No announcement yet.

Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Against all reason, I'm back down to 197. Squishy as fuck, though, because I've been boozing and eating fancy chocolates and not giving a shit. I've got the water bloat going on in a bad way, but whatever. Been ending my nights with a bottle of cider and a chocolate, and it's been nice.

Back on a normal sleep schedule again, which is good. And still keeping up with dishes mostly. Made a vat of pulled pork last night, and eating that with onions and mayo. Keepin it classy.

"Feed me, Human."

The cats are doing well. Octavia's appetite has been pretty good lately. She woke me up at 3:30 this morning because she was hungry.... I told her to fuck off and tried to go back to sleep, but she kept waking me up every 15 minutes for the next 2 hours until I'd finally had enough. She hasn't had any intestinal issues in a while either, which is great, and the red sore-looking spots near some of her teeth seem much improved. I'm pleased! Now if only I could get them to eat organ meat and get off the baby food..

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Omg I love choir so much.

Our director was unhappy with one part of a song today. She couldn't figure out how to make it sound good. She felt it was too heavy/flat/awkward-sounding with the other parts around it, and was clearly frustrated. So I suggested we use a crescendo/decrescendo where it is light at the beginning/end and louder in the middle. And as soon as I said that she was basically like "OMG YES!!! PERFECT!!!!!!!" and so we tried it, and she was super pleased, and it sounded super good, and I got a round of applause. On the next song, she was teasing me. "We're going to do this a certain way, if that's okay with you, Gravy!" and I was like "Lol geez!!!" and it was fun.

Also they sang happy birthday to me today, which was so awesome.

More choir adventures: There is a lady there who has been having a rough time in her personal life lately, trying so hard to rope a particular job, and they keep jerking her around. I felt super bad and so I bought a bar of her favorite chocolate (Lindt 90%, she is paleo!) and gave it to her today. And she was soooo appreciative and she gave me a big hug. So that felt nice.

Now I have shepherd's pie on the stove and I'm about to eat dinner and watch a movie. It's been a good day! And tomorrow's my birthday.

Comment

• Happy Birthday! May this next year be full of more wonderful life changes. You Go Gravy!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Happy Birthday Gravyboat!
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Happy happy Gravy day to you! Congrats on surviving another trip around the sun.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Happy birthday friend!

Comment

• Many, many hip, hip happies to you. Hope you have a wonderful day followed by a year of happy surprises.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• happy birthday, gravy!!
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Hb, gb!
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks, everyone!!

I didn't meet my goal of 195 by my birthday, BUT I am at 197. That's 2lbs off from a weight I predicted in August. AND, I have been blowing my diet every day for over a week, so the fact that I am only 2lbs over is actually amazing. I probably have at least 2lbs of water bloat just from the extra carbs I've been eating, so I am not concerned at all. I've lost 8lbs in a month and a half instead of 10, which is seriously just fine with me.

I'll roll out some current measurements sometime today.

Comment

• Well, might as well do it now.

waist 33.5"
                        waist at navel 39"
                        hips 44.5"
                        thighs R: 27" L: 26"
                        calves R: 17.25" L: 17.25"
                        upper arms R: 15" L: 14.5"
                        forearms 11.25"
                        wrists 7"
                        neck 14"
                        Jesus, you guys! My waist is so tiny! It has never, ever been this small. And my navel measurement has never been below 40 before. Hooray! Compared to my measurements at 210, everything has shrunk between a half inch to an inch -- with the exception of my hips and thighs, which have lost disproportionately more than elsewhere. And that isn't surprising to me, because my stupid pants are so baggy it's driving me insane. Especially in the thighs, ugh. Luckily I am going shopping this weekend for new clothes! Hooray!

Also: "You have 24.7% body fat.
                        You have 48.7 Pounds of fat and 148.3 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)."

It's actually a little lower than that (should be like 24.2%) because I had to put in 45" for hips instead of 44.5". Accept decimals, damn you!

Comment

• Woo!

Last edited by Gravyboat; 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• You are looking great! Way to go!
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Foxxxy. Good work.
                              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• So proud of you for posting in the before and after thread too. Awesome.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X