. I don't need the flack. Although i don't seem to have as many aggressive about someone else's food choices people in my life as are out there in the general population. I am ASTOUNDED at what some people have had said to them.

My challenges today are baking cookies for a school party that Middlest may end up not going to after all. But I get to balance that with a sashimi lunch. I'd rather have fish over flour.

Comment

• I love trail walking! But I love trail running even more.

Comment

• You're walk sounds wonderful! I'm so anxious to start some short weekend hikes!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Grump

More pains after two very low days. I am narrowing my culprits, and giving up any of them is not an appealing prospect. But...needs must when the devil drives.

Up at 5:30

7:00 chicken thigh with cabbage and mushrooms, coconut oil

12:00 sashimi!, 3/4C rice, seaweed salad

6:45 3 coconut chicken tenders, 2T bbq sauce
            thai cucumber salad
            coconut-choclate-almond 'cookie'
            small glass milk
            primal cheesecake 'cup'

9:00 spoon of peanut butter, 1 slice swiss cheese

Water: 9 glasses
            Walking: no
            Pains: 18

Bed at 10:30- read too late

Plans for today: salmon and greens, walking, plenty of water, and rest. The A/C man is coming this morning. I will try to do all my chores while he is here so that I can loll about afterwards.

And now for something completely different.

This is in response to Jenn's doctor's comment, but I didn't feel I should clutter up her journal with it.

Condoms, when used correctly, have a 98% success rate. Birth control pills, when used correctly, have a 97-99% success rate. Condoms also protect against disease.

It really PISSES me off when a DOCTOR makes fun of an effective method of disease and pregnancy prevention!

How about taking some time to educate people on using it properly?!?

How about considering the side-effects of a bunch of hormones shooting through your body for years!?!(Which, in this case, is why the patient was there in the first place, not because of a pregnancy!)

How about cost and ease of use for the population most at risk for unwanted pregnancy where cost and ease of use may make the difference between life and death on several different levels!?!

Aaarrrghhh!!!

Rant over.

Comment

• Good Rant! I agree.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I agree. When she mentioned that I might need to use hormonal birth control for a few months to fix the problem, my initial instict was to tell her I'd just deal with the pain. It's only 2 days a month and as long as it's that and not fibroids or a cancer of some sort, I'm good with it.

I am not interested in hormonal birth control anymore and Brad and I are very responsible with the use of condoms.

Comment

• What have you linked your pains to? Just curious.

Comment

• Nuts, too much sugar, chocolate, and coconut oil. In different ways. I think some things(nuts, too much sugar- but I have had them in combination both times, so it is hard to know) might irritate my gut, and then other things which might be fine of my gut weren't irritated, just push it over the edge.

Of course, I could be completely mistaken! (Please, please, let me be mistaken!) I need to do a serious elimination/ re-introduction protocol, but let's face it, we all know I have difficulties being serious over the long-term.

Sigh.

I hate having to stretch the limitations of my slothful personality.

All the times I have fallen into the BAD THINGS, it has been unplanned, so not a good controlled environment to figure things out in.

Comment

• Has your Dr. thought about endometriosis? I vividly remember the pains that went with it.
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• ^ my thoughts too. Has there been a thorough exam done? I've heard it doesn't show up on ultra sound.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I guess that is possible. No other symptoms related to endo, though. Also, since it is getting (slowly) better, I think it is digestively related.

Comment

• OK, ALERT for the squeemish, don't read it....

diverticulitis?

Have you had a sigmoid or, better, a colonoscopy?

Is there a change in your BM's? I assume no blood right?
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sabine are your pains in the stomach or lower abdomen?

Diverticulitis usually manifests as lower abdominal pain.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks for your concerns and suggestions, All, but I really don't want to get into it on the journal beyond complaining. Thanks, though!

Comment

Working...
                                X