No announcement yet.

Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they're back. I was just thinking how long it had been, since I've had to use the Triangle of Death.

Comment

• I see your oldschool Dolls and raise you some new A.Palmer (not the newest, though I have it on good authority that the new album is fantastic and I need to buy it!)
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• It is fantastic and you can get it for free!

Pay What You Want - Amanda Palmer
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          It is fantastic and you can get it for free!

Pay What You Want - Amanda Palmer
          I'm one of the folks who doesn't really need free...
          I'll pay full price to support the artist(s) and those who do wish to download the free version.
          I'm a weirdo true believer like that, especially since this is an independent venture and not supporting a huge record company conglomeration crapbag.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Oh definitely, if I had the money, I'd plop it down for her. Especially for what she's doing (making it independent and fan-driven). But I don't, so I am so, so, grateful for the free!
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Sorry for the journal hijack, Ms Gravy, but I effing love that woman. Neil Gaiman is a lucky man.
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Sorry for the journal hijack, Ms Gravy, but I effing love that woman. Neil Gaiman is a lucky man.
                I was just thinking about this the other day...

For me it's even bigger than that. He is also one of my favorite writers since forever...
                So it's like couple of the CENTURY for the Nerd-o (nerd/weirdo ) in me!
                And, honestly... I'm also just jealous of him too... because seriously... who **wouldn't want HER!

Bigger than any "Brangelina" hollyWOODs could ever be.
                Last edited by cori93437; 09-20-2012, 03:21 AM. Reason: Brain dead type-o OBVIOUSLY!!!
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  I was just thinking about this the other day...

For me it's even bigger than that. He is also one of my favorite writers since forever...
                  So it's like couple of the CENTURY for the Nerd-o (nerd/weirdo ) in me!
                  And, honestly... I'm also just jealous of him too... because seriously... who would want HER!

Bigger than any "Brangelina" hollyWOODs could ever be.
                  I know, right, my threesome from heaven (I'm not into Brad Pitt).
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I don't know what you people are talking about, so I'm just going to journal as usual.

I recently decided to switch my cats to raw because I cannot afford to buy them cat food anymore. This should be easier to swing financially because I can buy it with food stamps. So far, they do not like it very much. But it's only been a few days, so I think they'll take to it eventually.

Octavia ate turkey chunks today, and I was very proud of her. She also ate a pork chunk, but only because I put dry food on top of it. I don't think Genevieve ate anything this morning. She ate some raw pork chunks yesterday (and then immediately puked them back up) and then ate some cooked pork last night, but she won't eat pork again today. Who knows... I tried cooking some meat (turkey, beef, and pork) in bacon grease this morning and they still didn't like it. I think I might have to buy some wet food and transition them that way. But I hope not, because that shit's expensive.

My period is in that annoying dark leaky phase right now and the bloat will just not let go. Been at 201 the last two days inexplicably. I'm not wasting any brain power worrying about it, because it's not up to me. It'll go when it goes. I'm annoyed, but there's nothing I can do about it, so it's better to just ignore it and keep on doing what I do.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• I started by adding raw meat (whatever I was slicing up) to my cat's dry food, just a few little chunks at a time. Now she BEGS whenever I'm in the kitchen. She eats all her food, appetite is great, but she trips me up and meows incessantly. My cat also really likes meat juice (from the package/defrosted meat), and I think that turned her onto the flavors overall. She'll also guzzle down any dry food that has had olive oil drizzled on it. I don't know if that much fat is bad for cats, though. I'm wondering how much cheaper it would really be to switch her to raw food, and if she'd end up losing some fat (still very round, almost looks like it's bloat, but she still feels like 12 lbs to me).
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Hmm. That's a good suggestion; I'll try dripping meat juice on their food and adding just a chunk at a time. I don't have much dry food left, though, and I really don't want to buy another whole bag just to transition them off, so I'm nervous about "wasting" dry food if they decide they don't want to touch it with stuff in it.

Genevieve feels bloated to me too, although she only weighs 10lbs. The skin on her back is super taut. With Octavia, you can literally grab an entire handful of back skin (and she loves it, too). On Genevieve, you can barely pinch her skin at all.

Comment

• Any way you can get a small bag? I feed my cat Nature's Variety (chicken is cheapest) and they have a few different bag sizes.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• I don't think so. I buy cat food at a gay-owned local pet shop near my house and they don't carry smaller bags of Blue Wilderness. Petco doesn't carry them either, strangely. The smallest bag I can get is 5lbs, and that's $25. If I have to, I'll just buy some wet. It'd be cheaper than buying more dry, and I really want to get them off that stuff.

Update: Genevieve ate pork chunks mixed with dry food. And she didn't puke afterward! Progress.

Also, I'm thawing chicken thighs for later. Genevieve slurped up a bowl of chicken breast trimmings a couple weeks ago, so I think she'll probably eat thighs.

Comment

• I love your cats names, btw.

$25 for 5 lbs? yeesh. Nature's Variety is $20 for 14 lbs. I don't know how it compares to Blue Wilderness though.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Unfortunately, Genevieve is better known as Gentlebeeps (or simply Beeps) around these parts. Mostly because she never shuts up. I tried to give them both names that couldn't be shortened, but it didn't work.

Blue Wilderness is one of the best-quality dry foods, but it's still 40% carb, which I just think is unacceptable. My cats are obligate carnivores, but they eat significantly more carbs than I do, and it's all processed. That's just wrong. I wouldn't eat that myself, so I just don't feel comfortable keeping my cats on it. Now that I am able to spend the time and energy doing raw, I think it's imperative that I do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X