No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that's my current weight. I was just telling dh today about an incident that comes back to me from time to time. I was at a restaurant with a girl about 15 years ago. She was very overweight and I was very thin. She passed up cookies that were being offered around, and said she was really committed to losing weight (sadly, she never has succeeded). I was amazed she could do that. I couldn't possibly pass up a cookie.

I thought about that many, many times since then. Since going WAPF, then primal, then LR, I thought about it again and again and knew I wasn't there.

I'm there now. No way I'd take the stinking cookie! Now, I'm not under the illusion that I'll never have a moment again where I accept food I'd choose not to have if all my wits were about me, but where I am now, I absolutely would pass it up, and not care, and not miss it, and I've been there for quite a while now, and don't see anything coming in the near future to change it.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• [QUOTE=MamaGrok;685161]Week 3, Day 4
      BBT - thermometer's batteries are dead
      142.25!
      83 days binge-free

Leptin Resistance goals:
      - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
      - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes!
      - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
      - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
      - no snacking yes
      - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime needc to stay up till 11:30!
      - exposure to morning sun yes, <5m, but no lenses and no shoes, just a coat, 40 degrees
      - darkening the house at sunset now!
      - 100% primal diet yes
      - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) way less
      - no PUFA's other than fCLO some evoo
      - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading 2 extra with bkfst

Morning
      D (5000IU) - forgot
      HCl -
      Dig Enz - Considering another brand and/or ox bile and/or bile salts
      Organs, broth, ferments: NEED TO THAW MORE GOAT LIVER!

Midday
      Mg (700mg) - 1/2t
      Selenium (200mg) - yes
      ACV -
      OOO -
      Green tea -
      Salt and/or potassium -
      Seaweed -
      GFCF? yes

B - 4 eggs in 3T CO, 5.5ish oz sausage + chili (almost entirely the beef)

D - bkfst & dinner ssausage, cabbage in co, salad w/ DV sherry pecan vinaigrette

Results
      - energy 6+/10 morning, but got very, very sleepy. Sleepy again around 9pm.
      - bloating = 3mo
      - skin = still smooth, still some bumps on my arms
      - 10+hrs sleep. Dreadfully sleepy by 1pm.
      - body feels good & trim(mer)!
      Back on routine now. Pondering my very unexpected cortisol test results...
      Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-18-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Cortisol Morning (8am)___7__(3.7-9.5)
        Cortisol Midday (1pm)____0.9__(1.2-3.0)
        Cortisol Evening (5:30pm)_1.7__(.6-1.9)
        Cortisol Night (10:30pm)__0.7__(.4-1.0)

If my morning cortisol and nighttime cortisol are so normal, how can my energy patterns be so totally upside-down?

And what does the midday blip mean? Could it have anything to do with my not eating lunch? I haven't been hungry for lunch in two months. If that's it, is it a problem that it causes a dip, or no? GAH, this makes no sense!

ETA 5/31/14 - results still fairly similar two years later, even though I've been eating lunch most of those two years. Not *quite* as low at noon, though.
        Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-31-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Whoa

How are you measuring your cortisol levels like that?
          Starting weight: 225
          Current weight: 195
          Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
          Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
          My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• zrtlabs diurnal salivary cortisol. I ordered through canaryclub.com for $109.

Comment

• wow...truly inspirational! i've decided that, from now on, whenever i really want something sweet, it has to be something GAPS that i make myself. i'm such a lazy bum that it will almost never happen. and when it does, it will be something relatively nutritious. no more desserts from others.
              biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
              biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

Comment

• It was definitely an important turning point for me when I decided I would only eat homemade, high-quality, almost primal desserts (that meant pretty much ice cream & cheesecake). I still had trouble sticking to that resolve 100% of the time, but it definitely helped. A lot.

Comment

• When we went to Park City a few years ago, we found a DELICIOUS locally made salad dressing in the grocery store. Found it again last week, and to our surprise, it's actually made by Deer Valley ski resort and best of all - it has no oils but olive oil in it! I can't find a dressing without soy or canola or safflower even at Whole Foods or the Natural Foods Warehouse, except for the Bragg's stuff, which I don't like.

And .... yay ... I just found it online! Dressings It's very pricey,, but I just need something that looks normal for gguests, since we use cruets of evoo & vinegar for every day.

Comment

• Just realized today that I weigh less than my (really thin) husband! (Now, granted he's 6" taller than I, but this is still) 6 years since I last weighed less than him!

Comment

• Week 3, Day 5
                      BBT - thermometer's batteries are dead
                      142!! (will this continue, or will it stall after a week of continuous loss, like before? Perhaps not, now that dairy & wheat are completely out)
                      85 days binge-free

Leptin Resistance goals:
                      - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
                      - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes
                      - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
                      - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
                      - finished dinner by 7:30? yes, by 6!
                      - no snacking yes
                      - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, >4
                      - exposure to morning sun yes, no lenses, no socks!
                      - darkening the house at sunset
                      - 100% primal diet yes
                      - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) bit o' maple syrup in dressing
                      - no PUFA's other than fCLO bit o' olive oil in dressing
                      - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading 2T extra with bkfst

Morning
                      D (5000IU) - 6000IU
                      HCl -
                      Dig Enz - Considering another brand and/or ox bile and/or bile salts
                      Organs, broth, ferments: thawing goat liver for tomorrow

Midday
                      Mg (700mg) - 1/2tsp - finally no effects!
                      Selenium (200mg) - yes
                      ACV -
                      OOO -
                      Green tea -
                      Salt and/or potassium - tsp css
                      Seaweed - tsp Seagreens
                      GFCF? yes

B - 4 eggs in 3T CO, 5.5ish oz sausage ... still hungry? Weird.

D - at least two polish sausage links, cooked cabbage, salad w/ pecan sherry vinaigrette, wanted to eat more and more.

Results
                      - energy 5?/10. soooo sleepy, hard to tell, but I did keep moving despite my misery, so that means it may have been 6/10.
                      - bloating = 3mo in morning. 4-5 in the evening. Why? GRUMPY.
                      - skin = still smooth, still some bumps on my arms
                      - 7.5hrs sleep. Need more. So. Bad.
                      - body feels good & trim(mer)!
                      - very irritable mid-day. Overcame it finally singing some Italian arias LOUDLY.
                      Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Congrats on weighin less than your hubby - I need to add that one to my list!

Comment

• Thanks!!

I am so grumpy today. I don't know if it's the combination of being super sleepy with the irritation of freaking traffic court Barney Fifes overcharging me for a ridiculously obtained ticket for driving behavior that was perfectly normal and endangered no one, or some die-off, but I could bite nails right now.

Comment

• I've had another big breakthrough with my voice. The first came four years ago when I first gave up wheat almost full-time. I gained many notes on my range and extended my very deep alto into a comfortable mezzo-soprano. Lesson brought my range into the soprano comfortably.

Since getting rid of dairy & wheat 100%, it's like unkinking the hose even more. Everything flows easily and wonderfully through my head, with a very clear tone all the way through my range, and a full three octaves of easy notes. Amazing. Amazing. Where was this voice all my life???? I thought I was doomed to sing Tracy Chapman foreer.

Comment

• Wow! So wonderful to hear about your voice, and weighing less than your hubby...all the health and vitality you're gaining. Woohoo!
                              biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
                              biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

Comment

• Hi MamaGrok,

Loving your journal.....I haven't read all of it yet but it looks like you are doing great. You are an inspiration and 85 days binge free is awesome. I have a history of anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating. Haven't binged much but I deal with anorexic behavior still that is not healthy. I am praying that this leptin reset will help me with healing overall and also my ED issues. I am so ready to have my life back.

Thanks for sharing your journey. I really need to start a journal as well and post my food every day. I think it will help to keep me accountable.

~k
                                Started Atkins:: 1996
                                Started Paleo: 2003
                                Illness Started: 2008
                                Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                                Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                                Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

Working...
                                X