- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
    - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, 7
    - no snacking yes
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes
    - exposure to morning temp & sun no, raining
    - darkening the house at sunset mostly
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) yes
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO forgot fCLO, too

Morning
    D (5000IU) - forgot
    B complex - yes
    HCl (600mg/meal) - out
    CO - 3T
    Dig Enz - Digest Gold & 1tsp Swedish bitters before bkfst & dinner (no bitters)
    Feverfew, Curcumin - yes, no
    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
    DHEA - holding off ...
    Organs, broth, ferments: thyrogold;

Midday
    15m sun - overcast, but did do 55F rain!
    Selenium (200mg) - yes
    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 2gm
    ACV -
    Green tea -
    Salt and/or potassium - forgot
    Seaweed - off till doing well on full GAPS (polysaccharides)
    Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & , NAC 1200mg
    Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
    Mg (400mg) - 800mg
    Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) -
    Cold - 10m @ 55F air in 50F river

B - ~2.5 fat pork chops

D - couple ounces sausage & pork chop. Skipped meal @ Longhorn b/c it took way took long to get food, so just gave mine to dd b/c a) no longer hungry and b) didn't want to risk losing sleep tonight from eating too late

Results
    - energy 4-6/10 (very sluggish & sleepy most of the middle of the day); mood 4-6/10 (alternated cheery & put out a good bit).
    - bloating - 3mo morning, 4+mo night
    - skin = upper arms still bumpy; other skin still fabulous.
    - In bed 10:30, but followed recent pattern of sleeping, then waking a while later and unable to get to sleep again. Spinning mind & RLS, but no cramps or morning de-bloating. Slept solidly from 12-9:30. Sleepy most of the day.

************************************************** **************************************
    Today's CT was 10m (because I had to go somewhere) in 50F river in 55F weather while it was pouring down rain.

Amazing things
    - I didn't even consider not going because of the cold air. I think my subconscious realizes that I will be warm no matter the air temp now.
    - I WAS warm. It took about 5m this time, but then I could have stayed in forever. And the air when I got out didn't feel cold in the slightest. It was a downpour by this time and I just felt like freaking Superwoman.
    - I went to a banquet this weekend and saw the two ladies in front of me in the tea line had goosebumps on their arms. My arms were also bare and I wasn't cold at all. Went to a restaurant that night and others were complaining about the AC. I wasn't cold at all.
    - Kids & hubby went swimming in the lake yesterday and while the air was cooler than we ever swim in (75 or less), they were fine.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-14-2012, 05:24 PM.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• 137.75 (I was unsure, so I rounded up)
      BBT - got the batteries, lost the thermometer, lol
      200 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
      - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
      - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes
      - finished dinner by 7:30 7:45
      - no snacking yes
      - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime probably 3
      - exposure to morning temp & sun yes, 60
      - darkening the house at sunset yes
      - 100% primal diet yes
      - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
      D (5000IU) - 12,000IU to catch up
      B complex - yes
      HCl (600mg/meal) - out
      CO - 3T
      Dig Enz - Digest Gold & 1tsp Swedish bitters before bkfst & dinner
      Feverfew, Curcumin - yes, yes
      Probiotic (1NT) - yes
      DHEA - holding off ...
      Organs, broth, ferments: thyrogold; coco kevita

Midday
      15m sun - yes
      Selenium (200mg) - yes
      Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 3gm
      ACV -
      Green tea - 2C, some at 8pm (hope it doesn't keep me up .. never has before, but ...)
      Salt and/or potassium - forgot
      Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1200mg
      Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
      Mg (400mg) - 800mg
      Liver support -

Cold -

B - pork chop, steak, cinnamon, Ital ssg

D - ground beef w/ cinnamon, oregano, & cumin; Ital ssg. Not that hungry. Watched family eat a gooey delicious looking spaghetti pie, but didn't feel much longing. It smelled like heartburn! (rice spaghetti, btw, not wheat)

Results
      - energy 5-6/10; mood 6/10
      - bloating - 3mo morning, felt gut hit deflate and get an old, familiar good feeling briefly this morning. I thin kI finally made it past the 7-day-didn't-screw-up-on-the-weekend point!
      - skin = upper arms still bumpy; other skin even silkier than before, including elbows!
      - Slept 11-9:30 - 10.5HOURS!!

Comment

• 137.5 felt my hip bones getting more prominent while I slept and knew the bloating would be down in the morn
        201 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
        - finished dinner by 7:30 5:30
        - no snacking yes
        - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 5.5
        - exposure to morning temp & sun yes, 65?
        - darkening the house at sunset no
        - 100% primal diet yes
        - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, forgot fclo

Morning
        D (5000IU) - 14,000IU to catch up
        B complex - yes
        HCl (600mg/meal) - out
        CO - 3T
        Dig Enz - Digest Gold & 1tsp Swedish bitters before bkfst & dinner (forgot bitters)
        Probiotic (1NT) - yes
        DHEA - holding off ...
        Organs, broth, ferments: broth, liver, kevita, thyrogold; kevita

Midday
        15m sun - yes, an hour after 5
        Selenium (200mg) - yes
        Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 3gm
        ACV -
        Green tea - 4C?
        Salt and/or potassium - bit of each
        Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1800mg
        Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
        Mg (400mg) - 800mg
        Liver support -

Cold - quick cold shower

B - soup: broth, ital ssg, spices, CO; big ol' pork chop

D - Ital ssg, pork chop

Results
        - energy 6/10; mood 7/10. Had two big stupid things happen this morning and let them roll off. LOVE to have that feeling again! This is ME!!!
        - bloating - 3mo morning, and feeling so much better! Stomach still tender to touch (has been for over a week), still somewhat bloated, but energy & mood are high this morning!
        - skin = upper arms still bumpy; other skin even silkier than before, including elbows!
        - Went to bed at 10:30, once again fell asleep quickly but woke soon after and got more and more awake. Mind got spinnier, legs got more restless, some very small cramps started. I had a mental picture suddenly of toxins leaving my fat or gut and circulating around as the cause, and decided, instead of getting mad at the waking, to be glad to let them go. GOOD RIDDANCE! In the morning, after sleeping 12-8:30, less bloated and feeling GREAT!!!!
        Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• I felt GREAT today. I went out and worked in the yard and really enjoyed it. First time I could do that since one random day last summer. I pray this will last - I do think it will, as it's capping off a general pattern, and not just popping up randomly.

So, after 6 years of declining energy and thus, declining success in taking care of my home's interior & exterior, that energy has begun increasing in the last two months. I just recently made a detailed plan for taking care of a different portion of the house, 30m at a time, across the next few months. I just started implementing the yard part yesterday.

And ironically, today I got a letter from the Barney Fife HOA demanding I get rid of every last weed in my yard in the next 10 days or else.

LOL. I called the anonymous complainer a coward for not talking to me about it to my face, told them I had been ill for several years and was just recovering and had therefore just begun to take care of the problems, that weeding, mulching, etc., are ongoing as I regain my health & strength, and that "Impatient people who offer complaints instead of help will have to wait."

Comment

• I heard Neal Boortz say something amazing on the radio today. He's a seriously libertarian, but in the past, seriously conventional when it comes to health & lifestyle, talk show host. He was talking about his father's bout with Alzheimer's, and his own genetic tests showing he had the marker, and his personal determination to do whatever it would take to avoid it.

I was banging my head on the steering wheel, knowing he'd never get it, when lo! and behold! he said that he found a doctor in his vacation hometown (Naples, FL - Dr. perlmutter?) who was a top Alzheimer's prevention doc, and who put him on supplements and such. Then, last fall, the doc called him into the office, said that one school of thought calls Alzheimer's Type III Diabetes, said that Boortz was at high risk with his weight & diet, and that he needed to go straight to the bookstore and get a book called ... I was waiting for some Ornish or China Study book ...

WHEAT BELLY

Well, Praise God!! I was dancing by now.

Then Boortz goes on to say that the doc told him he had to go gluten-free, and that "Two slices of whole wheat toast have more sugar in them than a candy bar." WOOHOO what a glorious day for the truth! He said he's gotten lots of calls from listeners who say they've lost so much weight since dropping, but while he's lost weight, he said his biggest gains are

- mental sharpness unlike he's never had before
            - end to sporadic bouts of annoying depression he'd had in recent years
            - great overall health

WOOHOO!!

He continued to say that everyone needs to read Wheat Belly, b/c the wheat they're getting in the store is not what our pioneer forefathers were planting; it's been hybridized for all kinds of attributes and is physically completely different and does incredible physical damage.

It was amazing to hear this from someone who has millions of listeners at that hour. He said that he knew that some people would think he was wasting his time with the last 15 minutes, but that he knew that thousands of people would end up healthier because of what he said, and that, for him, was worth the time.

He also said he's re-tweeting stuff from Dr. Davis & Dr. Perlmutter, and also recommends Primal Body, Primal Mind (YES!!!) and the Paleo Solution (YES!!!).

Go, NEAL!!!! He is the only kind of figure that a lot of people, especially a lot of men like my father, would bother hearing that message from. Go, NEAL!!!

The wheat industry is going to go ballistic now. It's going to be the new HFCS. Expect "wheat surprise" commercials to try to go viral on YouTube soon!
            Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MamaGrok;831077]138, but feelin' great in the hips & mind
              202 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
              - finished dinner by 7:30 5:30
              - no snacking yes
              - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 5
              - exposure to morning temp & sun no
              - darkening the house at sunset? yes
              - 100% primal diet yes

Morning
              D (5000IU) - 6000IU
              B complex - yes
              HCl (600mg/meal) - out
              CO - 3T
              Probiotic (1NT) - yes
              DHEA - holding off ...

Midday
              15m sun - no
              Selenium (200mg) - yes
              Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 3gm + 2gm +
              ACV -
              Green tea -
              Salt and/or potassium - bit of each
              Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1200mg?
              Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
              Mg (400mg) - 200mg
              Liver support -

Cold - dying for the river, but didn't make it

B - soup: broth, ital ssg, spices, liver, CO; big ol' pork chop

D - Ital ssg, pork chop

Results
              - energy 5/10; mood 4-7/10. Had a strange hour or two of wanting to sit and getting a little grumpy this afternoon, then it passed. Thank goodness!
              - bloating - 3mo morning, and feeling so much better! Got bloated after dinner, though.
              - Went to be last night at 11:30, but lay awake till about 12. Slept about 8 1/4 hours, then fairly sleepy much of the day, lifting after the crud left late afternoon.
              - Felt several separate times like a cold was passing through. Voice was fabulous today, except for when the cold hit and I had some phlegm on my vocal cords.

Comment

• Just found this from last Monday:
                Moma Grok says today after decads of eating disorders, "
                I just wanted to come post that thanks to the leptin reset (I still don't know whether I ever was, or am now, leptin resistant, lol), it has been

200 days BINGE-FREE!!!!!!

Thank you, Dr. Kruse.

Also, I slept 9.5hrs the night before last, and 10.5 last night. Yay! Feeling very good today, energy & mood both lifted, bloating somewhat down, and 200 DAYS BINGE-FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Unlike Share

• Walsh Awesome mommagrok!! I have been following her journal on MDA for a while! She inspired me to go for the leptin reset. She rocks!!Monday at 9:02pm via mobile Unlike 6

• Heck I want to be 200 days binge free!! That is awesome!Monday at 9:41pm via mobile Like 1

• Hodgkinson not to take anything away from mommagrok..great job but CT works for those who aren't bingers (like me) who nibbled themselves to a state of fatness..i can forget about food for hours now and that has never happened before..start with the leptin reset and i am nibble free for several months now!Monday at 11:08pm Like 3

• Way to go, MamaGrok!! You're an awesome inspiration!Tuesday at 8:17am via mobile Like

So happy to be able to help others after I've been helped out of the pit.

Comment

• Hi there, yes we can take the convo to your journal!! Big breakfast yesterday went well, then I made it again today and I couldn't eat it. I got four fried eggs down and a couple pieces of meat, and I just couldn't stomach another bite for some reason. I woke up feeling hungry too, very strange. I had a good lunch, I used more fats that normal and it has helped I think. I didn't need a snack this afternoon, just waiting now to have dinner.

I did snack last night after dinner on lots of walnuts and berries/apple. But, I felt hungry, so I let myself have it.

Comment

• 139. ?
                    203 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                    - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, 7:30
                    - no snacking yes
                    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 3+
                    - exposure to morning temp & sun yes
                    - 100% primal diet yes

Morning
                    D (5000IU) - 10,000IU cuz I feel a cold swirlin' about
                    B complex - yes
                    HCl (600mg/meal) - out
                    CO - 3T
                    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
                    DHEA - 100mg; will skip tomorrow

Midday
                    15m sun - yes
                    Selenium (200mg) - yes
                    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 5gm (BT) + 2gm
                    ACV -
                    Green tea -
                    Salt and/or potassium - 1/4tsp "lite" salt, 1tsp Celtic sea salt
                    Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1200mg?
                    Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
                    Mg (400mg) - out
                    Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - could coconut water kevita have anything to do with the bloating?
                    Cold -

B - soup: broth, ital ssg, spices, liver, CO; big ol' pork chop

D - Ital ssg, ham steak

Results
                    - energy 6/10 (but legs still somewhat leaden); mood 6/10.
                    - bloating - 3.5mo and tender morning, quite bloated after dinner for a while
                    - lay awake 11-11:30, then slept from then till 8:30?
                    - Felt the cold on and off today. Took C b/c I can't take garlic (FODMAP), grr.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                      Hi there, yes we can take the convo to your journal!! Big breakfast yesterday went well, then I made it again today and I couldn't eat it. I got four fried eggs down and a couple pieces of meat, and I just couldn't stomach another bite for some reason.
                      I don't think that's unusual. Just keep trying each day and try to get 50g consistently and see what it does for the cravings. Once they're settled and no longer an issue, you can move the level down. If they get better but don't totally settle, you can move it up some. Listen to your body! Could be that part of not being able to finish today was last night's snack!

I'm hoping for a great day for you tomorrow!

Comment

• barely under 140, thank you Kevita?
                        BBT - 97.4, iirc.
                        204 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                        - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, 7:30
                        - no snacking yes
                        - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 3+
                        - 100% primal diet yes

Morning
                        D (5000IU) - 20,000IU cuz I feel a cold swirlin' about
                        B complex - yes
                        HCl (600mg/meal) - out
                        CO - 3T
                        Feverfew, Curcumin - yes,
                        Probiotic (1NT) - yes
                        DHEA - 0
                        Organs, broth, ferments: broth, liver, thyrogold; kevita sip mid-afternoon

Midday
                        15m sun - yes
                        Selenium (200mg) - yes
                        Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 4gm + 2gm
                        ACV -
                        Green tea -
                        Salt and/or potassium - 1/4tsp "lite" salt, 1tsp Celtic sea salt
                        Glutathione - out of milk thistle,
                        Zinc (for NAC) -
                        Mg (400mg) - out
                        Liver support -

Cold - pool that everyone else thought was cold in cold air; felt fine to me

B - soup: broth, ital ssg, spices, liver, CO

D - Ital ssg, leg of lamb

Results
                        - energy 5/10; mood 5/10.
                        - bloating - 3.5mo and tender morning, ? tonight. Was 5+mo pg looking last night
                        - slight sore throat in AM, phlegm in PM, more here-and-there cold
                        - slight spinny mind & RLS last night, but not bad. Slept well.
                        Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-19-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• 139something
                          BBT -
                          205 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                          - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, 6:20
                          - no snacking yes
                          - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 3.5?
                          - 100% primal diet yes
                          - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, forgot fCLO

Morning
                          D (5000IU) - 10,000IU
                          B complex - yes
                          HCl (600mg/meal) - out
                          CO - forgot
                          Probiotic (1NT) -
                          DHEA - 0
                          Organs, broth, ferments: forgot thyrogold; coco kefir

Midday
                          15m sun - yes
                          Selenium (200mg) -
                          Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 2gm
                          ACV -
                          Green tea -
                          Salt and/or potassium - MUST GET BACK TO THIS ,feeling woozy in morning
                          Glutathione - out of milk thistle,
                          Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
                          Mg (400mg) - out
                          Liver support -

Cold -

B - two pork chops

D - two pork chops, two sm strawberries

Results
                          - energy 4/10; mood 4/10.
                          - bloating - 3.5mo, pain & GI mid-afternoon, suddenly less bloated
                          - skin = upper arms still bumpy; other skin even silkier than before
                          - here and there phlegm and interestingly, the cough-on-breathing thing that used to happen to me after 7 days of a cold, and continue for two weeks, came after 2-3 days of this semi-cold, and I don't see it lasting long, either
                          - SLEEP OF SUCK. Couldn't get to sleep, then as I started to, aroudn midnight, dd started thrashing and kicking me, which she usually only does after wheat, but I can't think of how she could have possibly had any. Wait - I did see her chewing something at the park, but didn't know what ... could she have gotten cake ffrom one of the kids at a birthday party going on there? Anyway, after an hour or so of that, plus itchy tiny spots of poison ivy on my arms, I couldn't take it any more and left the bed. Finally went to bed around 5AM!!!! and then STILL couldn't' get to sleep!!! WHAT?!?! Tried to nap today, but only managed to sleep about an hour. So maybe a total of 4hrs sleep. Yikes. This is going to be a bear to overcome.

Comment

• 137. Miracle of miracles, I was less last night than I had been in the morning. Odd!
                            BBT - 98.1 - amazing! If it stays this way, we'll KNOW some miracle of thyroid is happening, b/c it used to be 96.0-97.0 in the morning
                            206 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                            - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 45m
                            - finished dinner by 7:30 8:30, oops, forgot the time!
                            - no snacking yes
                            - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime hopefully not, since late dinner
                            - darkening the house at sunset? a bit late
                            - 100% primal diet yes

Morning
                            D (5000IU) - 10,000IU
                            B complex - no - discovered it has CORN in it!!!!!!!
                            HCl (600mg/meal) - out, but stomach still tender. why?
                            CO - 3T
                            Dig Enz - Digest Gold & 1tsp Swedish bitters & SeaGest before bkfst & dinner (discovered Digest Extra has corn in it, too!!!);
                            Probiotic (1NT) - yes
                            DHEA - 0
                            Organs, broth, ferments: coco kefir, thyrogold; hm sauerkraut, some broth

Midday
                            15m sun - yes, much!
                            Selenium (200mg) - yes
                            ACV - 1T
                            Green tea - 2C
                            Salt and/or potassium - some in water, was very woozy before this
                            Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1800mg
                            Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
                            Mg (400mg) - out
                            Liver support -

Cold - 25m in 55?F river

B - 2 brats, 3T CO

D - carnitas (so yum), greens, sip OJ

Results
                            - energy 5-6/10; mood 5-6/10. All was improved after swimming, first in normal temp pool, then in river
                            - bloating - 2.5mo morning, 5+mo at night. Garlic in the carnitas?
                            - skin = upper arms still bumpy; other skin super soft
                            - slept 11ish-9ish, pretty soundly, except for brief bouts where I think would have been that spinny mind - restless legs - no sleep cycle were it not for the extreme deprivation state I was already in
                            Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-21-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• COLD rocked today. Felt so good in the pool, and actually enjoyed it, even though it was just me watching three little ones. The last few summers, I have just resented the pool b/c I couldn't swim, could only watched them, but I finally enjoyed it!!

Then went to the river and my 7, 5, & 2yo actually loved it. They wanted to go in longer and longer. I think it was a bit warmer today, maybe 55-60F? 7yo went all the way in and stayed there a while! I swam around fully immersed for 25m. No shivers. I only got shivers when I had to get out for 4m at one point while someone backed a boat down the ramp - I got shivers toward the end of the 4m. Then back in the river and not cold anymore! Felt much warmer after getting out of the river than after getting out of the pool. The wind had no cooling effect on me after the river.

DS said he felt "so cold I'm warm" - CT on him already? He's never had it trained out of him yet!

I submerged the back of my head, then the front o fmy head, too, for a very refreshing face dip. Had a great mood the rest of the day, and even though my vocal cords are covered in phlegm, I had the best voice I've had in ages! Even through the phlegm! Amazing - colds always give me a deep voice, and I'm still talking deep, but I still have total clarity and fluidity inthe transition and upper ranges, which has NEVER happened before.

And canoes went on sale, so we got one! Yay!

And new weight low!

Great day!

Comment

• No, problem, spambot! At least somebody^^^thing's checking out my Journal!

Comment

Working...
                                X