No announcement yet.

Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Crabbcakes! It does indeed warm my heart. Thanks for thinking of me!

I'm doing fine. Been going out a ton with new friends and just came home from a ladydate about an hour ago. Life is so good! We have another date tomorrow. She's really hot and awesome and she's extremely into me. We went to a new gay bar tonight after talking for like 5 hours, and gay dudes were buying us drinks. Good times were had by all!

I haven't been losing much weight lately because drinking has been interfering. I wish more bars had diet sodas! I've been enjoying myself, though. And frankly I think that's what's most important right now. Although, I did make an AWESOME cocktail recently: rootbeer float cocktails! It's cake vodka (or whipped cream vodka), diet rootbeer, and heavy cream. Tastes amazing and only like 2g carbs! Also amazing, but NOT low-carb: cake vodka white russians. They taste just like tira misu. <3 Incredible.

I'm still at like 194 lbs right now, which pretty much sucks, but whatever. Better than 260!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Good to hear that things are going so well, Gravyboat. Stop by when you can make time, because we miss you. And we'd like to hear all the fun stuff, too!

Comment

• Yay Gravy! Glad the ladydates are going well, and I'm totally with you that the social thing is important for you right now.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• OMG I LOVE tiramisu!

I am SO happy to hear that the friends and dating thing is totally going your way! We all knew your awesomeness, now others get to see it, too, and they are people YOU reciprocally like!

I have never heard of cake vodka - will have to look that one up, especially if you can make a tiramisu cocktail out of it. I have had a white russian, and liked it - sounds very promising. I have discovered a serious liking for Mike's Harder Lemonade in the summer and I like a good cocktail on holidays. There is a bottle of ice wine in my hutch hubby brought back from Jersey at my request a little while ago - will have to have that soon.

If you are drinking and are still at 194, you are still looking out for yourself. When you are ready, you will start in again on the weight descent. I agree - social thing at this point trumps.

Hubby is on his way back from Jersey and will arrive this evening - maybe it is time to see what else is in the liquor cabinet (I don't ever drink when hubby is gone - if I ever had to make a run for the emergency room with Third because hubby wasn't here to do it, it would be very, very bad to arrive smelling of C2-H6-O...), just as a welcome home.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• coo-eee
            Oi, Gravy, are you having too much fun to update? Hope so!
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Miss you, hope you're doing well. Check in sometime and let us know how things are going?
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Yo, Gravy!! I went to Germany and back (for real) since the last time I wrote in. Send us a one-liner and let us know you are just having too much fun to write much else right now, just so my worry-wart self won't worry-wart for another month, ja??
                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Hey lady It's been a while so I figured I would drop in and wish you well in whatever you have going on right now. I hope everything is the way you want it to be. Miss seeing your updates and all. Happy Christmastimes

Comment

• Happy Holidays Gravy! Miss You.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Happy Holidays, Gravy!!

Here at Crabbcakes Manor we are all healthy and warm and well-fed and succeeding in not getting stressed during the holidays (so far). Hope it is the same with you!

Thinking of you - Crabbcakes

Comment

• Hey Ms. LadyBear! I miss your posts and hope you're enjoying all the best bits of the holiday season.

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Hey guys! I'm doing ok. Sorry for not being around much! Been out living life. Had a friend who's been going through shit and I've been her main support, dated a girl for a while, went on a couple other dates, went to friends' families' houses for the various holidays, continuing to lose weight and get used to my new body, etc. It still shocks me to see my full-body reflection in windows, especially since my initial impulse is "Oooh, who's that??" and then.... oh, it's me! So that's nice.

Currently at 189 after Xmas, which is almost an accomplishment. Ate WAY TOO MUCH, but I was mostly good. A little brazen cheating, but for as much pure meat and butter as I ate, my macros were still probably right-on. I was admittedly hoping for 180 by NYE, and I'm not going to hit that, but it's a process and I'll get there eventually no matter what.

My newest goal is 145 by mid-late summer. But, I feel that may be semi-misguded. At this point I am wearing a 12, and while I don't look "thin", I look "normal". Most girls my age that I see are around my size now. I do actually want to be thin, but I feel that weight is less important now than fitness for achieving that goal. I mean, I do still have plenty of fat to lose, but if I want to look good naked and have a truly spectacular body, weight training and general exercise is the answer. So 145 is my loose goal, but it's not set in stone. I'll keep going until I'm completely (realistically) satisfied with my body, that's when I'll be "done" and will move into maintenance, no matter what weight I am at.

Lately I've been mostly hanging around r/keto on Reddit and their IRC channel. It's somewhat of a younger crowd for the most part (more like my age) and is more focused on low-carbing for ketosis, which is more what I've been doing lately. Also I like the chat format of IRC more than forums, because I can do other things while idling there instead of being on MDA all day long.

Things are going well, though! Hope you all had awesome holidays and are doing great.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Glad to hear you are doing so well! TBH, I don't understand Reddit at all. I've tried using it, but the format is just so different from other sites that I'm used to ><. I feel like a tech support failure haha.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Yay, some Gravyboat!

Comment

• I'm so glad you're doing well! It sounds like life is really feeling good these days. It's amazing to see the changes from when you started posting to where you are now. I miss you around here, but I'm happy your absence has been for positive reasons.

You rock.

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X