Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome! You look amazing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Either you need a new scale, or you're a real tight 197... Great progress, girl!

HB!

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
        Either you need a new scale, or you're a real tight 197... Great progress, girl!

HB!
        I'm actually extremely squishy. And look at my measurements, I'm still big! I feel lucky to have a decent shape, though.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Well, I think you look great, and most importantly you're heading in a good direction. Keep rockin' it, girl!

Comment

• On my way to the halloween party at the gay bar. How do I look?

Comment

• Enchanting.
              And those beads on your sweater are just begging to be touched. Very flirt-enhancing.
              I hope you had a great time.

Comment

• I did have a great time! I got see flamingly gay choir men doing the Thriller dance on stage in perfect formation and a 7ft tall drag queen dressed as Elvira. A couple people came and talked to me and I got a lot of smiles.

There were two ladies from choir there -- two of the only ones near my age. I'd never really talked to them before last night, but we had a great time! I guess they are dating. We stayed at the party for the costume judging and then went out to a diner and chatted for a long time. Then I got to go meet their new kitten. The one girl lives literally like 200ft from me, so I think she and I might end up hanging out in the future. Yay!

Comment

• Yay! New friends are awesome. Also, it sounds like it was a great party (and you look fantastic in that photo--you pull off red lipstick very well).
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• So glad that you had a nice time. You looked beautiful.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                      you pull off red lipstick very well.
                      Not really a talent I can honestly say I'm interested in possessing, but I'll take it.

It's funny about the makeup, though. I was telling people all night how applying liquid eyeliner is apparently just like riding a bike; it comes right back to you! And I'll admit it looked really good. I came home and didn't want to take it off.

Comment

• I feel like a little kid trying to get colouring right when I first go to put on makeup, and then I sort of remember what do do and manage to get things inside the lines. I put it on only a couple of times a year these days, but once upon a time I did my eyes daily (never really was a foundation/powder girl, though). I feel a little like I'm in drag when I do it now, but for stuff like weddings, it seems like the thing to do.

It's funny, because in other ways I do the feminine thing just fine--I like fun dresses, I have a fondness for interesting design and unusual jewellery, and I like shoes (but only wear flats). But makeup is something I've largely abandoned.

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Man, if I could just figure out liquid eyeliner to begin with, I'd love to have the riding-bicycle effect! My hands aren't steady and my eyelids flutter
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Man, if I could just figure out liquid eyeliner to begin with, I'd love to have the riding-bicycle effect! My hands aren't steady and my eyelids flutter
                            It honestly just takes practice. I got REAL good at it back when I was a goth.

^ Yep, that's actually me.

Comment

• Great Pic. I should post one of my punk days in the 80"s.

I think you should wear eyeliner every day just for yourself.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Hey Gravy!

nothing at all, I was just thinking friendly thoughts of you and decided to leave that sentiment in writing. Now doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart?
                                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
                                X