No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report him. That's creepy and deceptive. Even if the mods don't do anything, they need to know he is here.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Oh, I'm sure they know. He's a constant presence. I know a thread is going to pot (as far as I am concerned) when he starts posting. The weirdness, and semi-trolling, and humor, well, everyone gets to be who they want to be on the internet, I suppose. I certainly have my flaws. But WHY choose an icon picture which shows SMOKING on a forum dedicated to healthy living?

Blech.

Comment

• Thank goodness it isn't me! I LIKE you.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Heehee. Not unless you're hiding something behind your back in that picture, Honeybuns. I like you, too. It has been a nice thing to discover about the internet, how it can introduce you to so many cool people. (Well, and some weirdos, too!)

Comment

• Hey, I resemble that remark!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Nope, sorry, Paula, you are so not a weirdo. Weirdly wonderful yes, Weirdo? Nope.
              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Yes, we are definitely part of the Pebbles Fan Club!

Hmmm, Pebbles and Honeybuns. Sounds like a great primal cereal.

Comment

• Thanks Ladies, I wasn't fishing for compliments lol. My Father used to say that all the time. It was like he took over and made me post.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Aaughhh!

I'm fasting today.

Here is what I had to smell, as my Honey went to town in the kitchen:

Breakfast- fried bacon and sausage, topped with eggs over easy, liverwurst, and sauteed mushrooms.

Lunch- steak chunks grilled with mushrooms, red peppers, and some sun-dried tomatoes sauteed in bacon grease with plenty of garlic.

Dinner- tangy Japanese chicken slaw.

Have mercy! Looking forward to eating tomorrow!

Comment

• You have way more willpower than I do! I would have fallen headfirst into the steak and mushrooms.
                      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I almost snatched that liverwurst right off his plate! I have never had warmed liverwurst before: it smelled divine!

Comment

• I was hungry on and off yesterday. Smelling that great food made it a little harder, but I managed not to throw myself outside any of it. Instead, I expended my energies on a project, and sewed a bag with pockets for my personal-DVD player and all its accessories. Looks pretty snazzy!

Here's how yesterday went:

Up at 5:00(good sleep except for strange dreams at the end)

Water: 10 glasses
                          Walking: 60"
                          Pains: a few, but definitely better

Bed at 10:00

If I can cancel the doctor's appointment without penalty, I'm going to do so, because they pains were of lesser intensity and fewer in quantity over the weekend. My body is healing itself, or all it needed was the threat of a doctor's visit to step in line. Who knows? If I have to pay anyhow(less than 24 hours notice), I'll go in and see what they say, but say 'no' to any expensive tests. Unless I am struck by a crippling pain.

I guess I am just a worry wart.

My period started today(Surprise! A week early.) which makes the abdominal pains issue even muddier. Grrr. Bodies. They sure keep you guessing.

Went to bed last night planning what to eat this morning (sausages with mushrooms and eggs). Woke up feeling completely normal and unhungry, but I will jump on that hunger as soon as it rears its head. Remember me complaining once (well, maybe more than once) that one of the problems with not getting hungry as often, is that it is hard to have all the great types of meals you want? Well, count it double for if you are only going to be eating every other day! Tomorrow will be my fourth fasting day. (Kind of interested to hear what the doctor will think of how I 'rested' my system.)

Lunch today is while meeting my friends for our Money Goals Support Group Meeting at IKEA. So I will be bringing cream cheese, capers, dill, and chopped red onion and buying two packs of their lox. Yum! Honey asked me if I would be having any of their meatballs. I wouldn't mind eating horsemeat, but those puppies have breadcrumbs in them, and their gravy- no, no, no. Sad, because I love them. My Dad used to make Klopps(meatballs) in a cream gravy, so they push happy childhood memory buttons. Add mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam, and I would be in tasting heaven. But not body heaven, after a few hours.

Just got caught up on Pedidoc's journal last night, and concerned to hear the results of her tests. How do things happen so quickly? Well, that we know about. They're always happening, unseen, and only appear to come out of nowhere. Made me think even more strongly about continuing the alternate day eating, for possible body repair effects. A new kind of superstition or totem, I guess. If I just do THIS, I can avoid THAT. But what else is there to do? Throw yourself completely to the fates? No, thank you. The illusion of control is better.

I guess I am not in a Zen mood this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            There is a person on the forum who irks me. Mostly for his opinions, but also because he is always changing his icon picture. Drives me bananas, because I always have to take a double-look to see whom I am dealing with. I also find it kind of creepy that someone who says they are a man, uses pictures of young females as his icon. Okay, maybe it is a 'thing', and I just don't understand it, but I still find it hinky. Well, this morning this person has as his icon a female smoking a cigarette. SMOKING!!! Are you f*****g kidding me?!?

Ugh.
                            On you can totally say that word.

Can I ask what Middlest's good news was? Accepted to college of choice? Scored an amazing scholarship? What happened??

I hope your pains continue to diminish. I wonder if it was at all related to TOM?
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                              On[ly] you can totally say that word.

Can I ask what Middlest's good news was? Accepted to college of choice? Scored an amazing scholarship? What happened??

I hope your pains continue to diminish. I wonder if it was at all related to TOM?
                              Thanks, Jenn. I guess that's the benefit of being a goody-two-shoes most of the time.

I don't like to put anything that can be too identifying for the kids and spouse, since they are not choosing what I write. But it is VERY GOOD.

It better not be a new peri-menopause symptom. I don't want to put up with this every month!

Comment

• Sigh

Here was yesterday:

Up at 7:00

8:10 1 chicken sausage
                                4 mushrooms fried in bacon grease
                                Triclops
                                1/2 avocado

12:00 2oz farmers cheese
                                3.5oz lox
                                2 squares dark chocolate(5g)

4:30 3.5oz lox with
                                cream cheese, capers, dill, red onion

7:00 pork chop with
                                red pepper pesto
                                1C nomac and cheese(cauliflower+)
                                2 squares dark chocolate

Water: 10 glasses
                                Walking: 60"
                                Pain: very little until evening, then a new sharper twinge

Bed at 11:00

I forgot my special cream cheese mixture at home when I left for my meeting, so bought some cheese and dark chocolate to go with my IKEA lox. Still felt restrained. Had my Wonder Mix at home for a late afternoon snack. Not super hungry at the time, but I already had dinner planned for late, and didn't want to go THAT long between meals.

Made the Red Pepper Pesto from Mark's sauce book. Pretty tasty on pork.

I'm seeing a chiropractor for a consultation today. I thought I might get a different kind of view on what these pains were. I cancelled my doctor's appointment yesterday, since I was feeling so much better, but this is a no-cancel without penalty, I think, and since the appointment is very early in the morning, I can't really check ahead of time. PLUS, I got a new twinge last night. So...all things combined, I'm going. I think a chiropractor would tend to view fasting as a viable form of treatment, but perhaps that is just my stereotypes kicking in. Blather, blather, blather.

Honey received the bad news that his contract will be ending in April. More stress. But what can you do? He's going to start looking for a job. I'm doing a craft fair in April, and I will hope for a nice chunk of sales. And we will just try to save every penny we can until then. But shoot, things were starting to feel normal again.

Maybe my angel came last week to let me know that we will make it through this just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X