X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep telling you that you are my DH's dream wife
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I guess it is good to be somebody's dream wife.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I can't leave you guys alone for a minute!

A nice Up Day yesterday. But I was feeling a little full at the end of it. And, I fell asleep on the sofa again, missing the end of 'Catwoman'! Granted, it was past my bedtime.

Up at 5:30

8:30 creamed spinach with
        poached egg
        Canadian bacon
        Hollandaise sauce

1:30 sashimi
        1/2C rice
        seaweed salad
        5 chocolate covered macadamia nuts

6:30 small steak with 1t A-1 sauce
        sweet potato with butter, sour cream, green onions
        sauteed mushrooms
        chocolate ice cream

Water: 10 glasses
        Walking: 50"
        Pains: 19

Fell asleep at 9:30
        Bed at 11:00

The craft fair got cancelled. Only 3 people signed up. We're trying again in June. It will give me more time to make bags. Right now I am finishing a pretty one that was a wreath of crocheted roses appliqued on it.

Plans for today: many chores, and maybe go see 'The Host'. I enjoyed the book and am interested to see how they translated it to the screen. Honey is going biking.

Oh! I calculated my BMI, and I am no longer obese, only over-weight. According to the government, which I don't know if I should take as an authority, but since it is no longer calling me obese, I WILL!

I am finding the loose jeans more annoying than encouraging. Maybe I should switch to leggings and tunics for the duration. It would be simpler. Oh, and tank tops, of course, can't forget the tank tops!

And...back to the topic at hand...I am lucky to be Honey's ideal wife, since I think no one else would put up with me. This in spite of the fact that he told me early in our dating history that he usually prefers brunettes(I am blond). However, my hair has darkened with age, so now all his fantasies are satisfied.

Comment

• Funny to me that men would care what color hair a woman has. Early in our history DH asked me how long I planned to be a red head. (I was a hairdresser at the time so it was a fair question as my hair - before I met him - had literally been every "natural" shade under the sun, we didn't do the psychedelic colors at the time). I never figured out if he wanted me to keep it or to change it. I am still a red-head.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Busy weekend

I ate on my Down Day.

665 calories worth of bratwurst, sauerkraut, chocolate macadamias(who ever introduced me to these...oh, I know...Winencandy!), liverwurst, and peanut butter. Thanks to my height, that is still technically a Down Day amount of calories, though not a stellar one.

Water: 10 glasses
            Walking: 20"
            Pains: 19

Today I am going to try for my more normal 420 limit. I found wild salmon fillets at Aldi, portioned at 4oz each for 100K and 20g protein. Seems like a great Down Day meal.

And, I ate on my Up Day. Splendidly.

Up at 5:30(in spite of it being Sunday!)

7:45 salmon patty with hollandaise
            sliver of quiche
            coleslaw

11:30 bratwurst
            rotkohl
            cocoa almonds

1:00- 5:30 10 large green olives
            almonds and pistachios
            2 dates

1 1/2C herbed rice made by friend with unknown vegetarian ingredient
            2 slices vegetable quiche made by me with lots of cream and cheese
            cream cheese, gelatin, strawberry, and sweetener concoction for dessert

7:00 dark chocolate
            slice of liverwurst

Water: 9 glasses
            Walking: 30"
            Pains: 17

Bed at 9:00

Honey has received an offer from one of his interviews! He dropped off all the paperwork today, and should start in two weeks. Y'all know how happy I am about this. It is contract-to-hire, so hopefully, by the end of the year, he will have a permanent position!

Comment

• Yeah, congrats! doing a happy dance for y'all!
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• That is great news!
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Just saw a great line on someone's post:

When one door closes, another opens...or you can open the closed door, that's how doors work.

I love it. Any doors around me that should be opened?

Comment

• love it
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• So glad to hear the good news! Congrats!
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• well considering the good news on hubby's job --- i'd say grab him by the hand - open the bedroom door - and close it behind you!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• congrats!!!!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Hurray!
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Slight delay of game

I had a flat tire this morning, discovered as I was taking Middlest and Friend to school. That's dealt with, but it is now 10:00 and I am not deep into my morning routine. I did get a 40" walk out of it, but the laundry, dishes, sweeping, etc, are all still waiting on me.

Luckily, they are good waiters.

Yesterday:

Up at 5:30

12:15 4oz salmon
                              1t mayo

6:15 medium spinach salad with
                              1 bacon, 1 hard egg, vinegar

Water: 9 glasses
                              Walking: 70"
                              Pains: 17

Bed at 9:00 (well, fell asleep on the sofa at some point before then )

It is going to get hot today, so I'm airing out the house while I can. There will be NO turning on of the air conditioner when it is expected to get cold again in two days!

Honey is NOT impressed that his weight is staying steady, but I think his waist is looking smaller. I hope he gets a good dip downward next, to keep him smiling.

Okay, off to the chores!

Comment

• A new challenge

Our washer has sprung a leak somewhere in its bottom.

Luckily, we have a new-used washer, given us by a friend for when ours gave out.

Unluckily, I cannot turn off the cold water.

And I just broke off part of the handle.

Guess this is waiting for Honey. I hope he can do it. It would be the pits to have to call a plumber for that.

So...laundry is off the list for today.

Comment

Working...
                                X