No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have fun at Sausage fest. Sounds delicious!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Well, hey there!

I've been trying not to get on first thing in the morning, so that I can get other things done first, when I am at my most peppy. But sometimes that means I don't get on at all. The girls pretty much have control of the computer once they get home, so if I swing from my morning tasks into errands, there goes my internet opportunity. I need to figure out a do-able schedule, because my journal here, and seeing what others are up to is important to me. The interaction has really helped me, and besides, a lot of you folk are just plain interesting. I want to know what's going on.

I've stayed mostly primal, but I had a pains spike, which I think I can relate to TOO MUCH SUGAR. I had some starchy things, and then several helpings of a fruit dessert.

Good news: Now that I have a couple of spikes to look at, it is helping me to figure out the pattern of what is causing them. Now, if I can only LEARN and avoid the behavior. The spike is not as severe this time, and seems to be diminishing rapidly after my Fat-Fast Down Day yesterday. My system seems to be appreciating the rest. I must not have torn myself up too badly, just stirred things up a little.

Honey started his new job yesterday. Yay! We'll have a slight break in income due to the shift in pay schedules, but luckily we have enough saved to cover it.

Germanfest was okay, but not as German as I was expecting. (The wursts were pitiful. And there was NO cheese! I bought strudel for the family, which looked amazing, but I had none for myself. I was not going to risk the grains. Plus, Littlest said it was very sweet, which would have been a double-whammy for me.) I think that is what made me cook up the rote grutze. I felt like I need a shot of some authentic German stuff. And of course, I LOVE rote grutze, and I ended up eating too much because it was just so tasty.

Okay, must dash. I've got to walk the dogs, eat breakfast, write, do dishes, and get it all in done in less than 3 hours so that I can go to the dollar theater.
      Last edited by Sabine; 04-30-2013, 07:21 AM. Reason: capitalization

Comment

• I've been meaning to ask...what do you write?
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Hey. Who is going to read my journal at 7am other than you
          So glad about hubs new job.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• See? That's why I NEED to be getting on early! Pebbles is counting on me! Priorities, Sabine, priorities!

I write Georgian Historical Romance. (Do NOT call them bodice-rippers, although I did have a fun plot twist involving an actual bodice ripping once.) I enjoy writing, but am timid about submitting my work. In other words: I'm a big scaredy-cat.

I DID get all my stuff, including the writing, done before I zipped off to the movies. Saw 'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone' and got some good laughs. All for a dollar, what could be better? And we had a great dinner for Middlest's birthday. There will be fruit tart and pumpkin 'pie' later, for those of us who can manage it. Slightly depressing bra-buying incident this afternoon. My goodness, the flab on my body. Dressing-room mirrors are merciless. Ended up getting the same old bras, which aren't great, but get the job done. And some matching panties, so I can feel girly.

Comment

• Yeah for feeling girly though.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ooh, I love romance novels..as long as they end happily. Wish I could write (well, I do end up writing "novels"...just the kind no one would willing want to read). I'd love to write romance. How cool!!!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I am definitely a Happily-Ever-After gal, although they go through a lot of tribulations to get there.

Comment

• But you don't submit any of them?!?!?
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^+1

I Wanna read your stuff!!! My fave genre and time period.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I know, I know...it's a challenge for me. I will get there eventually. My one submission experience was too rough for my psyche, I guess, although by industry terms, it was encouraging. What can I say, I am a wimp in this.

Okay, here's something I am comfortable with submitting:

Up at 5:45

10:00 pork chop, 2 eggs in butter, pumpkin 'pie'

5:30 sushi, sashimi, seaweed- massive quantities! So delicious.

Water: 10 glasses
                        Walking: 45"
                        Pains: 12

Bed at 10:00

Doing another Fat-Fast Down Day today. The last one was very easy. The high-fat really suppresses my appetite, both physical and mental.

Listen to an interesting talk on Saturday, and part of it has been sticking with me. She was talking about how our brain processes our different experiences throughout the day. If we succeed at something, and make a fuss about it, it reinforces to our brains, that this was a good thing. Then, while we are sleeping, the brain 're-lives' all those successes, making us want to do them again, to get the same experience. So, for writing(which was the example, since it was at out writing group) every time you write, you should make a little fuss about it, get yourself excited, so that your brain wants to repeat the process.

I am giving it a try, but I am also wondering how it can relate to other things. I wonder if the talking about good Down Days with my Honey is subliminally reinforcing my desire to do them.

Okay, off to have some fun. It is my birthday, and I am doing all kinds of fun stuff.

Comment

• you are doing a down day on your birthday? I thought the author let you off the hook for your own birthday!

Have a happy one.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Happy birthday!!! [And yeah, a DD on your birthday?]
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Sabine! I hope you end the day feeling totally loved, pampered and filled with bliss!
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Happy birthday!! I hope it's a great day for you!!
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X