No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per your glutathione from IV, what about if you tried to take a liquid form?
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Apparently it is almost completely not absorbed when given orally, except perhaps in very expensive fat-soluble forms.
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Ah, got it. Thanks for the info
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
          Apparently it is almost completely not absorbed when given orally, except perhaps in very expensive fat-soluble forms.
          What about liposomal glutathione?
          Started Atkins:: 1996
          Started Paleo: 2003
          Illness Started: 2008
          Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
          Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
          Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

• THREE pounds of bloating from one bite of cupcake and three bites of pecan pie (all gluten free). Wow. My body hates this stuff.

ETA okay, just found out the pie crust and cupcakes both had butter in them. Denial much? lol. I'm really surprised I'd have this kind of reaction to butter. Maybe the brown rice syrup? Never tried that before. I certainly won't again. How do you turn a grain of rice into syrup, anyway? I'm sure it's another one of those heavily processed foods masquerading as a health food.
            Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-24-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Week 4, Day 3
              BBT - thermometer's batteries are dead
              144 - YIKES swelling!!
              ***90 days binge-free***
              (seems so much longer than that. I feel a million miles from a binge, TBTG)

Leptin Resistance goals:
              - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
              - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising no, took 50m to make it all! (plus a quick computer issueuu)
              - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
              - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
              - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, 7:10
              - no snacking yes
              - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, 4.5
              - exposure to morning sun yes! and cold! 10m @9
              - darkening the house at sunset yes, then bright again for 2hrs, then dark :P
              - 100% primal diet yes
              - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) way less
              - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes
              - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading 2T extra with bkfst

Morning
              D (5000IU) - 20000IU
              HCl -
              Dig Enz - Considering another brand and/or ox bile and/or bile salts
              Organs, broth, ferments: raw goat liver & fermented watermelon rind for bkfst, bit of kidney and broth for dinner

Midday
              Mg (700mg) -
              Selenium (200mg) - yes
              ACV - 1T
              OOO - yes
              Green tea -
              Salt and/or potassium -
              Seaweed - tsp seagreens
              GFCF? yes

B - 4 eggs in 3T CO, 5 oz sausage, 1oz goat liver, chunk ferm rind

D - bkfst sausage, leftover steak/kidney stew

Results
              - energy 5-4/10
              - bloating = 3-4mo in morning. not really worse than yesterday morning, so the weight must be in limbs, etc. 5+mo at night.
              - skin = quite smooth
              - 9 good hours, still very sleepy. sleepy around 7:30pm
              - warm almost all night.
              -

I hate that I got to the point of feeling the fat melt away and then blew it with dairy accidentally. I don't know if that'll be set back a week or so, or not.
              Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-25-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• yes two bites is enough because with a leaky gut you are very susceptible to a reactive hypoglycemia because your liver is a sieve........never forget that. If you were in my office right now Id be reading you the riot act........not kidding either. Stop allowing your neolithic mind to undermine your paleolithic genes..........this is a recurrent problem you have. Become fully aware this is your number one problem........because it is.
                Yep, and it was definitely the mostly-gone-but-still-latent addiction speaking when I decided I couldn't wait another 24hrs to find out what was in that mini-cupcake. It wasn't even good, anyway.

re: irvingia : "Dr. Kruse says do it with food and have permanent fix.....not one where you have to rely on Dr. Mercola's supplements. " I asked if it helps *along with* the dietary LR, and he says no, it's superfluous.

On IV glut: "id have you do it 4-6 weeks and you problem maybe gone........you will know if its working quickly."

colleen: all migraines are hormonal
                Dr K: then they're tied to inflammation......because all hormonal deficiencies are tied to underlying inflammation.

Dr. K: biotoxins must be cleared before LR will be effective

Dr. K: best way to alter SHBG is to fix leptin.......leptin is the best way to fix it.......we can muck around with hormones to alter it......but it is a harder path to optimal......i have some patients who I struggle with this battle........but the Primal diet is the best way I know to fix this. Omega six content excess is the largest cause of SHBG issues in my view........and it take two yrs to change out O6's in all your cell membranes in the 20 trillion cells in your body.

pregn steal: Originally Posted by Shijin13
                ... So Eat Primal/Paleo, Support the adrenals, focus on the circadian rhythm (light cycles and meal timing) , supplement w/ Pregnalone & DHEA if you have good hsCRP (I think I remember Dr K saying it needed to below .5), and support w/bioidentical hormones as testing dictates.
                nuttmegs:....and if that fails you, look for an underlying infection ala the "lyme" article Dr Kruse wrote

explains how inflammation can cause low cortisol - The Truth About Adrenal Fatigue (It's Not What You Think) - YouTube

colleen: Pregnenolone won't raise your progesterone though. It doesn't work like that for women. One thing with progesterone is that it sensitizes you to all your hormones. Raising my levels made me need less thyroid because my body started converting it better.
                Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Week 4, Day 4
                  144 still. How long will I pay for the bite of butter?
                  91 days binge-free

Leptin Resistance goals:
                  - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising no, screaming toddler (had wheat last night :eyeroll delayed it ... 1hr
                  - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch, but was hungry from 3pm on.
                  - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
                  - finished dinner by 7:30? 7:50
                  - no snacking yes
                  - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 3hrs.
                  - exposure to morning temp & sun 45degrees, 10m, no lenses or shoes/socks
                  - darkening the house at sunset yes
                  - 100% primal diet yes
                  - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) trace of maple in dressing
                  - no PUFA's other than fCLO some evoo in dressing

Morning
                  D (5000IU) - 20000IU to catch up
                  HCl -
                  Organs, broth, ferments: raw goat liver for bkfst, broth with dinner

Midday
                  Mg (700mg) - 1/2tsp
                  Selenium (200mg) - yes
                  ACV -
                  OOO -
                  Green tea -
                  Salt and/or potassium -
                  Seaweed - 1/2 tsp seagreens
                  GFCF? yes

B - 4 eggs in 3T CO, 5 oz sausage, 1oz goat liver

D - goat shoulder roast, salad, DV sherry pecan dressing (makes my stomach giddy to think of it)

Results
                  - energy 5/10
                  - bloating = 3-4mo in morning.
                  - skin = fairly smooth, a little rougher on upper arms
                  - 8hrs, very sleepy, need nap at noon.
                  - less warm last night. Hope I didn't kill it with the butter/brown rice syrup
                  - ***right side of nose*** clogged after nap on my left side and then both sides. I don't mean clogged like a cold, but rather, the way (I think) the upper nasal mucosa was inflamed for all of my life before I took grains out the first time
                  - Baby Grok spent most of the day screaming. Something is not right wit her at all. It didn't look like pain, just anger, ,but that kind of anger is not her norm at all. I hvae her in a detox bath right now (epsom salts).
                  - tried to find my max on vit C non-sick, expecting 4 or 5gm. Took 4 first, then 3, then 2, then 2 ... still didn't hit bowel tolerance! What's going on?
                  Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-26-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Background: I had what I considered great health till a decade+ of low-fat, high-grain, high-sugar, low-sleep, high-antibiotic use led to extreme sugar addiction, binge eating disorder, and finally, chronic fatigue & bloating, belly fat for the first time ever, no longer able to stave off weight gain, & increasing food intolerances. Low body temp, BP, pulse as long as I can remember (except when at my fattest, but temp was still 96ish).

Quit processed foods in 2007 & started buying almost everything from traditional farmers; added in organs, ferments, and broth occasionally. Went primal in 2010. Lost .5lb/wk from 185 to 145. Occasional bingeing, too much preoccupation with eating, and couldn't say 100% no to grains or sweets. 6wks of weekend binges led to 10lb gain spring 2011. Started LR in June, kept restarting till the bingeing stopped in October (after increasing to 65g protein BAB). Lost weight here and there. Quit rare grains and occasional dairy on January 1. Eating breakfast outside with no lenses or socks, every morning.

No history of fertility problems (conceived the second cycle after every baby), trouble producing enough milk (ample supply for literally, and constantly, the last fourteen years), or miscarriage.

Currently:
                    - no desire to snack
                    - no desire for lunch
                    - must eat around 6 or will start thinking about (mild) sweets
                    - sleeping solidly most nights (had developed occasional insomnia in the last few years)
                    - almost no cravings, and these are very small and easy to dismiss
                    - skin got silky two weeks ago
                    - getting warm at night in the last week
                    - lost 6lb in last month, bloat + fat - !!
                    - body hair (lost when I went primal) came back when I went on the LR, and just left again last week. ?
                    - still dreadfully tired every morning, often needing naps, and peak energy is late in the day

I missed highlighting the most recent BUN/Creatinine ratio - it should be red for out of range.

Some of my questions:
                    1. What is the difference between the triglyceride reading for NMR and the regular one?
                    2. Do I need adaptogens? Which?
                    3. What's an optimal homocysteine score?
                    4. Am I hypothyroid? Is the best path just to wait for leptin sensitivit to restore proper conversion of T4 to freeT3?
                    5. HDL is still very high, but gut is still very leaky - am I right to assume I should avoid nightshades? Is it important to be meticulous (none of my pastured sausage b/c of the cayenne pepper), or just avoid big, obvious things like tomatoes & potatoes & eggplant & bell peppers?
                    6. Do I have a renin/aldosterone problem?
                    7. Do I have a fatty liver problem?
                    8. How did insulin plummet while HbA1c went up?
                    9. No sign of problematic inflammation in stool (lactoferrin) or blood (hsCRP, homocysteine...) - how, if my gut is so clearly hating the rare gluten I was eating? (as evidenced by antigliadin sIgA, fat malabsorption, etc.)
                    10. For the across-the-board low sex hormones, is the best approach to fix these (which will accelerate the leptin reset) or to be patient and let the LR fix them? If fix them, what is the best approach to that? Help me understand what these very low numbers mean! Could it just be a normal result of just now resuming cycles after two years of lactational amenorrhea?
                    11. Are the slightly-off-optimal results in the blood, urine, and iron panels of any concern? BUN/Cr ratio?
                    12. Is there an upper limit to "optimal" for B12?
                    13. Explicame again why LDL is going up? Something about that hormone cascade ...
                    14. Should I buckle down on the omega 3 ratio or just be patient, since I'm probably just on the tail end of recovering from a sky-high ratio?
                    15. What is the most likely cause(s) of my chronic fatigue? Hypothyroidism? Mediocre cortisol? Malabsorption?

My plan:
                    - IV glutathione (4-6wks) + GAPS + s. boulardii + RX-grade probiotics & daily kombucha/kevita (8wks) for gut. Pregnenolone, DHEA, NAC + Zinc till IV begins, milk thistle, feverfew.
                    - continue leptin reset and 100% grain- and dairy-free, consider 100% cayenne-free (lol, already off the other nightshades) & ox bile.
                    - continue focusing on organs, ferments, sea veggies, Mg, Se, D3, ACV or HCl, vit C
                    - try Robb Wolf autoimmune protocol for a month, with GAPS, and then test re-adding eggs & cayenne, very slowly, one at a time
                    Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-28-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• MamaGrok test results

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post695087

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread47234.html

================================================

Clostridia sp=21.1(1.5-6.2)

http://www.metametrix.com/files/test...Effects-IG.pdf

High Predominant Bacteria
                      Significance:
                      • Dysbiosis: Predominant bacteria should be present
                      at normal levels in the healthy gut. Bacteroides sp.
                      and Bifidobacter sp. should be present in the greatest
                      amounts
                      [4]
                      ------------------------------------
                      Clostridia sp=21.1(1.5-6.2)
                      Bifidobacter sp=2.6(2.3-7.6)

-------------------------------------

• Overgrowth of certain Clostridia sp. clusters may play a
                      role in certain cases of autism.
                      [9, 10]

• For Lactobacillus sp. or Clostridia sp. overgrowth,
                      supplement with Bifidobacter sp. or Saccharomyces boulardii
                      probiotics
                      , respectively.

Clostridium difficile
                      Suspect recent antibiotic use, especially the cephalosporins,
                      ampicillin/amoxicillin, and clindamycin.
                      Symptoms:
                      • Cramping, lower abdominal pain, fever and diarrhea
                      usually decreases once antibiotics are stopped, though
                      can continue for up to 4 weeks
                      Treatment Options (Adult Dosages):
                      • Do not treat if patient is asymptomatic. Stop use of
                      causative antibiotics.
                      • In severe cases: Vancomycin 125 mg PO qid for 10-14d;
                      Metronidazole 500 mg PO tid or 250 mg PO qid for
                      10-14d
                      • Herbal antibiotics such as berberine or oregano oil
                      • Replete beneficial bacteria, esp. S. boulardii

=============================================
                      =============================================
                      http://www.gdx.net/core/interpretive...terp-Guide.pdf
                      Analyte, related Profiles
                      Clostridium difficile toxins A & B have this test done
                      Optional add-on with these tests:
                      CDSA/P,
                      CDSA,
                      CDSA 2.0,
                      CDSA 2.0 without Parasitology
                      Stand alone test

Refer to the Pathogenic Organsim Chart** for
                      clinical significance and therapeutic
                      recommendations

---------------
                      http://www.gdx.net/core/supplemental...nism-Chart.pdf

Pathogenic Organism Chart

Genus/Organism
                      Clostridium difficile (PP)

Description
                      The genus
                      Clostridium are
                      anaerobic grampositive, sporeforming bacteria.

Habitat/Sources of Isolation
                      The organism has many natural
                      habitats including hay, soil, cows,
                      horses and dogs.
                      Almost 50% of neonates carry this
                      organism asymptomatically as part of
                      their gastrointestinal flora during the
                      first year of life. This rate decreases
                      sequentially to about 3% in adults
                      and less in children over two years of
                      age.

Pathogenicity
                      C. difficile is the major
                      cause of antibioticassociated diarrhea and
                      pseudomembranous
                      colitis and the most
                      common cause of
                      hospital-acquired
                      diarrhea.
                      Isolation of C. difficile
                      without a positive toxin
                      test has little clinical
                      value. It is important to
                      test for both toxins A
                      and B in the stool.
                      Toxin A is an
                      enterotoxin and toxin B
                      is a cytotoxin that
                      inhibits bowel motility.
                      It is thought that both
                      toxins are important in
                      the pathogenesis.

Symptoms
                      Mild cases of C. difficile disease
                      are characterized by frequent,
                      foul-smelling, watery stools.
                      More severe symptoms,
                      indicative of pseudomembranous
                      colitis, include diarrhea that
                      contains blood and mucous, and
                      abdominal cramps.

*Treatment
                      Severe C. difficile
                      intestinal disease is
                      usually treated with
                      oral vancomycin or
                      metronidazole.
                      However,
                      antimicrobial therapy
                      often results in
                      relapse of the
                      disease.
                      In addition, there is
                      concern that oral
                      vancomycin can lead
                      to the emergence of
                      vancomycin-resistant
                      Enterococci

==========================================
                      ==========================================
                      Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• Than k you for reminding me of the clostridium sp. and s. boulardii. I completely forgot and need to add that to my plan.

Clostridum sp. and clostridium difficile are completely different, though, right?

Comment

• More notes:

jansz:
                          You have a "gold mine",
                          low pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEAs, cortisol
                          That should be explored first.
                          And
                          as you know,
                          I would try to stay away from supplementing progesterone. Leave that for latter.

Now is
                          7ketoDHEA first
                          DHEA maybe
                          pregnenolone following the two above.

Micronized Lipid Matrix Pregnenolone from Nutricology, 150mg (scored)
                          7ketoDHEA 100mg from lef.org

Goals
                          DHEAs Women 275-400 μg/dL (but use 100 or better 200mg 7ketoDHEA first, whatever you are missing, fill up with plain DHEA from lef.org
                          pregnenolone, do not worry much where it is, dose looking at progesterone levels on day 3-4
                          progesterone 1.5ng/dL on day 3-4

you may revisit above when you see what is happening to cortisols

at some point add androstenedione to your list.

//

Total Estrogens 91 (61 - 394)
                          high sensitivity Estradiol 19 (9 - 175) (what laboratory did the testing??????)

Your Estradiol looks decent, not sure about total estrogens (may be low).

At some point it would be a good idea to have done
                          e1, e2, e3, Total E at LabCorp
                          if we fix the Leptin issue does the hormone cascade work properly again and we may only need a bit of progesterone possibly?

I know I'm a long way from that, but in all the deep dives I'm just trying to imagine what life might be like when I am healthy again. Anyone have post Leptin RX life examples yet?
                          shijin:
                          Potentially yes, but it depends on how bad your hormones are in the toilet and if you need bio identical supplementation I've been doing the post leptin RX but following the light cycles as well. I prefer the BAB and skipping lunch then having dinner. And I've a been vlc , but as the light cycles lengthen I'm adding some carbs in the am. You can fix leptin, then your hypothalmic -pitutary axis will re align itself, turning on the pituitary -thyroid axis, and then the axis w/your cortisol. It's at this point youre hormones will begin to reset on their own this will be dependent on how long youve abused your body. If you get the right doctor they can help speed this along.
                          jansz
                          You are menstruating woman.
                          Do your blood tests at LabCorp
                          There is four hormones involved in menstruating period
                          LH, FSH you will not be manipulating (but HCG diet may screw this)
                          progesterone, estradiol (E2) you try to influence
                          latter you look and may make changes to e1, E2, total E

Use their desired ranges for prog & E2
                          Superimpose those ranges on monthly distribution.
                          Practically you will be checking
                          minimums---day 3-4
                          maximums---day 19-21 (these numbers may change slightly per length of your cycle).

minimums--day 3-4 woman=men
                          prog=1.5ng/mL
                          E2=(20-30)pg/ml

maximums--day 19-21
                          prog (10-15)ng/mL
                          E2(100-150)pg/mL

The idea of pushing pregnenolone and holding off on progesterone is an effort of giving your body ability to regulate.
                          Depending on outcome you may eventually add additional pregnenolone pill if you see progesterone lagging on 19-21 days.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rual_cycle.svg

7-Keto DHEA Metabolite, 100 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules

7-KetoŽ DHEA is a natural metabolite of DHEA that has been shown to safely increase thermogenesis
                          (some ppl extra sensiive to it - like poison - vilica)

huck: Check out saw palmetto and stinging nettles. Both can reverse the binding process of SHBG.
                          isabell I use this formula: Amazon.com: Life Extension Super Saw Palmetto with Nettle Root and Beta Sitosterol, 60 Softgels: Health & Personal Care

lsseeker
                          Anatomy and Physiology self-test this morning said:

"Steroid hormones act on a target cell by:

D. entering the nucleus of a cell and initiating or altering the expression of a gene.

I had to post this. This is the crux of what we're doing. And the paleo diet is our food source. Dr. K said in a podcast that food is what turns our genes off and on.
                          dr k "Bingo.......too many people do not realize food does the exact same thing and is far more effective too."

jansz
                          FAI is function of TT & SHBG, it does not take into account Albumin, cortisol, CBG

Measuring or calculating amount of bioavailable testosterone is rather (highly) inexact science.

It is good idea to stick with favorite laboratory so at least there is a hope that rate of change can be observed from one measurement to the next.

These days, I do most of my blood work at LabCorp.
                          But when trying to find (badly) my BioAvailableTestosterone (BAT) I use
                          Quest Diagnostics
                          Testosterone, Free, Bioavailable, and Total, LC/MS/MS (14966) 14966X
                          Testosterone, Free, Bioavailable, and Total, LC/MS/MS (14966) - (14966X)

Not because they cornered market but because they calculate BAT & FreeT using mathematical formula.
                          jansz
                          I use this formula: Amazon.com: Life Extension Super Saw Palmetto with Nettle Root and Beta Sitosterol, 60 Softgels: Health & Personal Care
                          smgj
                          Something is off with your thyroid. That may be the reason for the strange cholesterol result. With all the iodine talk lately - do you do iodine/iodine rich foods?
                          (Trace minerals supporting thyroid: iodine, zinc, selenium, iron, high estrogen supresses. I believe that the co-factors for the different types of iodinations was mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere... I found this, but it's too complicated for me to digest now. Endotext.com - Female Reproductive Endocrinology - Premenstrual Syndrome )

And I would pay attention to the fat maldigestion. You need the (right) fat. May be a sluggish gall bladder?
                          I dont think she is LR........I think she has inflammation from her gut that is pounding her liver because of the ferrtiin level and here elevate liver enzymes. Her HDL is great and her Vitamin D OK considering. I would consider going up on D3 and adding feverfew or milk thistle, NAC or gltathione is all good things here.

Its from the gut........inflammation but her antibodies do not show it.......so I think it is straight forward leaky gut and persistence should clear it.
                          so elev. (really?) liver enzymes (ALT, etc.) * elev. ferritin point to liver being pounded by gut inflammation, no longer leptin resistance.

(I thought antibodies showed it, but not infl. markers? maybe a word is missing, like 'lowered' before 'inflammation'?)

I like your plan.......I think you need to use more bone broth and I would say Rx grade probiotics plus, feremented foods, plus Kombucha or Kevita coconut drinks every day for 8 weeks. I do not think you are that far away. I think, as I have said before your gut is the source of your problem........but it is fixable without a lot of crazy stuff. Diet and leaky gut Rx is all it should take. I would do this right into summer. If you still feel like shit then retest. The gut microflora is the problem. You can force it to change with foods and probiotics. You must not feed your microbiotia crap........You want to see Bacteroides increase over Clostridia over time. When your stools look better you will know its working. You will feel better because you wil absorb more protein and fat.......now you are not. I do think I would start pregenelone and DHEA if I was you to keep system primed while the gut heals.
                          Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; Today at 06:01 PM.

NAC, s. boulardii, ox bile/salts/acids/whatever!

Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon
                          best way to alter SHBG is to fix leptin.......leptin is the best way to fix it.......we can muck around with hormones to alter it......but it is a harder path to optimal......i have some patients who I struggle with this battle........but the Primal diet is the best way I know to fix this. Omega six content excess is the largest cause of SHBG issues in my view........and it take two yrs to change out O6's in all your cell membranes in the 20 trillion cells in your body. Humans want changes as soon as they go thru the drive thru.........that is not how the paleolithic genome works............

kruse: I bet you have a very low MSH level.......and that would correlate with your low ACTH levels.......MSH and ACTH are made from POMC. You should hand this to him witha chapter on hypothalamic functioning and tell him a neurosurgeon gave it to you. I think the most likely cause if underlying inflammation and LR. Leptin controls MSH, ACTH and POMC release.
                          Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• today's notes...

coriander: MG, this is the best value probiotic I've found. Custom Probiotics - highest potency acidophilus and bifidus probiotics supplements. Custom Probiotics - highest potency acidophilus and bifidus probiotics supplements.

isabell: Two docs in the Rheumatology field I saw liked Klaire Labs Vital-10 best. It's what saw me through 2 1/2 weeks of wicked detoxing: https://www.protherainc.com/prod/pro...asp?id=V085-10 you can buy them on Amazon.com or Pureformulas.com

dr k: DHEA improves as sleep improves

kkcarlton: nori doesn't have that fishy taste. not salted. buy sheets and sprinkle with sea salt, lay on CO or pernil grease, and roll up.
                            wakame in soups
                            arame in salad
                            SeaSnax (nori? $$)
                            isabell: I bet you would like Kombu. It comes dried and hard, but you can soak it in water and warm it up in some butter, bacon fat, etc. and it tastes like bacon. It is delicious! It doesn't taste like what you think of as seaweed.

shijin: fresh seaweed/kelp doesn't have that fishy taste - but the only place I've ever gotten "fresh" seaweed/kelp is at a local Japanese sushi restaurant - that only the japanese diplomats go to.

Jonathan's Seaweed Soup
                            2 cups (torn, packed) Seaweed ( of choice we are using Bladderwrack right now)
                            1/4 cup chopped onion
                            2 oz bacon minced
                            1/4 t allspice
                            1/4 t clove
                            2 thai chillies
                            2 cup Bone Broth
                            2 cup Water
                            3 T coconut oil
                            Salt to taste

brown onions bacon and spices in some CO. add seaweed and cook 3 min. At broth and water and remainder of CO brong to boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 20 - 30 minutes.
                            YUM IODINE and CO
                            Serves 2
                            o, forgot the shitake mushrooms!
                            Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-26-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Week 4, Day 5
                              143 ... getting back there.
                              92 days binge-free

Leptin Resistance goals:
                              - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising so sleepy & slow moving ... 1.5hrs. at least babygrok's not sick anymore.
                              - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
                              - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch (hungry around 5)
                              - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, 6:45
                              - no snacking yes
                              - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, 4.5
                              - exposure to morning temp & sun no, overcast & foggy, plus sleepy me
                              - darkening the house at sunset not much; grumpy baby grok kept turning the bright lights back on
                              - 100% primal diet yes
                              - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) yes
                              - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
                              D (5000IU) - 8000IU
                              HCl -
                              Organs, broth, ferments: raw goat liver, cup broth, & ferm. wtrmln rind for brkfst,

Midday
                              Mg (700mg) - <1tsp at bedtime
                              Selenium (200mg) - yes
                              ACV -
                              OOO -
                              Green tea -
                              Salt and/or potassium - tsp
                              Seaweed - 1/2tsp in water
                              GFCF? yes - perhaps trace amount of soured milk in rabbit

B - 4 eggs in 3T CO, 5 oz sausage, 1oz goat liver, watermelon rind chunk (fermented), cup chicken broth w/ saltsaltsalt

D - coconut fried rabbit, whole raw carrot

Results
                              - energy 3/10
                              - bloating = 3mo in morning, 3.5+ at night
                              - skin = fairly smooth, a little rougher on upper arms, sandpaper-y on elbows
                              - 9hrs, tried to get up after that and kept falling asleep again for 30m. Slow & sleepy all morning.
                              - less warm again last night.
                              - felt ill midday. Legs not at all strong, headache when I stood. Unexplained runs two hours after dinner. Headache again after 10pm. Very irritable suddenly. Babygrok fell apart in the afternoon. Is this my leaky gut giving her toxins throug breastmilk?
                              Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-27-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Coconut Fried Rabbit

Made coconut fried rabbit tonight and it was AWESOME. It was

- two young rabbits, cut into parts
                                - marinate in sour milk (from our raw Jersey milk) 1hr (don't know if this helped any, but I did it anyway, lol, and washed my piece off thoroughly b4 frying it). pat dry.
                                - sprinkle generously with salt & pepper, homemade Emeril's Essence, coconut flour, & (organic) dried non-sweetened shredded coconut
                                - get a bunch of sausage grease & coconut oil in a frying pan really hot ,deep enough to cover or half-cover rabbit pieces
                                - fry them puppies. Takes 5-10m, depending on thickness. Brown & yummy. Drain on paper towels & yum yum

l8f: LFTs (AST/ALT/Alk Phos). Am wondering how to look at derangements in those numbers in terms of whether or not they give clues to the Leptin status at the liver or other areas?
                                drk: this is key in the leaky gut work up and it is key in relation to other labs. Often gives you insights to what is going on across systems.

Comment

Working...
                                X