Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Id love to see a recipe for bacon nachos please
    Yes pretty please, just sounds so yummy!

And yes, youngest son is feeling better in the morning now. Kids had rice with dinner yesterday evening and this morning he felt good .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• The bacon nachos idea was from Winencandy's journal- she had a link to a picture. No recipe: they are just as you would imagine. Crispy pieces of bacon, topped with pico and cheese, melt the cheese, top with guacamole, sour cream, and olives. They were delicious!

Strangely, our neighbor came to pick Chica up last night. He had been on a trip to visit family for the last five weeks, apparently. I guess at least he knew she was being taken care of. Is it bad of me that I hope she comes scampering back over here soon? She just had her heat cycle; I hope she is all the way through, and she won't 'catch pregnant'!

Ayla, wow, my journal is getting to be quite a chunk. I'm amazed you made it through. I would read some of the fasting posts and threads to decide what is best for you. I settled on 2-4 because it seems as if that would be the best for autophagy, which is my primary concern.

Siobhan, I remember after giving someone a copy of 'Fathead' to view, how sad I was, that they took the 'calories in, calories out' message from it. But it was a friend, so I couldn't deliver the stunning smackdown that Lustig did. It would be worth getting the archive from NPR, just to hear that part. It is in the last three minutes of the show. Free at the NPR website link to the DRShow.

Comment

• A regular day

Yesterday:

Up at 7:00
        Weight: 203.0

12:00 lox
        meatballs with gravy
        1/2C mashed potatoes
        lingonberry preserves(can anyone guess where I had lunch?)

5:30 bacon nachos!
        chocolate ganache

8:00 2 slices cheddar

Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 10:30

A nice and easy day, but I need to get to the grocery to get some normal food in. It seems after clearing through the holiday leftovers, there is not much here. I really had to scrape to make the girls' lunches this morning.

Comment

• The Diane Reahm show site is down right now... I will be listening in, that's for sure.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Oops!

Okay, here's the problem with high fat and protein meals: they are compact. It takes no time at all to stuff a salmon patty with hollandaise and one zucchini sauteed in butter into your piehole(I use that term with the deepest affection- you know how I feel about pie. Any place you put it is a sacred spot.). Not enough time at all for your brain to realize you have eaten, unless you are eating like a civilized person, putting the fork down between bites, pausing to gaze around at your surroundings, chewing. Which I obviously wasn't doing today.

To battle this pattern, I'm going to get some pork rinds, and have them with something delicious and fatty fifteen minutes before meals. Sort of an early warning system.

And some cream, to whip with my non-primal but deeply beloved, fat-free, sugar-free pudding mix, to have for afters when I forget about the pork rinds.

Because falling face down on a plate of fried potatoes with ketchup is really not acceptable.

Comment

• I do need to read more about fasting. My aim would be weight loss though.
              I can't believe your neighbours come back for her, I reckon you need to kidnap her :P
              I hope she doesn't get pregnant, if her heat just finished, should be OK I think. Must google.
              Ill have to check out another journal LOL. I have read so many the last few weeks.

Comment

• I hope Chica comes back to you and they forget about her. What a bunch of crap that they'd leave her with you for so long and then expect her back like that. Especially without offering to reimburse you for all you have done for her. What horrible pet owners. Can't you turn them into the ASPCA or something?

Comment

• Waaa they took Chica away.

Great work on the fast and the food plan.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    1 coco-choc with nuts
                    What is this??

Originally posted by Coll View Post
                    Chocolate can be scarey with dogs - hopefully yours are ok. (It is especially bad in small dogs)
                    The darker the chocolate, the worse it can be.

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    What am I making for dinner?

BACON NACHOS!
                    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sounds like your fast went well. I like your "project" goals. I always have ideas, but then never do anything with them.
                    I hope Chica comes back to you!
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Quick update

We got Chica back, after three days. The longest they have kept her. She seems happy to be back.

I have been taking a break from the internet, but everything is going normally.

My 'finishing project' project is continuing apace. Last night I finished a rug I have had on the loom for a few months. Of course, now I want to start a new one! This might be a good way to get rid of some of those clothes I am sick of. Still enjoying my newly minimal wardrobe, as described on Winencandy's journal.

Coco-chocs with nuts are Winencandy's stard chocolate hearts recipe, but with chopped nuts added. Yum!

Yesterday Middlest asked for 'more protein'. We had a hearty beef stew with turnips and rutabagas for dinner.

That's it for now. Trying to break my habit of getting on, and then STAYING on for hours!

Comment

• YAY for Chica coming back.
                        Anyway you can ask the neighbours if you can just keep her?

I too have the problem of spending too much time online. Trying to cut down too.

Comment

• It is snowing!

And it is the nice kind: sticking to the roof and lawn, but not the streets. You can drive without worrying, and just enjoy how pretty everything looks with a coat of frosting.

I'm eating out of the freezer this week, to make it to payday with no surprises. On the menu for tonight: lamb meatballs in pesto. My grocery store has a great 'sale meat' section, where they put items that must be sold that day at 50% off. Now that our cash flow is better, I have been grabbing some things from there to toss in the freezer for 'laters'. So nice to be able to just poke around in my own freezer to see what looks good.

I finished the hollandaise sauce. Very tasty, and good to use cold, also. I just cut it in slices and rolled it inside slices of meat. Next trial: bearnaise. I need to get some tarragon and shallot. Luckily, I have some white wine. A rare occurrence for us, as we are just not heavy (or even light) drinkers. My sister-in-law bought it while she was here at Thanksgiving. We forgot to drink it then, and missed our celebratory opportunities at Christmas and New Year's, so I'm going to break it our for recipes.

Hmmm, maybe I should look ahead in the book to see what else uses wine. Otherwise it will just sit in the fridge doing whatever wine does after it has been opened. Besides taking up space. A bottle of wine takes up space that could be more usefully filled by a dozen eggs, you know.

Almost fell asleep in the bath last night. I think I have been staying up a little too late. Time to get strict with myself.

Comment

• Hi, Sabine! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Glad to see Chica is back. I second the notion of just asking them if you can keep her - or pay a nominal "used dog" fee for her. It seems silly for them to "own" her when you are caring for her most of the time.

I'm excited to hear about your adventures in sauce creation. I'm seriously considering getting that book. It'll change the hum-drum steak into something magical, I'm sure. I still have that Amazon gift card from my bosses I could use.

Comment

• Any interesting products that are needed to make some of those sauces that you haven't found easily yet? I'm going to purchase the book (it's listed for $16.45 now) which leaves $9 on my gift card to use. I thought about seeing if any special ingredients I might need could be ordered from Amazon.

Comment

• Any interesting products that are needed to make some of those sauces that you haven't found easily yet? I'm going to purchase the book (it's listed for $16.45 now) which leaves $9 on my gift card to use. I thought about seeing if any special ingredients I might need could be ordered from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X