No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole40 Day 3: Meat, eggs, fats, non-starchy veggies, ferments (no dairy)

Food
    B - 3 eggs in 1T CO

L - roast beef, lettuce, sauerkraut

D - ham steak, brussels sprouts & mushrooms in pernil & bacon grease

Avoid Poisons & Trauma
    yes

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy Things, Sprint
    some, yes, no

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    7.5hrs + 1hr nap, yes!, no, no. Nice conversations with dh, though.

Felt drugged all day. I don't know why. Very bloated, very lethargic, not at all chipper anymore. Switch turned back off. It's so discouraging. I knew at this point I wouldn't be able to stick to my plan for Sunday (ds's birthday party).
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Whole40 Day 4: Meat, eggs, fats, non-starchy veggies, ferments (no dairy)

Today is my one planned cheat day of the whole40.

Food
      B - 2 eggs, sausage.

L - chili (no meat or toppings, lots of veggies). Two pieces of Costco Crap Cake, a whole mess of (all natural, blah blah blah) ice cream.

D - Chili, sour cream, a little cheese, a little ice cream

Aaaaand the symptoms, starting with near immediate pulse racing, moving to an hour later and stretching through the evening, in this order: can hardly stay awake while driving, pulse at 120 for over an hour, sweating, parched, exhausted, can't think logically about what to eat and start being ridiculous and end up wtih a huge, uncomfortable belly, have to open watchband one hole.

Avoid Poisons & Trauma
      no.

yes, yes, no

7hrs, some, no, no

And back to healing tomorrow.

Comment

• Ate nothing but chicken soup (with veggies, and one sausage patty ) all day , for three meals and a few snacks. Some ginger-lemon tea and some water.

Gaps intro again! And all is automatically whole30c compliant by its nature.

Had a sign this morning that I may be detoxifying better than in the past after eating crap
        Wont go into the details, tmi.

Belly happier after just one meal today. Bloated late afternoon though, as usual.

Comment

• Hi MamaGrok!

Just jumping in here to get familiar with you, after seeing your post on the March Whole30 thread. I, too, am doing what I'm calling my "Whole46" for Lent . And I'm a Mama (only of two, but I grew up as the oldest of 5...)

Am very interested in your experience with the GAPS diet. One of my children is very sugar-focused and has given up sugar for Lent, too, and is trying to be Primal. It's slow going getting them used to a shifting diet. I plan to read back through your whole journal for thoughts on feeding children.

Glad to meet you, I'll be checking in!
          50 yo single mom
          5'3"
          Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• Hi, Aila! When I saw your post on there, I made a mental note of it - I'm so glad you stopped in to my journal!! I'm not sure I've talked much about my thoughts on the kiddos, but feel free to ask directly if you think of anything.

Whole40 Day 7: Meat, eggs, fats, non-starchy veggies, ferments (no dairy)

Food
            B - wasn't hungry. Didn't care about eating at all. Really weird for me. Felt good.

L - chicken & veggie soup.

D - chicken & veggie soup

Snacks: soup a few times, and sipped ginger tea throughout the day

Avoid Poisons & Trauma
            realized my lemon juice has sodium benzoate in it and swore never to buy it again

no, no, no

9hrs?, no, no, read Shakespeare summaries all day

Feeling good back on GAPS intro. I'm going to take it slowly this time, doing just me (not all the kids), for two weeks instead of one. I could actually live forever on chicken and veggie soup, lol, as long as I could have some butter every now and for that nourishing, yummy, satiating fat.
            Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-15-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Gut felt very nice. Got more and more round as the day got late, but at least it doesn't feel correspondingly icky. Just not quite as nice as it did earlier in the day.

My sister has been losing weight (CW, though, and feeling so tired and getting sick all the time ) and passing on to me her clothes as she "out"grows them. Sunday she gave me a big pile of cute and pretty new capris, almost all size 10s, and all of them fit. Woohoo! Officially back in! I ranged from 8 to 10 from the time I hit puberty till the weight gain got out of control about 5 years ago, a little before I turned 30.

I hope to be out of them in two months.

Comment

• Great moment! Everyone at Trader Joe's knows us (not too many women crazy enough to go grocery shopping with five kids every week!) and at the end of our transaction today, the cashier said, "I didn't even recognize you. You look amazing. Keep doing whatever you're doing!" (shhh...I didn't recognize him, either... :blush

Comment

• Whole40 Day 8: Meat, eggs, fats, non-starchy veggies, ferments (no dairy)

Food
                  B - chicken & veggie soup.

L - chicken & veggie soup.

D - chicken & veggie soup, goat chili w/o beans. variety!

Snacks were soup + ginger tea + about 1/4 can? "lite" coconut milk poured into some of it.

Avoid Poisons & Trauma
                  yes

no, no, no

8hrs, no, no, no

Moving to GAPS Intro stage 2 tomorrow.

ETA: bloated by midnight. Very.
                  Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                    Great moment! Everyone at Trader Joe's knows us (not too many women crazy enough to go grocery shopping with five kids every week!) and at the end of our transaction today, the cashier said, "I didn't even recognize you. You look amazing. Keep doing whatever you're doing!" (shhh...I didn't recognize him, either... :blush
                    that's awesome! i always love it when gems of positive reinforcement and just plain nice compliments come from people not part of your personal life... it's a nice feeling--i'm ALWAYS one to say something positive to anyone i see if i feel guided to do so... good job!
                    live mindfully.
                    she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• --i'm ALWAYS one to say something positive to anyone i see if i feel guided to do so
                      That's a GREAT attribute, one I'm trying to develop in myself!

I was just coming to post a grr moment ... very, very bloated right now, and slightly uncomfortable in it. Coconut milk? Tomatoes? What?

Comment

That's a GREAT attribute, one I'm trying to develop in myself!

I was just coming to post a grr moment ... very, very bloated right now, and slightly uncomfortable in it. Coconut milk? Tomatoes? What?
                        i could be totally wrong, but i'm picking up that you need more calcium... (i do Energy Work/Readings and am a Healer ) there are some tablets of some sort that you have, i think that may help! what did you consume in the last 4 hours?
                        live mindfully.

Comment

• LOL ... bone broth. Not kidding. Plus a bunch of the meat & marrow & ... not kidding! ... bone meal! from the four cornish game hens I used to make the broth. And goat chili. And ginger tea.

I AM chronically Magnesium deficient, which is required to put Calcium in the right places.

Comment

LOL ... bone broth. Not kidding. Plus a bunch of the meat & marrow & ... not kidding! ... bone meal! from the four cornish game hens I used to make the broth. And goat chili. And ginger tea.

I AM chronically Magnesium deficient, which is required to put Calcium in the right places.
                            i'm positive, then, that that is it... i think the goat may have affected you a little as well... also, try to balance your body (unless you've already been doing so) with alkalizing foods--most importantly though is getting in enough of the Magnesium to assist with the Calcium... i sincerely feel that that would help out with a lot of "issues" you feel you may be having, health-wise eat a can of sardines with some magnesium supplements and call me in the morning LOL

i hope you feel better soon MG! xo
                            live mindfully.

Comment

• Whole40 Day 9: Meat, eggs, fats, non-starchy veggies, ferments (no dairy)

Food
                              B - broth & chicken & deli meat lightly simmered in it b/c I was dumb and forgot to make some soup last night for today.

L - corned beef, several mixed broths w/ kale & a bit of coco milk. Delicious. Then found out there's SUGAR in the darn corned beef. Grrr.

D - was all set to have bangers & mash(ed cauli). We usually have sausages on hand from our farmer, but were out, so I bought some from TJ's. today I noticed that they have BREADCRUMBS in them. Grrr. So I had more deli meat simmered in broth w/ kale again. Still yummy, but grr.

Ginger tea.

S - 3 raw egg yolks.

Avoid Poisons & Trauma
                              the bit o' sugar. Yes.

no, no, no.

8hrs, late sun, played on the playground with my kiddos, ran the school for three of them.
                              Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-17-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Oh, CoconutGirl, I'm going to get back into the Mg supplementation after a few more days on this GAPS diet intro - no supplements are introduced yet. Thanks for your thoughts!

I don't feel too bloated right now, but I'll know better when I stand up.

Comment

Working...
                                X