No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 159.75. And huge change in measurements head to toe from last week, for the first time in over a month. I can even tell that my neck roll (when I bend my head back) is gone, my face is definitely more normal again, and I can feel the top few vertebrae on my spine again!

I got hit on today - first time in a loooooong time. I thought the guy in the car was making noises to some kind of pet, and I looked over to see the pet and he was making the noises at ME! Crazy man hitting on a woman in a minivan... Last time I got hit on, I was in the Dollar store buying a pregnancy test for my fifth child ... I was like, Dude, I have four/five kids ... you have got to be kidding!!!!!

Oh, had

eggs in ghee & veggies

BBQ meat (~~ sauce), green beans w/ ssg, Brunswick stew (accidentally ate a bit of potato chunks I misidentified as lima beans and had mild belly cramps afterward ... coincidence?)

five guys burger w/ bacon & shrooms and no bun

homemade beef jerky. Was dying for something sweet and this hit the spot!
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 09-25-2010, 08:01 PM.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Look at you, rockin' the GAPS! I've only been here for a bit, but I just spent some time reading through your journal. Love your lifestyle...at home with the kiddies, trekking with the baby on your back in rhythm with your marching band beat...awesome.
      What's you're favorite way to eat liver, BTW?

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post

At 130 I'm buying a WHOLE FREAKING NEW WARDROBE b/c I haven't been there in almost 8 years and those clothes are not the epitome of style anymore!
        And you should!!! That's exactly what I will be doing! I've become so thrifty as I've gotten older that I've tamed my self-entitlement issues. But I've also learned that I have to take care of myself. And that means mentally as well as physically. I've learned that my self-esteem is tied directly to success in other areas of my life!
        Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
        Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
        Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• I guess I felt like slacking on the PBJ for a few days! Here we go again - was 160 Sun, 161 yesterday, 160.25 today, after having almond flour muffins (3! oops!) + thin sliver of cake on Sun and some PB+honey yesterday (always makes me bloat).

1. Eat lots of animals & plants. (No insects for me, thankyouverymuch!)
          Breakfast - 3 eggs in ghee w/ mixed bells & shrooms. Brkfst sausage.

Lunch - leftover steak & kidney pie (veggies, no crust). I used heart, too ... DaddyGrok called it Stake in my Heart Pie.

Dinner - Stuffed peppers (bf, liver, shrimp, veggies)

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
          yes! So much so that my legs hurt at some points, but I didn't even realize I was doing that much. Mental energy was AMAZING today... I'm praying this is something new for me (or rather, back to something I long ago used to have). I just wanted to do the things I needed to do, rather than sit.

3. Lift heavy things.
          Just bebes & iron skillets.

4. Run really fast once in a while.
          Goal: 1x/wk

5 & 7. Get lots of sleep & some sunlight (Goal: 15m peak sun).
          (have been either sleeping 9hrs or taking naps the last few days)
          8hrs.
          No sun.

6 & 10. Play & think.
          No playfor me, but close - I was fairly dancing this afternoon, in such a rare mood of so much internal energy. Educated children!

8 & 9. Avoid trauma & poisonous things.
          yerp.
          Last edited by MamaGrok; 09-28-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Thx, J4M!!

Rio - When we've had the liver in the freezer for <6mo, or maybe even just less than 3 months, we make classic liver & onions (thin slices marinated in lemon juice, membrane pulled off, s&p, pan-fry in hot butter/ghee for just 2-3 min per side, then serve with onions & sliced bell peppers that have been sauteed slow & low in butter till caramelized). After that, I thaw & throw it all in the food processor, freeze in 1/4lb baggies, and combine (VERY well) one baggie per pound of ground beef we cook for anything.

And I've done the cubes in broth thing and very much need to thaw some more and do that again!

I've also had it in scrapple, liver mush, panhaus/pon-hoss, and love it those ways, but they're usually anywhere from somewhat to very grain heavy (oats or cornmeal). Pate is alright in context, like on the right veggie or cracker (back in cracker days, lol!).

Oh, and I've loved the liverwurst I've had in restaurants!

My favorite was probably the pon-hoss. That's probably the cornmeal talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
              Pate is alright in context, like on the right veggie or cracker (back in cracker days, lol!).
              Had some pate awhile back; the vehicle was a piece of pickled rhubarb. Dang! Yum! It was so good!
              Thanks for all of your insight.

Comment

• Oh Pate'...... YUM!!!!!
                sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

Breakfast - 3 eggs in CO w/ shrooms.

Lunch - leftover Steak through my Heart stew. Leftover stuffed pepper innards. Bit o' PB & honey. Honey & garlic - got a thing in my throat.

Dinner - chicken soup w/ veggies, in two parts

a little

3. Lift heavy things.
                  just bebes.

7.5hrs
                  some sunlight

6 & 10. Play & think.
                  no play, not much thinking

yes

Yesterday was amazing for the boys. Esp. Mr. Resistant, who was cooperative and sunny. YOu could really tell that he was able to do what he should do, rather than be ruled by impulse & emotion. Amazing amazing. Can't say yet whether it'll stick, but this is the first day ever doing school where he didn't resist me every second of the way. He's finally having a chance to be himself, and not the internal conflictedness that has ruled him so far. This was the first day back doing school since starting GAPS.
                  Last edited by MamaGrok; 09-29-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Hey MamaGrok! Hope all is well on your end of the globe!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Howdy! I've been feeling lazy in the posting arena, but doing well. Food's good, feeling good.

161 Th
                      159 F
                      160 Sa

Found that if we cooked a pumpkin, and accidentally put it on 500 for the last 30 minutes or so, that it gets VERY VERY caramelized adn VERY VERY sweet. Yum ... but it's making the boys crazy. It's totally unsweetened, pure pumpkin, and they're going nuts over it, pitching sugar fits if they can't have an unlimited quantity. Wow, candida...

Comment

• Well, here's a very premature progress pic. I started in March at 185, bought some pants in early July that were too small still (I could squeeze in, but was afraid to ruin them by wearing them too soon) at 170, and tried them on again in August at 168. They fit perfectly. Two weeks later, they were falling off of me, at 167ish. That's when I took this picture.

Since then, I lost another pound, then 6lb in two weeks, then 4lb in one day (that'd be the gastroenteritis day, lol, but it stuck!). So I need to do a real progress pic soon, but I was really thrilled with the way these pants fit just two weeks after being a perfect fit!

ETA not sucking in and not stretching the pants out, lol, they were really that loose!

Comment

• good job, lady. that rocks.
                          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

• Way to go MamaGrok! Great inspiration for the rest of us!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Great job!
                              Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
                              Current: 155 - size 10/12
                              Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Comment

• Okay, no more journal laziness. I spent 3-4 days last week sick (gut pain), then had crazy fruit cravings the rest of the week. I think I'm not getting enough fat, since butter's out. I'm having ghee, but it's not yummy enough to just swipe a pat and scarf it down like I usually do mid-afternoon with butter, lol. So after consuming innumerable quantities of Lara bars this weekend, I'm back to accountability, lol.

I'm taking myself off fruit & honey again. See , feeling giddy just thinking about pb & honey. Not good. Candida begone!!!

Didn't weigh today, and won't until the bloating leaves again. :P

Breakfast - 3 eggs in 1T CO.

Lunch - ate a bit of cooked apple and really just don't feel hungry at all

Snack - uh oh, Pb & (100% fruit) jelly.

Dinner - more PB & jelly, sausage & shrimp, brussels sprouts, mashed cauliflower, gravy

no

3. Lift heavy things.
                                just bebes.

8hrs+
                                no sun

6 & 10. Play & think.
                                Play, no. Think, yes - as long as declining latin nouns qualifies.

Yes

Feel like I have a basketball in my belly. I'm getting DaddyGrok to hide the rest of the concentrated fruit sources in the house and going to have one whole fruit each of the next few days to taper back down. I cannot deal with fruit right now. It's making the voices LOUD again. Ugh.
                                Last edited by MamaGrok; 10-12-2010, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X