Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day skiing!

7am woke, 4eggs in 1+T CO, 2+ bkfst pork chops

5:45 beef jerky (at least a full meal's worth, lol), fruit & nut trail mix (very little, but that stops NOW), salad w/ chicken & elk & boar

Very sore mouth w/ crack in corner. I keep putting CO & Burt's Bees lip balm on it.
    Skin still wonderfully smooth!
    Ears have been popping ever since halfway through first ski day, even when I'm not changing altitude at all. I wonder if they're clogged with something? (At one poitn, I felt legit pain in the lymph node just below one ear. Put CO in that ear, too)

Lots of skiing, but wasn't really enjoying it today. I thougth about it and I think my anxiety level was high, something I'm not at ALL used to. I kept feeling ike I was going to break my leg on the crusty spots and just couldn't enjoy it at all. Very strange. Loved watching the kids learn, though. I don't think today was good for my cortisol like the first few days were. I hope I haven't done something screwy to my cortisol this week! I've tried to be very faithful with meal times and amounts, and had sun all day, although not until 1+hrs after waking, and through lenses.

ETA 5/31/14 - The next two years my ears hurt on the lifts, too. Worse in 2013 than in 2014. Anxiety was there in 2014 (Utah) again (2013 was WV, not as hard slopes). Much more than I felt comfortable with.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-31-2014, 06:19 AM.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• For another day: Cocoa leaky gut bark: 4 bars 88% dark chocolate, coconut oil, Mac nuts & some sea salt. Though this time I added Dex's leaky gut mix ( at least what I had) turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper.

Comment

• 5:30 rose, bkfst was 3eggs in 1+T CO, lots of leftover pot roast, some carrots (tomato broth, negligible potato residue)

3:30 burger & lettuce, lots of homemade jerky

bed at 11:30EST (9:30 to my body) - 143.5 AT NIGHT!!!
        restless sleep all night with sick toddler.

Comment

• Hi MG,

Sorry to hear about sick toddler

Wow, you really ate well during your trip! Honestly, I'd much rather eat all the yummy things you ate than the cr*p everyone else was eating!

What's "Dex's leaky gut mix"? I know turmeric and cinnamon are anti-inflammatory. Black pepper is good for leaky gut? That's great for me as I love freshly cracked black pepper on lots of things.

Can you give me a reference to the body temp stuff you are aiming for? What range are you wanting to see, and what does that represent?
          50 yo single mom
          5'3"
          Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• Week 3, Day 2
            BBT - thermometer's batteries are dead
            <142.5!!
            81 days binge-free

Leptin Resistance goals:
            - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes, if you count my one meal as breakfast!
            - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising no!! woke at 10am and ate at 4pm, due to lab delays... BUt it's absolutely a one-day anomaly and the good news is that I easily made it to that time with no meal, no problem! Felt very full after eating, but better now it's bedtime.
            - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch no lunch!
            - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner no dinner!
            - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime I've been forgetting to look at this one! Yes. 8+ hrs
            - no snacking yes
            - exposure to morning sun briefly in car
            - darkening the house at sunset yes
            - 100% primal diet yes
            - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) yes
            - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes
            - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading

Morning
            D (5000IU) - 20,000IU to catch up
            HCl -
            Dig Enz - Considering another brand and/or ox bile and/or bile salts
            Organs, broth, ferments: 1?C chicken broth

Midday
            Mg (700mg) - 1tsp . don't know if gi was from this or the CO
            Selenium (200mg) - yes
            ACV -
            OOO -
            Green tea - several cups black/mint
            Salt and/or potassium - heavily salted the broth
            Seaweed -
            GFCF? yes

B - lots of sausage, lots of chicken soup, a bit of carrots & cabbage (raw), 1T CO

Results
            - energy 6?/10. Hard to tell, b/c I was sleepy
            - bloating = 2mo pg looking. Increased aftr dinner, gone again by "bedtime" at 2:30am (sick babe)
            - skin = smooth!!!!
            - maybe 8hr? 1 1/4hr nap at 5:30; couldnl't stay awake any longer, slept VERY deeply.
            Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-17-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• The great thing about primal kids is that they hardly ever get sick and when they do, it's over quickly!

Originally posted by Aila View Post
              Hi MG,

Sorry to hear about sick toddler
              What's "Dex's leaky gut mix"? I know turmeric and cinnamon are anti-inflammatory. Black pepper is good for leaky gut? That's great for me as I love freshly cracked black pepper on lots of things.

Can you give me a reference to the body temp stuff you are aiming for? What range are you wanting to see, and what does that represent?
              Dextery's leaky gut mix is the same stuff I listed, but in Greek yogurt as a base instead of CO. Greek yogurt is like crack for me, and I'm learning dairy is no friend in general, so I'm looking at the cocoa bark version in CO!

Low body temps are representative of thyroid dysfunction, especially if consistently below 97.0. I also keep track to know where I am in my cycle, both to track regularity/reproductive health, and to practice NFP (Natural Family Planning, recently called FAM Fertility Awareness Method, as well).

Comment

• Girls, if you've never tried cloth pads, you must! I love love love them. Makes me feel so pampered instead of diaper-y, and bleeding has been shorter & less intense ever since I changed over. Wild stuff..

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                  woke 7:30ish, a bit more sleep (not much) and got up at 8:30ish
                  4 eggs in 2+Tb CO, 2 bkfst cut pork chops, some chorizo salami (Columbus), 1tsp salt

felt hit by a brick wall around 11. Missed ice skating b/c I only wanted to sleep.
                  Don't know if this is exactly the reason, but Columbus puts sugar in their meat - I think it might even be good ol' corn syrup.
                  Starting weight: 225
                  Current weight: 195
                  Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                  Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                  My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                    Girls, if you've never tried cloth pads, you must! I love love love them. Makes me feel so pampered instead of diaper-y, and bleeding has been shorter & less intense ever since I changed over. Wild stuff..
                    Yeah, I've been using Lunapads' cloth maxis and diva cup for a couple years now. It's great for the environment, sure, but it's also so much more convenient! It takes getting used to a few new habits at first, but then it's great. No toxic shock syndrome fear with the Diva Cup.
                    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                    My Primal Journey

Comment

• You're absolutely right, Lex! My collectoin is so lush & cushy, feels like an indulgence, not a curse!

And thanks for the heads-up on Columbus - I'll check into that. I'm actually less afraid of sugar now than I used to be, since a teeny bit appears to do nothing to my cravings now with the big breakfast in charge. I am more worried if it's corn syrup, though, than just a trace amount of sugar cane or beet sugar. I haven't really explored whether I'm sensitive to corn as opposed to it just being a grain in general, but I suspect that I am. The last time I was without bloating was destroyed by corn chips - that was in September.

Welcome to MDA, BTW!!

Comment

• tomorrow night, a hoity-toity fundraiser party for the Children's Museum. I saw who the caterer was and lft them a mssage asking if they could let me know what would be available and if anything would be without gluten and dairy. Looks like a great caterer if you can tolerate those things, but I want to know if I should eat before coming.

Funny, I have three parties this week and don't feel there's any chance at all I'll eat off plan. That's a great feeling. I suspected a diagnosis would help me with the "well a little bit can't hurt ... oh YES IT DID!" and yes, it did help!

I just realized a few days ago that it's been months - well over half a year! - since I had jelly of any sort, much less half a jar at a time. Thanks be to God & Dr Kruse!!

Comment

• Week 3, Day 3
                          BBT - thermometer's batteries are dead
                          82 days binge-free

Leptin Resistance goals:
                          - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
                          - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising not even close. Sick babe would not let me stop nursing her, so I got out of bed and directly to the couch to catch up on the computer, and stayed there for nearly two hours.
                          - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
                          - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
                          - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes, about 3
                          - no snacking yes
                          - exposure to morning sun no
                          - darkening the house at sunset ish
                          - 100% primal diet miniscule amount of sugar in jelly
                          - <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit) miniscule taste of prickly pear fruit jelly
                          - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, unless some in green beans (catered)
                          - teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading 2 extra TB at bkfst

Morning
                          D (5000IU) - 8000IU
                          HCl -
                          Dig Enz - Considering another brand and/or ox bile and/or bile salts
                          Organs, broth, ferments: 1+C chicken broth, some chicken liver, sip of SKJ

Midday
                          Mg (700mg) - 1/2t before dinner
                          Selenium (200mg) - yes
                          ACV -
                          OOO -
                          Green tea -
                          Salt and/or potassium - heavily salted broth
                          Seaweed -
                          GFCF? yes

B - 4 eggs in 3?T CO, bit of chili (no beans or mater chunks), big bowl of chicken soup, taste of cactus jelly. feel very full.

D - roast beef (did miss the horseradish sauce!), green beans, bit of yellow squash, <1/2C fruit. I called the caterer yesterday to find out what was GFCF, and she generously told me what fit the bill.

Results
                          - energy 4/10. Mostly wanted to curl up all day which was convenient since dd was sick and wouldn't let me up, anyway!
                          - bloating = 2mo. Bit more at night.
                          - skin = smooth!!
                          - <8hr in bed, far less sleep than that. Babe thrashing and nursing all night with fever. Sleepy & draggy.

Ready to get back on routine tomorrow ... or as soon as WeeGrok starts sleeping peacefully at night again.
                          Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Man, getting 50 grams of protein plus enough fat is pretty hard. I'm gonna have to work up to it. Was it easy for you from the start?
                            My Primal Journey

Comment

• Yes, it was,, but it's not that easy for everyone. I had already been doing 25gm for several years, and even when I went to 50, and then to 65, I still had a voracious appetite. I felt li ke I could double my meal and still not be full. I think part of it was HCl deficiency, and probably some other things in play, too. Now 65 takes me through lunch and to dinner. Once dinner starts to seem to be too much food, I'll back down to 50 and then wait there for LS! That's my plan, anyway.

Comment

• So how are you doing with your weight loss goals? Are you currently at 142.5?

Happy to hear you went from bingeing to being able to go to parties without falling off plan, and without horrific suffering. So inspirational!
                                biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
                                biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

Comment

Working...
                                X