No announcement yet.

Show, then aid - Sabine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I saw your first post about maple-glazed walnuts, my first thought was, "Don't let me near them!" I would have to give them away or something. I have NO willpower.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I can control myself around walnuts. Pecans, on the other hand, are my kryptonite.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Pecans and macadamias are rather hard to keep to a normal portion size for me, walnuts are not an issue for me
        Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
        Primal low: 186 lbs
        Current weight: 221.4 lbs
        Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I can't get within 15 feet of any kind of nut without exercising strict portion control. I'm hopeless.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Not eactly back on track

The walnuts are gone.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

However, I did eat some normal meals yesterday, along with, ahem...various treats. Here's how it was, to the best of my knowledge(It got a little crazy after the gym. Please note that I DID go to the gym, though. This even though my Honey said he was willing to be talked out of it. I MADE us go!):

Up at 6:30
            Weight: 211.0!

10:30 2C broccoli-cheddar soup
            ham

3:30 beef stri-fry with
            carrot, celery, ginger, cabbage, chard, onion

4:00 maple-glazed walnuts
            more maple-glazed walnuts
            oh, my goodness, these walnuts are the devil!

7:00 1C broccoli-cheddar soup
            7 cookies!
            8 crackers with cheese or caponata
            pistachios
            1/2 of a Butterfinger!
            the last of the maple-glazed walnuts

Walking: 60"
            Water: 14 glasses

Bed at 11:30

I know why. Today will be better. Making some greens to have with breakfast as I type.

Comment

• These walnuts are a special recipe that my sister-in-law makes for Christmas. They are AMAZING! Thank goodness I can only get them once a year. I would fight the dogs for them, so no dice there.

Comment

• I had 15 of those knock off Girl Scouts Caramel Delights yesterday... Dollar General has a store brand called Clover Valley or something like that. They make a version of those GS cookies and they are AMAZING. They leave my tummy very unhappy, but they are so delicious that I ate an ENTIRE PACKAGE of them between 5 and 10:30 last night. So, I feel you on the cookies and glazed walnuts.

I noticed you told us your weight. I think this is the first time ever... or at the very least, first time I have noticed it. Is that up or down from your last weigh in?
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I usually put my weight just below the wake-up time, unless I forget to weigh that morning. That 211 is definitely UP from my holiday eating. But one day of eating some real meals(even with crazy snacking) and plenty of water, and it is already starting to come down(209.5 this morning). I think my 'normal' weight right now is about 205. That's where I had gotten back down to after a post-unemployment period high of 214.5. So, I started on the unemployment gains, only to be hit by some Christmas gains. But...they were a lot more fun to put on, and I don't think it will be a struggle to drop them. Before the unemployment thing, I was at 185. So, I gained almost 30 pounds. Whew!
                  Last edited by Sabine; 12-27-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Really??? I guess I've skipped right over that section. I browse through your food stuff but have never noticed the weight part. I guess your food log is just so interesting the rest pales in comparison!

So, we're both aiming for the same weight then. I want to get back to 184 so I can get back on the losing wagon instead of the catching-back-up wagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                      I guess your food log is just so interesting the rest pales in comparison!
                      Heeheehee!

Yes, I think we are both about the same height, too(5'8"). 140 is my fantasy weight, but my present goal is 154. I would be ecstatic if I ever make it there. I've got twenty years on you, though, so when you make it to 140, you will be so far ahead of me, in achieving good health at a young age, so you have even more years to enjoy it.

Let's do it! 184, here we come!

Comment

• I'm 5'4" - 5'5" (depending on who measure me), so a little bit shorter than you.

Comment

• More book notes

Just finished the chapter where a day in the life of both Grok, and Korg are described. Made me think about MY typical day, what is primal, what is not:

Sabine wakes up before the sun rises-, but without the use of an alarm+. She feels rested+, and it is easy to wake up+. She often shares some fun time with her Honey+, and gets out of bed in a good mood for the day+. There is a quiet hour+ before she has to start waking her children, so she sips water and tea+, and does her computer things-.

Then there is the morning bustle of getting kids to school-. She usually gets to chat with Middlest on the way+. Littlest is NOT a morning person, so their interactions are minimal-. She no longer eats a breakfast, instead waiting until she feels hungry+. She has also stopped insisting that the kids eat breakfast+, though she does make sure they have two kinds of protein in their lunch bags, one for lunch, and one for a morning snack if they want it++.

Most days she walks to the library, post office, or store+, but she does not get at least an hour every day-. She has gotten lazy about walking the dogs while her Honey was unemployed--. Bad for her AND the dogs.

She enjoys plenty of meat and vegetables++, and has added butter and coconut oil into her diet++, and DROPPED margarine+. She no longer eats grains as a regular thing+, but she still indulges sometimes-, and has a HARD time getting back on track when she does-.

She doesn't do any heavy lifting-, or sprinting-, but she's not stressed about it+. She used to take a sunbath every day+, but she completely forgot about it-. She means to start again+.

She doesn't take any medications+, and when she has symptoms of various ailments, she is able to fix herself with good food, rest, and/or plenty of liquids+. She worries about cancer, and heart ailments sometimes-, but feels empowered, knowing that eating right has made any symptoms(real or imagined) vanish within days+.

Modern cares stress her out sometimes, and she usually deals with them by eating- or reading+, but over all, she does not feel her life is stressful. She does not have to deal with traffic+ or unpleasant people+ on a regular basis, and she has plenty of friends she enjoys+. Her family life is secure+, and she and her Honey and kids like to play games together, which she considers great for teenagers+!

In the evening she relaxes with books+, crafts+, or movies-. She still hasn't gotten filters on her computer or lights-, although she thinks about it now and then. She goes to bed at about the same time every night+, except when she has socializing opportunities++.

Hmmm, not too shabby.
                          Last edited by Sabine; 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• There's a freebie filter program for the computer, f. lux. It's pretty idiot proof.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• You know what they say: There's always a better idiot coming down the pipe!

Yes, I need to just DO IT.

Comment

• I like the Murphy's Law version: "Make it idiot proof and Mother Nature will make a better idiot."
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X