No announcement yet.

Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I stayed up wanting to finish the end of a book I really like. By the time I was on the last few pages I noticed the sun was coming up. Whoops.

Also, I guess that was a bit melodramatic. The curry wasn't ruined, it just wasn't quite as incredible as it usually is. I used too much fish sauce this time because I was only cooking up a half-portion but added just as much as usual, so it was too salty, which meant I had to try and balance the other flavors around it. So it just ended up being.. a little overly-flavored. After it cooked down a bit more and the vegetables absorbed more of the flavor it was basically fine.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Well, fuck! My bra FINALLY arrived and it is too small. I mean, the size is what I ordered (38F, because Cacique cup sizes are wack -- their F is everyone else's G, though some companies do FF and some do E and some do DDDD and fucking whatever, etc). But, so anyway, it is too tight around the band, too tight over the shoulders even adjusted as loose as they'll go, and a little small in the cups as well. I could barely even fasten it around my natural waist, which currently is at 36". It's a 38. It should fit!

Sigh.. Oh well. I have a 40DD bra I've been wearing. I bought it back when I was like 14 (God, really? But yes, there are pictures of me wearing it then to confirm) and it's been following me around since then. I have no idea why I even still have it, but I'm currently thankful I never threw it out. Unfortunately, it's a shimmery baby pink and I despise it. It also doesn't fit super well because it is both stretched out and not my size. But it functions as a bra for right now. The new one will probably fit in a month or so, and at that point I will have a perfect-fitting bra waiting for me. So it's fine, it wasn't a waste of money. And aside from every dimension of it being TOO SMALL, the cups are in good proportion, so my measuring was not off. It's just like the whole thing shrunk. To be fair, I am also retaining water and may have actually gained fat as well when I suddenly started eating more this week. But that will pass, and then I'll drop below 220.

So anyway, whatevs, the bra will fit later. No big deal.

Now I'm waiting for my new paisley sheets in the mail~~ Exciting! I love getting packages. I rarely buy big things, in general, but I have an unfortunate tendency to nickle and dime myself to death with small online purchases. Glass teacups, clearance clothes, supplements, incense, small handmade things for my apartment, cat brushes, D&D dice, apple-scented massage oil, yarn, overpriced fluoride-free organic lemon toothpaste, etc. This shit all costs under $10, but it's always exciting anyway. Feels like Xmas. I estimate that I have something on its way to me in the mail probably around 30-40% of the time, averaged out, looking back over the past few years.

And, honestly, at least my taste runs cheaper than it used to. I once spent over $250 just on sex toys in only one month.
      Last edited by Gravyboat; 06-06-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Hm yeah, at maximum stretch in my hands I can't get this bra past 36".

Oh well, I'll just treat it like a 36H.

Shit, my breasts were supposed to get smaller, not bigger..

Comment

• I'm seriously sitting at 226 right now. Not cool.

I need to start exercising again.. I haven't done it in too long. Been so tired. I got into bed early last night (but couldn't fall asleep until after midnight..) and forgot to feed my cats, so I woke up today with a cat shit in my bed to the sound of them chewing a hole in their food bag. Wonderful.

Comment

• Do you have any walking/exercise partners around? I find it pretty difficult to motivate myself when I'm at home...which I am...a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
              Do you have any walking/exercise partners around? I find it pretty difficult to motivate myself when I'm at home...which I am...a lot.
              No. In fact, the friend that I was going to the gym with has basically dropped out of my life. It would be nice to find an exercise partner, but I am nervous about the fact that women usually only go to the gym to run on treadmills, which I am NOT interested in.

There is a crossfit gym near me that offers really cheap beginners classes (like seriously $5 per class), but it'd be kind of a pain in the ass to get to and I would rather go WITH someone. Like you said, it can be hard to self-motivate when you're alone in your house. Inertia, etc.

Comment

• 233lbs today.

Warning: Gross stuff.

Been feeling like I have a rock in my gut, right above my belly button. That usually means I'm dangerously stopped up and need to employ some enema technology. I usually have the same feeling when it's been 1-2 weeks since I last defecated. But I've been going more or less normally lately. A few strange things: The other day I had some really bad and sudden waves of pain coming from my left upper abdomen and radiating to the right, along with some mid-back and abdominal cramps. I decided that it was probably poop-related and so I got on the throne and coaxed some very sticky/pastey stuff out. The rock sensation remained, though, and was particularly bad last night. Like, my belly was visibly distended and felt hard. Today I woke up and got two thin poops. Feeling less distended today, thankfully.

So anyway, I'm wondering if I have a blockage that some stuff just managed to get past. Maybe I'll take an enema today after all. If I start feeling distended or in pain again I will definitely.

Today is chicken soup day, though. Let's hope that cures what ails me.

Comment

• Sounds like you need... iodine!

Seriously, 1-2 weeks sometimes? Wow. I've missed a day maybe... once the past five years? Usually have a good one first thing in the morning, one in early evening, and sometimes a couple of bonus clearouts.

Do you think your gut flora is healthy? Used a lot of antibiotics, perhaps? Do you take probiotics and eat fermented foods?

Comment

• Man, I was up to 75mg/day of iodine at one point. I'm currently doing 25mg/day (10 drops, taken with my supplements).

And yeah, I have always had trouble with infrequency. My mom is the same way, so maybe it's some sort of genetic malabsorption problem or something. Once every 2-5 days is normal for me, both on CW and Primal. I have gone up to two and a half weeks without going, but that gets kind of uncomfortable, both physically and psychologically ("I'm still eating, so where is it all going??!?? AHHHH!!")

I haven't been on antibiotics for years and I don't even use antibacterial soap. Probiotic pills don't seem to do anything at all. I don't really eat dairy anymore so I don't ever eat yogurt or anything. I eat pickles all the time, but they're commercial pickles, so vinegar-based with no cultures.

Right now, I'm pretty sure the only thing making me go at all is magnesium pills. I take 500mg a day, sometimes double that if it's "been a while". I can tell if I've taken too much because my output becomes a little too soft, but it's never liquidy. I enjoyed bran cereal in my previous life because that helped immensely, but I can't do that anymore.
                    Last edited by Gravyboat; 06-08-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Ouch! That sounds really uncomfortable. I sometimes have minor backup issues, but some tea or coffee daily seems to work for me.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Yeah, it seems like most people have a food that always works to make them go. For my dad, it's bacon grease. Lucky him.

I've also heard that bananas do it for some people. Wish mine wasn't wheat bran!

Comment

• POOL DAY!!! The pool opens today and I'm going to go swim!

I also hope to buy a big container for composting today. My fingers have blisters on them from shredding cardboard for hours yesterday. I found a reasonably cheap website to buy worms, though. The whole setup is going to cost close to $50, but I won't have to just throw out my vegetable scraps anymore, and that makes me feel good. I also don't have anything to DO with the compost I will make, because my apartment gets so little sunlight I doubt I can actually grow anything. But even if I just go dump the compost somewhere outside, at least my vegetable peelings will help nourish the earth and not putrefy in a landfill.

I know that, realistically, I should probably not shell out $50 to make compost that I do not even have a use for. But it would make me feel good. Producing less waste, doing something fun, learning skills, etc.

Comment

• Went swimming for a couple hours and got my compost bins! Also got some bones at the market. Need to buy some actual meat though, and I totally forgot. Oh well, I have enough for 4-5 more days. I just didn't feel like eating any of the meat I saw. I don't feel like eating food.. Nothing sounds good.

I guess when I go back I should get a pork butt, some spare ribs (suuuper cheap at the gay pork stand, omg, like $2.99/lb), ground chuck, some chickens.. The gay pork stand also has andouille sausage that they make themselves. Maybe I should get some of that. Gay pork! Pork pride!

Oh, I also got some celeriac. I'm going to mash it and put it on top of shepherd's pie. I'll let y'all know if it's any good.

Comment

• Ugh, I am getting really sick of this. I keep getting EXHAUSTED in mid-afternoon, and then at night I'm not tired at all. I currently can barely keep my eyes open. I just got up a couple hours ago but I'm so tired right now I feel like I'm going to pass out. This has been happening for a while now and I'm real tired of it, no pun intended.

Comment

• Are siesta practical for you? Maybe you should just go with it. Perhaps your mind wants you to have midnight inspiration for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X