Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures!

Which one should I use for my before/after? I like the second one better, but it's cut off some.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

BBT - got the batteries, lost the thermometer, lol
      157 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
      - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
      - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 45m, had to contend with dh for stove space
      - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
      - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
      - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, 6?
      - no snacking yes
      - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, 4.5?
      - exposure to morning temp & sun yes, overcast
      - darkening the house at sunset yes
      - 100% primal diet yes
      - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) yes, pretty sure
      - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
      D (5000IU) - 8,000IU
      B complex - yes
      HCl (600mg/meal)- yes;
      CO - 3T (GI soon after bkfst?)
      Dig Enz - 1tsp swed bitters + Digest Gold before bkfst &
      Probiotic (1NT) - yes
      Organs, broth, ferments: liver, broth, forgot my pickle

Midday
      15m Sun - plenty of outside all afternoon
      Selenium (200mg) - 400mg
      Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 2 +
      ACV -1T
      Green tea - several cups
      Salt and/or potassium - 1/4+t "lite salt", 1+t CSS
      Seaweed - off till doing well on full GAPS (polysaccharides)
      Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & , NAC 1200mg
      Zinc (for NAC) - yes
      Mg (700mg) -
      Liver support -

No FODMAPs or nightshades? - yes
      Cold - lukewarm shower (couldn't stand the thought of a hot one, WEIRD for me!),

B - 7-8oz braunschweiger, 1C broth, 1/2 zuke, mixed carrots, 3T CO, duck confit

D - 2? C cultured coconut milk, 1-2oz raw cacao nibs. Full and didn't want dinner.

Results
      - energy 4-6/10 ... (felt higher energy afternoon, but wanted to sit)
      - bloating = 3mo morning, very low in the belly. Could it be that the potato/corn starch from Sunday made me constantly bloated for the first 5 days, and now is only leaving me bloated after meals? Big change from last night, and pretty bloated after bkfst this morning.
      - skin = almost back to upper arm smoothness; super smooth everywhere else
      - slept 12-8:30 with several interruptions, but fell right to sleep for all
      - pitting gone, pulse not pounding, so maybe the K helped this time? Still of thyrogold to see what the reintroduction,, with sufficient K, does. Dang, pitting on shin very slight tonight. Dang.
      - felt full after "dinner," but then hyper/shaky, then like high blood sugar (but ran out of strips), and have had weird head & gut the last hour. :P No more of that particular "dessert." ...now 11pm - nausea came after the weird head, and increasing. feel like hurling. not sick, ,though.
      Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-31-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• <139
        158 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
        - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 30m, was desperate to eat
        - finished dinner by 7:30? about 7:40
        - no snacking yes
        - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime probably 3.5
        - exposure to morning temp & sun yes, sun is now filtered through leaves, though
        - 100% primal diet yes
        - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) yes

Morning
        D (5000IU) - 8,000IU
        B complex - yes
        HCl (600mg/meal)- yes; yes
        CO - 3T
        Dig Enz - 1tsp swed bitters + Digest Gold before bkfst & dinner
        Probiotic (1NT) - yes
        Organs, broth, ferments: wee bit of broth, ferm pickle

Midday
        15m Sun - all morning and much of afternoon in filtered sun
        Selenium (200mg) - yes
        Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 3
        ACV -
        Green tea -
        Salt and/or potassium - ~1/4tsp lite salt & 1/2tsp CSS
        Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & , NAC 1200mg
        Zinc (for NAC) - yes, with dinner
        Mg (700mg) - 800mg w/ dinner
        Liver support - forgot

No FODMAPs or nightshades? - cayenne. Accidentally a bit of tomato & onion & avocado b/c I asked for ceviche and they brought me an ounce of fish covered with pico de gallo
        Cold - ~10m belly icing

B - braunschweiger, taco meat, bite bacon fat, pom KeVita for carbs, bite sausage, bit of chicken soup

D - ceviche, bits of fodmap/nightshade, lime, homemade taco meat, sausage

Results
        - energy 4-6/10 , actually felt pretty good just before sunset
        - bloating = 3mo morning,
        - slept 11-7:30, needed much more, but couldn't get back to sleep
        - pitting gone again in AM, pulse good last night in bed, but more like 80-90 this morning in bed. 96 while about.
        - WORE SIZE 6 ATHLETAs CORDS ToNIGHT EASY!!!!!
        Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-02-2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Going through some old posts from just under a year ago.

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
          Oh, I just remembered an image I had last night. Strange, I've been having lots of images pop into my head lately - just an image, no words - that solve problems I've been working on. Anyway, this one was a slingshot. I suddenly thought, my progress forward was inching - no, millimetering - along, and I've been pulled back so I can be shot forward.
          This is from about May 2011, one month before I found the LR, which I doubt I would have tried if I hadn't been so desperate and it hadn't been so clear that what I was trying wasn't working.

Absolutely came true.

I read this list on fruitlover's blog about "What health means to me."

1. Waking up each morning alert and energetic
          2. Having the energy and desire to exercise, every single day
          3. Not needing coffee to function
          4. Not needing a nap in the afternoon
          5. Never feeling depressed or anxious for no reason
          6. Having the ability to concentrate and focus for long periods of time
          7. No wild blood sugar swings
          8. Not having uncontrollable cravings for unhealthy foods
          9. Having stable, poised emotions
          10. Very rarely catching colds and never the flu
          11. Sleeping deeply and restfully and waking up with the sun

Change "exercise" to "move around a lot" (or something like that that includes necessary chores, enjoyable walks, and playing) and really emphasize "needing" wrt naps, and that's a perfect description of what I'm seeking. My gosh, a year into my primal journey and these things are still elusive. I've had peeks into them, windows of them, but so fleeting... I think/hope/pray HCl &/or B12 are a big part of the answer for me. I know taht just eating purely primal alone has not done it. I can't even point to what I was doing differently when I had those windows, b/c each time I tried to replicate the results by doing just that again, it never worked.

REading the list almost made me weep. I want this so badly it hurts. I'm not asking for superathlete health & energy & fitness. I'm asking for functional health. And I feel ridiculous focusing so hard on it, b/c afterall, I can walk without pain, and I can do my daily tasks if I push myself every single second and restrain my moodiness every single second and ignore my sugar cravings every single second. But oh my gosh, it's so exhausting, and I do *not* think this is normal. I think that if we all ate what we were meant to eat from birth, and never encountered any of the now-prevalent environmental poisons, that we'd all have this whole list. I'm just seeking that.
          never 1, 2
          occasionally 6
          mostly 3, 4, 9, 11
          almost always 5, 7, 8, 10

Definite progress

Four days binge-free! and I just made plans to have DaddyGrok take TweenGrok to her Scouts Banquet tomorrow so I won't have to face the dinner spread. I just don't need that in my life right this minute!
          Another example of progress. In the last five months, I have been to countless events and even vacations and either not eaten a thing or brought my own food. No indescretions, no binges. TBTG, I will go to my daughter's crossing ceremony this year!!

Today my kids put together a GReek festival for our home. We had a Greek dinner (DELICIOUS yogurt dish + lamb patstitio or some such), Olympics (including chair jumping - almost had a "Avoid Stupidity" moment there as I tripped over it b/c I didn't pull my skirt high enough (that I was too lazy to change out of)), foot races, wrestling (all in the front yard, I"m sure the neighbors either thought we were nuts or were jealous), a costume contest, and mint tea (from wild (weed) leaves growing in the yard).
          I could still slightly feel the pain from this Stupid Moment last month. It's gone now. Had it for 9 months and gone the tenth ... is it the CT?

Okay, back to journaling tomorrow. Leptin reset so far:

9 days binge-free, craving-free in fact. Then went on vacation and continued the principles, having a bite of something sweet once a day and not caring for more, but otherwise following all principles. Days 7-10 of vacation, was unable to have the 50gm protein breakfast and over the next few days, had whole desserts, ending on a fairly mild binge on the last day. Back on board the next day at home.

9 days binge-free since then. I'm feeling a little hungrier, in part b/c I'm also trying to reduce calories a bit. The last two days I've tracked, and been trying to eat a little less, and am still having between 1650 and 1800 calories ... and wanting more, for sure. If the calorie reduction comprimises my efforts to avoid sugar, I'll just have to back off. Had a serious dessert dream last night - first one in several weeks.

I thin kthis is one of the major breakthroughs for me. As I mentioned on another thread today, I've had three before:
          - Mar 2007 - switched from skim to whole milk in the morning. Ate fat intentionally for the first time in 15 years. Cravings from waking to lunch disappeared.
          - Jan 2008 - eliminated all traces of low-fat mindset, removed all grains, and tried to remove all sugar. Cravings went away, appearing only if I had a bite of something grainy or sweet.
          - Mar 2009 - detoxed off sugar on the Radiant Recovery plan, after four months working through their seven steps, the most significant of which, for me, were having 1/6 of my body weight for each of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and moving my indulgences to after a meal, never between. Binges became few and far between, and grains no longer appealed to me at all.

Now we have
          - June 2011 - began leptin reset protocol, namely 50gm protein for breakfast and no eating within 4hrs of bed. Cravings died dead. Even one bite of a sweet wouldn't stir them up.

I've tried a lot of things over the years, but I have a strong feeling that this is one of the BIG breakthroughs. If so, I may not need any more in the future. It may just be a matter of being aware when extremely tempting situations (like a big emotionally stressful time) come up and not placing myself in a bad situation (like sitting down with a full dessert or more within my reach) during those times. Maybe, just maybe, this is the key to staying off sweets & grains long enough to win the battle against my screwy gut bacteria - and end up with a normal physical relationship to sugar (rare poison) again.
          Yes, indeed. THE major breakthrough. The one that combined everything else I had learned - real food, high fat, plenty of protein and fat every meal, but especially breakfast, no sugar, no grains - and had the success of all of them and then some. WAY some. I am so, so grateful, to God and to Jack Kruse.

Comment

159 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
            - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 40?
            - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch ... well,, Co + 1oz Kevita
            - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, right at
            - no snacking yes
            - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, should be
            - exposure to morning temp & sun yes
            - 100% primal diet yes

Morning
            D (5000IU) - 8,000IU
            B complex - yes
            CO - forgot, will take it at "lunch"
            Probiotic (1NT) - yes
            Organs, broth, ferments: liver, KeVita; ferm pickle

Midday
            15m Sun - all morning and early afternoon filtered sun
            Selenium (200mg) - yes
            Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 3 + 1
            ACV -
            Green tea - 2C
            Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & dinner, NAC 1200mg
            Zinc (for NAC) - yes, 50mg
            Mg (700mg) - 800mg
            Liver support - two C liver support detox tea

No FODMAPs or nightshades? - possibly cayenne. beet
            Cold - ice packs 30m belly & inner thighs. good & cold, felt great.

B - 2oz raw liver, pastured sausages, duck confit, strawberry acai KeVita

"L" - 3T CO, 1oz Kevita

D - sausage, bite of roasted beet, ham steak

Results
            - energy 5+/10
            - bloating = <3mo morning,
            - slept 11-7:50, could have slept much more. still glad no naps
            - pitting almost nonexistent, pulse normal. May restart Thyrogold tomorrow, at one cap?
            - starving by 4:30, tea staved off till 6. starved.
            - getting a little over hyped (but still not fully energetic) in afternoons, but still off THyrogold
            - WORE SIZE 6 ATHLETAs CORDs yesterday!!!
            Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-02-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• 138.75!
              160 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
              - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 40?
              - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, 7
              - no snacking yes
              - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, should be 3.5
              - darkening the house at sunset yes, was outside
              - 100% primal diet yes

Morning
              D (5000IU) - 8,000IU
              B complex - yes
              CO - 3T
              Dig Enz - 1tsp swed bitters + Digest Gold before bkfst & yes
              Probiotic (1NT) - yes
              Organs, broth, ferments: liver, broth, pickle juice; ferm pickle, broth, unidentified chicken organ

Midday
              Selenium (200mg) - yes
              Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 3 (~GI) +
              ACV -1T
              Green tea - 2C
              Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & dinner, NAC 1800mg
              Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
              Mg (700mg) - 800mg
              Liver support - two C liver support detox tea

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - possibly cayenne.
              Cold -

B - 2oz raw liver, ssg, chicken soup, beet greens, mixed carrots, ferm pickle juice, CO, bacon fat. took a long time to eat it

D - sausage, coconut cream, chicken soup with CCC

Results
              - energy 5+/10
              - bloating = <3mo morning, great until the coconut cream, then got bloated
              - slept 11-8, could have slept much more.
              - pitting almost nonexistent, pulse normal.
              - ate sausage at 5:30, dinner still wasn't ready, got desperate and ate the only prepared food in my house not strictly on my 'no' list: coconut cream. And got bloated. :P
              -
              Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-03-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• I realized that I've had a lot of *mental* energy this week. Yay! Have still mostly sat on my rear, but have had the mental fortitude to school all the kids, deal with fights, plan things, order curricula, just tons of work that I've been putting off for months. So yay for that!

Driving today, I had a random phrase flash through my mind: The Rousing of Theoden. (I've been having trouble with pictures, so don't know if this will show.)
                [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xLJqb3BN2F...ingTheoden.jpg[/img]
                [img]http://thecimmerian.com/wp-content/u...-be-shaken.jpg[/img]

Wormtongue = SAD
                impotent Theoden = me pre-LR/CT
                thundering stud Theoden = me back to what I used to be and what I was made to be.

Also had an AHA! that the way I've so long been (put off things till the last moment then CRAM it in FTW!) was just crashing my adrenals. Especially for the last few years, I've been an adrenaline junkie for everything, from parenting to housekeeping. Instead of the keep-on-top-of-things way I like to be (requires energy up front!), I've been reacting to everything, with a huge emotional outburst (good or bad) (only adrenaline required).

ETA WHAT why all of a sudden will my images not show up here *or* at Kruse's new forum? There's no way I'm suddenly doing it wrong in both places, and I know I didn't change my setting here. I've been posting pictures here for two years!!
                Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Weirdness last night that must have been triggered by the coconut cream. I've had this pattern before:

spinning brain (mind won't stop thinking, so I can't get to sleep), then big abdominal cramps, restless legs, purge.

Comment

160 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes!
                    - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, 5:30!
                    - no snacking yes
                    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime Yes, 5+
                    - darkening the house at sunset will as soon as babygrok gets off my lap
                    - 100% primal diet yes - oh, trace sugar in the bacon
                    - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) see above
                    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, forgot fCLO

Morning
                    D (5000IU) - 8,000IU
                    B complex - yes
                    CO - 3T
                    Dig Enz - 1tsp swed bitters + Digest Gold before bkfst & yes
                    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
                    Organs, broth, ferments: liver, broth, pickle juice;

Midday
                    Selenium (200mg) - yes
                    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 2 +
                    ACV - 1T in water
                    Green tea - 2C+
                    Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
                    Mg (700mg) - 800mg
                    Liver support - 2C liver detox tea

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - cayenne
                    Cold - ice packs thighs & belly 30+m,

B - 1.5oz raw liver, ssg, chicken soup, mixed carrots, ferm pickle juice, CO, bacon fat.

D - bacon & sausage

Results
                    - energy 5/10; mood 7/10
                    - bloating = 3mo morning, felt better in afternoon, some bloat after dinner . 5mo by bedtime! Why? Cayenne or sugar, both in trace amounts ... seems doubtful. What?
                    - slept 11-7:30, could have slept much more, but did wake on my own, so yay for that.
                    - pulse was slightly up this morning right after rising, but fine later
                    - ** was able to shop in the Juniors section again today! I could never accept shopping in the Women's section, or even Ladies, so I just didn't buy any clothes while I was fat, relying on what others gave me and maternity shirts. I had a big denial problem. :P
                    Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-05-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                      New pictures!.
                      Dang, both are awesome, but I prefer the first as you fit the demensions of the picture better. Still loving your avatar pic btw.

Comment

• Thanks for the vote, canio!
                        >140. :P Bloat.
                        162 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                        - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 1hr, took a LONG time to make it
                        - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, by 7:10!
                        - no snacking yes
                        - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, just about that
                        - exposure to morning temp & sun yes, 60 & overcast had quite a chill!
                        - 100% primal diet trace sugar in soup
                        - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, forgot fCLO again!!

Morning
                        D (5000IU) - 8,000IU
                        B complex - yes
                        CO - 3T
                        Probiotic (1NT) - forgot
                        Organs, broth, ferments: broth, whole fish (+bones), roe; fish eyes, SK

Midday
                        15m Sun - overcast, but outside anyway
                        Selenium (200mg) - yes
                        Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 1 + 2 + 2?
                        ACV - 1T
                        Green tea -
                        Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & dinner, 1800mg NAC
                        Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
                        Mg (800mg) - yes
                        Liver support - 2C liver detox tea

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) -
                        Cold - sat out in chilly 60 degrees all morning with shorts & tee, eventually put on a light sweater

B - 1oz "paddlefish" caviar w/ mustard & capers, soup with broth, sardines, anchovies, kale. (I tried to taste it; after all, it was $$, but in the end, held my breath for most of it.) Bit of coconut milk & lemongrass & trace sugar in the soup (kids' leftover broth from their TJ's tuna packet)

D - trout (skin, eyes, fins)

Results
                        - energy 5/10; mood 5.5/10
                        - bloating = 4mo morning, IDK if it's down tonight, but whole gut region feels better & back feels trimmer? ***NO. 4-5mo pg looking. :P
                        - slept 7hrs w/ interruptions. :P
                        - Still trying to note whether bloating is from excess protein/fat ratio (although the meat last night was VERY fatty), remaining damage from coconut cream early in the week, or something else. ***Interesting. I tried one capsule of activated charcoal around 1pm and really felt things were changing for the better by late afternoon and evening.
                        Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

164 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                          - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes! done by 7am
                          - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch
                          - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner
                          - finished dinner by 7:30
                          - no snacking
                          - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime
                          - exposure to morning temp & sun a little bit going to sunrise Mass, then more while egg hunting
                          - darkening the house at sunset
                          - 100% primal diet trace sugar in bacon
                          - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches)
                          - no PUFA's other than fCLO

Morning
                          D (5000IU) - forgot
                          B complex - yes
                          HCl (600mg/meal)- yes;
                          CO -
                          Dig Enz - 1tsp swed bitters + Digest Gold before bkfst &
                          Feverfew - yes
                          Probiotic (1NT) - forgot
                          Organs, broth, ferments: SK;

Midday
                          15m Sun -
                          Selenium (200mg) - yes
                          ACV -
                          Green tea -
                          Salt and/or potassium - <1/4tsp lite salt & 1/2tsp CSS
                          Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & , N
                          Zinc (for NAC) -
                          Mg (800mg) -
                          Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - some cayenne, miniscule sugar
                          Cold -

B - 7oz sausage & brat, SKJ

L -

D -

Results
                          - energy 5/10; mood 6/10
                          - bloating =
                          - skin = smoother than ever
                          - slept 11-6:30, not feeling terrible despite <8hrs for 3 days in a row.
                          - My plan is to eat a full Easter dinner (me: lamb lamb lamb) so I don't have to field questions about why I'm eating nothing at all, then skip dinner. I've already had a small taste of the only sweet that might intrigue me, and didn't care much. Interestingly, I smelled the TJ's choc mint thingies that always made me crazy & actually recoiled in disgust. That totally surprised me!

I used to gain 2-3lb every day and lose it every night. It's down to just 1lb per day, even with the bloating I've had in the last week. I'm so grateful not to be carrying around whatever that crap was every day anymore!

AF
                          Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-08-2012, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Aw, the spammer likes DaddyGrok. How sweet.

Comment

• Just finished to read your entire journey....wow!! What am I gonna read in my cold baths now?? I said it already, but you are my inspiration! You never gave up even though you had difficult period and weight going up at some points.

It took a long time for you to be there, but the good news is that not only the outside looks good, but the inside is getting healed as well. You must feel so good compared than a few years ago, trapped in the binge/restricting circle. And so proud of you too!!

I really appreciate your comments on OL (AbetterMe), Thank's for that. I keep thinkig about what you went through and telling myself I can do it to, that I have to be patient. My doctor was so right saying that binging and weight gain are symptoms and once you take care of the causes, you can get better...He also told me that I'm doing good and that everything will fall into place, and that I need to be PATIENT... I'm used to lose weight pretty quickly in the past...Doesn't work anymore... I guess I've harmed by body too far and now I have to take care of it... Everyday I'm more at peace with it despite I don't like how it looks. When the inside will feel better, the outside will follow, I have to concentrate on that.

Oh, and I also prefer the first pic...

Keep going, you're a rock star
                              Last edited by K-Mtl; 04-08-2012, 06:18 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Oops, I just erased yesterday's post. Oh well. Hope there were no life-changing insights, lol.

164 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
                                - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes! done by 7am
                                - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch 7hrs
                                - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes
                                - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, right at
                                - no snacking yes
                                - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 3?
                                - exposure to morning temp & sun a little bit going to sunrise Mass, then more while egg hunting
                                - darkening the house at sunset not much
                                - 100% primal diet trace sugar in bacon
                                - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) way less
                                - no PUFA's other than fCLO forgot fCLO

Morning
                                D (5000IU) - forgot
                                B complex - yes
                                HCl (600mg/meal)- yes; yes (max? see below)
                                CO - 3T at lunch
                                Feverfew - yes
                                Probiotic (1NT) - forgot
                                Organs, broth, ferments: SK;

Midday
                                15m Sun - yes
                                Selenium (200mg) - yes
                                Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) - 2 + 1
                                ACV -
                                Green tea - several cups
                                Salt and/or potassium - <1/4tsp lite salt & 1/2tsp CSS
                                Zinc (for NAC) - yes
                                Mg (800mg) - yes
                                Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - some cayenne, miniscule sugar, garlic
                                Cold - no

B - 7oz sausage & brat, SKJ

L - LOTS of lamb with garlic (YES, I ate it and totally didn't think about it), carrots w/ some evoo, two TJ's dark choc-covered candied ginger bites (size of yogurt covered raisins, but it does give me the giddy feeling to type it)

D - Lamb. (Dried) one banana slice, two cherries, half(?) date.

Results
                                - energy 5/10; mood 6/10
                                - bloating = not bad during day; 5mo bedtime
                                - skin = smoother than ever
                                - slept 11-6:30, not feeling terrible despite <8hrs for 3 days in a row.
                                - My plan is to eat a full Easter dinner (me: lamb lamb lamb) so I don't have to field questions about why I'm eating nothing at all, then skip dinner. I've already had a small taste of the only sweet that might intrigue me, and didn't care much. Interestingly, I smelled the TJ's choc mint thingies that always made me crazy & actually recoiled in disgust. That totally surprised me!

I used to gain 2-3lb every day and lose it every night. It's down to just 1lb per day, even with the bloating I've had in the last week. I'm so grateful not to be carrying around whatever that crap was every day anymore!

AF (snuck up on the waning moon again)
                                Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X