Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm, Thankful Thursday.
    I am thankful that my honey told me I have keto-breath yesterday. One, it means I am burning fat. Two, I can take preventative breath mint measures.
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM. Reason: accidental journal standard violation!

Comment

• lol Sabine! That was funny! and just because we may have our own caveman doesn't mean we can't appreciate other speciman's of manlieness!!

Well I'm guessing I must be the weird one because I absolutely loved Wheat Belly! Couldn't put it down! I found it so interesting & just confirmed for me that wheat is sooooo bad for us. Now I will never eat bread/pasta etc...again! He also mentions other grains as well & I do wish he would've expounded more about them. But I think the book makes a great case for at least being gluten free.
      Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM.
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• And it is not always manliness. A couple of months ago there was a lady there with the most perfect rear I have EVER seen. Every time she ran by me I was gawping. I wonder if I could have a rear like that, given enough effort.

I did an aside to my honey, 'did you notice that lady has a great ass?'. 'Oh, yeah,' he said, 'EVERYONE did.' We still talk about her.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          so funny how much energy I used to spend to make sure I didn't get hungry! Planning and carrying stuff with me, etc. But hunger then was physically more intense, now it is a growl in the stomach, then it made me nauseous and dizzy. It helps to allow hunger if you know it will grrr and then go away if you are not ready as opposed to ruining your day.
          so true! Make sure to have a snack for the road, feeling all shaky and dizzy when getting hungry...I used to get quite aggressive when I was hungry . I still have a box of mixed nuts in my car (old habits ), but I'm not scared of being hungry anymore. It's indeed just a feeling in my stomach now.

@Sabine, I'm looking forward to going to the gym, I'll be taking a first lesson of CrossFit (not too far from home) next Thursday! Was especially looking forward because DH would be joining me, but he has to go on a business trip to Swiss . Oh well, I think I'm taking the kiddo's .
          My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
          My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
          Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
          Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Yes I love to admire the female forms at my gym and decide what parts I want. Sometimes, however, I can be very critical of them. Last night this new woman was flirting with my friend and trainer Joe. I thought to myself, "Yeah she's pretty, but way too skinny." I think her behavior annoyed me and the fact that I had her by 100 lbs. Joe probably thought she looked just fine.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I used to look through Victoria's Secret magazines to pick out new boobs and thighs, etc, that I wanted to buy. lol DH and I check out butts together all the time. It's a fun little game we play.

Hunger still bothers me... I hope I can get past it soon.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• well I'm glad I'm not the only one that checks out women with nice figures!! I love the Victoria Secret's catalog & look at the girls almost as much as the clothes! lol Not that I'll probably ever look like that but its something to shoot for!! What's sad is I used to look alot like that when I got married. *sigh* Why oh why did I ever let myself get this big!!?? But I guess that's the million dollar question isn't it?

Comment

• I actually cannot think of a time when I thought "I wish I had her ___ (insert body part)". My comparisons always tend to be more along the lines of "Good Lord, I hope I am not that big".

When I wonder 'why I ever let myself get this big' I try to really figure it out, so I won't do it again!

I do also wonder, often, where the heck my daughter got her figure, genetically. I weighed just 5 pounds more than her when I was in high school, same height. Now granted she is much more athletic than I ever was. I had a smaller waist than she does, but she is much more evenly proportioned, with longer legs. Both sides of our family tend toward short legs and long torsos (relatively, not freakily so).
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My husband's family has longer torsos and shortish legs. My kids usually have to wear a shirt 1 size up to keep their tummies covered. I do too, but I've got a lot of tummy to cover. They don't. lol
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      I actually cannot think of a time when I thought "I wish I had her ___ (insert body part)".
                      I can! ... but I think we're talking about the same thing in different ways. Had to have my guy moment I'm surrounded by women on these boards!
                      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• hey girls!! we have our very own cave guy!!! woo hoo!!!!

Comment

• Heehee.
                          Reminds me of the classic LaLecheLeague joke.
                          To a mother who is nursing her child past the age 'society' thinks she should: Aren't you afraid he'll still be interested in the breast when he's grown-up?
                          Mother: Oh, I'm sure he will be, but I don't think it will be mine.

Comment

• Not fasting yet

Well, in spite of fasting rearing its head everywhere I have looked these past days, I did not accidentally fast. I was getting hungry about lunch time, and discovered I had no interest in telling my hunger to go away. Instead I sat down to a nice lunch.

Didn't stop thinking about fasting, though. In particular, about the mental desire for food.

I have used food as a crutch for much of my life. For emotional reasons, and, as I have learned, to deal with my blood sugar swings. Of course my body was telling me to eat: it was the only thing it knew that saved me from bottoming out. But now it knows better.

I think people who are still dependent on being sugar-burners literally have no idea what stable blood sugar feels like. When they say, 'Oh, I could never give up X,' it is not from lack of will power, or desire, or open thinking. They literally have no concept that it can be done. Like going without nitrogen/oxygen/cohorts to breathe. We are freaks of nature to them.

Back to emotional eating. So many reasons. Boredom, anxiety, anger, joy, fear. Those reasons are still around, and habit can make you reach for the food even when you are not hungry if you aren't paying attention.

And then there's the loveliness of food.

Eating once or twice a day severely limits the amount of loveliness you are letting into your life. I bought some chocolate bars last week. They are STILL sitting untouched. Each time I eat, I know I won't be eating again for a while, and that there's a limit to the amount I'll be eating. When I am full, I'm FULL. There's no more of this, 'oh, just a little more' the way there was when I was eating crap. Strange, but there's always room for more crap, even when your stomach is hurting, but real food fills you up. So, I have to decide: this over that. The chocolate keeps losing out. I eat my protein, fat, and veggies, and I'm full. I have no desire for 'a little something before my next meal'. When I get hungry, I want a MEAL.

Can you get homesick for food? The frequency of eating six times a day?

I think of all the great real food I want to make, and it is irksome to know I can only sample them once or twice a day. Primal granola has been playing through my head for a while, but the thought of having to choose between it and my meat and eggs makes me sad. And the batches are big! I'd have it around for a couple of weeks, having to choose to leave something delicious alone over and over. (And please, don't tell me, just have a little. We all know I can't have 'a little' of something. I like a nice hunk of steak, or a big bowl of granola. At this point in my evolution 'a little' is foreign as giving up processed carbs is to the horde.)

All this is a major mental stumbling block to fasting. When I got hungry yesterday, I thought about continuing on, and not eating.

Then I thought about giving up eating.

And I sat down to lunch.

Yesterday:
                            Up at 5:30
                            Vitamins

12:30 2C beef and mushroom stroganoff
                            2/3C thai cucuumber salad

6:30 carne asada
                            red pepper and
                            yellow onion sauteed in
                            coconut oil
                            colby-jack cheese
                            salsa

Bed at 10:30 (delivering children to Hunger Games)
                            Last edited by Sabine; 03-23-2012, 04:13 AM. Reason: see next post

Comment

• In the middle of the last post i hit some BAD key and 'poof!' away went the post.

Angst.

I started over, then saw a magical button appear in the lower-left-hand corner: restore auto-saved post.

It worked! How awesome! I love the neat things this site has!

I immediately posted, unfinished, then went back and editted. Just in case.

Comment

• teeheehee

I have definitely had that thought about more than a few men's body parts!

Although I am past the horrible consequences that I used to get when hungry, and I very rarely eat in emotion any more, I still like food and yes only eating twice a day limits what I get to eat. If I was to IF it would be dinner as it is the hardest for me to make, but having a family requires that I go ahead and do it anyway, so I eat it.
                                Last edited by demuralist; 03-23-2012, 04:43 AM. Reason: add stuff
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Working...
                                X