No announcement yet.

Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 227 today, 36" waist, 49.5" hips. (My period's gone so I think that's why I suddenly dropped several pounds)

Went to the farmers market and bought vegetables for this week, and these adorable little yellow pears (and got to see the cute dyke at the egg/cheese counter <3). Then went to the grocery store to pick up other stuff. The grocery store only had light coconut milk, blech! I want curry super bad so I bought it anyway, but I was pissed. Hopefully the store managers realize what's up, because they had two types of light coconut milk that were totally untouched, and then one type of regular coconut milk that was totally sold out. I hope they get their ass in gear and stock more of it in the future.

I've been doing stretches lately to try and fix my spinal lordosis, and it always looks better right after I stretch, but maybe that's just because I'm looking for it. Last night I did stretches, and then also got on my skateboard for a game of Tetris and 3 episodes of Star Trek Voyager. I'm going to give the skateboard another shot this summer, which means I'm back to building up those muscles (calves mostly, I'd guess, but I feel it most in my ankles). So I'm going to be balancing on the board a lot until I can do it without thinking. THEN I'll work on actually rolling on it. Figured out that I balance better riding goofy (right foot in front), so I'll be focusing on that. By the end of the last episode I was able to balance on the board on just my right foot, while crouched down as much as possible (basically doing one-footed squats on the board -- I felt the burn). Was also able to balance on the back wheel enough to turn the board without falling off (much), but I need a lot more practice.

I gotta find a place I can practice outside later where I won't bother anyone. I think Cove Park or the CVS parking lot would both work. I need to scope out the asphalt at the park though, and also I would be kind of nervous about the middle school kids laughing at me (an "old" fat woman trying to skateboard and being super bad at it). Oh, there is also the parking lot behind the abandoned gay grocery store, and the parking lot at Sapell's. Well, I'll figure something out. Lots of options, at least. It's nice to live near so many crappy businesses with empty parking lots. There's hills nearby too, when I'm ready for that. And, when I'm actually good (whenever that is), there is a skate park just a mile and a half from me. I checked it out last summer; it looks pretty nice.

Skateboarding seems so much more fun and interesting than walking or (god forbid) jogging, and more fun than biking too, and it is really good exercise. And skateboards are compact and lightweight, unlike bikes. So it won't get stolen since I can keep it with me and never have to chain it up outside (or haul it up to the 4th floor, ugh). I hope I can get good at it!
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• 231lbs, 35.75" / 49.25"...

I weigh more but my measurements are less..? What is the deal with my body. I feel less squishy today and my body looks more firm as well. But I weigh more? Whateverrrr. I ate two bowls of chicken soup yesterday in rapid succession and was UNCOMFORTABLY FULL and also I walked around at the market some and played on the skateboard. Don't think that would contribute to a 4lb overnight gain though.. Who knows!

I'm getting consistently better at the skateboard. Did more balancing last night and this morning and it's getting easier every time. Looks like I'll need to go outside with it pretty soon. (Scary!)

[Edit] Oh, I had a piece of hard candy (root beer candy!) yesterday on a whim. It was delicious but it very quickly and very obviously messed up my blood sugar. Within minutes, my vision was going black when I stood up and I felt dizzy, like I was spinning, even when sitting down. Not good! I wonder if that contributed to the gain?

I still have two full candy dishes in my apartment from pre-primal. I'll be keeping it there for guests, because it's a shame to just throw it out and I do like having something out for guests, but I guess I won't be eating it myself. Fine with me!

It scares me that, in the past, I used to ignore my intense hunger pangs and eat a piece of candy instead because "It's only 25 calories!"... I used to get pretty bad hypoglycemia symptoms when I was hungry and thought eating a piece of candy helped. Ughhhh I'm glad I got wiser.
      Last edited by Gravyboat; 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• I have to wonder...why is it a shame to throw it out?
        Why do you want to feed your guests something that is bad for you? (And bad for them. Some people tolerate foods others can't, like dairy so it could be said to be good for some, not others. But I've never heard ANYONE saying, 'Candy, it's so good for me!')

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          I have to wonder...why is it a shame to throw it out?
          Why do you want to feed your guests something that is bad for you? (And bad for them. Some people tolerate foods others can't, like dairy so it could be said to be good for some, not others. But I've never heard ANYONE saying, 'Candy, it's so good for me!')
          You're right, it's not good, and I don't feel entirely comfortable feeding people candy. But I do like having something in a dish for guests, and I like being able to show off my antique candy dishes. And those candies are pretty delicious. They are old-fashioned candies made with natural ingredients. I guess I could switch to nuts or cut fruit if I have time to prepare before they come over (I usually don't -- it's usually we come back to my place after being out together). The nice thing about hard candy is that it can sit in a dish for months and not go bad. I guess that's also the bad thing about it, though. (Real food decays over time. It's not real food if it can sit in a dish for months.)

Comment

• 232 today (from 227 at my lowest..), 35.5" / 49.25"

I've been doing body weight and free weight exercises so I hope that explains my weight having gone up. I normally bloat for a few days after "working out" so I guess that's what's happening. I'm going to keep exercising though.

Unfortunately, I've also been eating more sugar, which is somewhat more likely to be the problem. I bought fruit the other day (bananas, apples, and pears) and have been eating them, in addition to maple syrup and chocolate. Have also been getting the hypoglycemic black-outs again. Yesterday I tracked out my intake for the day and it had my carbs around 100g, fat at 90g, and protein at 80g. That's not a good ratio. I'm out of bananas now, and out of chocolate, so I'll be limiting to one small piece of fruit a day, and no syrup until I run out of fruit. I let myself slip so it's time to get strict again.

Comment

• 234lbs today (why!), 35" waist, 49.5" hips.

Took additional measurements because I wanted to check my body fat percentage. It's now at 28.4%. "You have 66.5 Pounds of fat and 167.5 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)."

navel = 42" (started at 47.5")
              thigh = left is 29" and right is 29.5"
              calves = 18.5" (started at 19")
              wrist = 7" (started at 7.5")
              upper arms = 16.25" (Yay! Started at around 19.5")
              forearms = 12"

Comment

• Ok, my throat is back to how it was a couple weeks ago when I had to go to the doctor. I woke up today with hard lump in my throat that I couldn't swallow down. Also, I didn't have a voice when I woke up. Could only whisper. Took a mucinex but it did not help much. It went away for a couple weeks so I don't know why it's back now.

Things that I have recently done that may have triggered it: I ate peanut butter last night before bed (along with an apple), and had 1 milk chocolate. I also didn't drink a lot of water yesterday.

We'll see what happens. If I have a peanut allergy now, I am going to cry.

Comment

• Oh no. Bummer. Hope you find an answer soon.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Let's hope it is the lack of water. Pump it back for the next few days! Dehydration can cause many and diverse symptoms.

Comment

• I ate the same stuff last night, only I made sure to brush my teeth afterward, and today my throat is mostly fine. I can talk fine and I don't have a huge distracting lump. Just a tiny lump. I'm going to drink more water today and not eat anything sugary before bed. I wonder if it's a candida problem.

Comment

• Ok, I threw out the hard candy today. And replaced it with Lindt 60% dark chocolate truffles. Shit, those things are real tasty. And each one has less than 4g of sugar. So it's not that bad. Certainly less bad than hard candy (which is just straight-up flavored sugar, and that's it). These things are mostly saturated fat (cocoa butter and coconut oil). Not bad. I feel ok about offering them to guests.

I also bought 6 bars of 90% dark chocolate because they were on sale for $2 each. It is a lot more bitter than the 85%. But, I thought the 85% was pretty bitter when I first tried it too, so I'm pretty sure I'll adjust. I'm hoping that by adjusting to the bitterness of higher-cacao chocolate gradually I will also be able to tolerate black coffee, which I have always seen as badass and desirable. It seems like one of those hardass-little-old-man sorts of things, and I want to be hardass and cool too. (Of course, I have no desire whatsoever to adjust to the taste of alcohol. I guess I have my priorities mixed up for someone in their 20s.. Nothing new there!)

Comment

• Yay! And I bet the truffles look beautiful in the candy dishes.
                          My one candy dish is a silver one from my grandmother, with a lid. It will be hiding the extra Easter candy from sight after today(if it doesn't all get eaten up by the family today. I bought the bare minimum to fill half the eggs, and put quarters in the rest.)
                          I used to have candy around as a regular thing, so I consider getting it at just the "candy holidays" a step forward. This last Halloween, though, neither of my at-home children went trick-or-treating! Yay! And we cut back on the Christmas chocolate, and no one noticed. I see a (mostly) candy free holiday as a possibility in the future. By mostly I mean one special thing as a treat, not bags of it just because it is available in cute holiday colors.

Comment

• What the fuck, body! I'm up to 236lbs now for no reason! That's a 9lb gain from where I was! My measurements are up too. 36"/49.5". I'm doing light exercise (skateboard and weights) every day, I walked a mile the other day, and I'm still eating fine. I cut back on sugar (no more maple syrup), switched to 90% chocolate, no more fruit. I'm drinking a lot of water. Still taking supplements. Wtf!! My body is so squishy right now it's insane. My belly feels like a blob of jell-o. My fingers disappear easily into my fat. This is so dumb and irritating. What is going on!!

Comment

• 237 today. 36" / 49.5"

Been so fucking angry lately, for little reason. Today my cats woke me up at least 5 fucking times and I laid in bed so angry I was trembling and suppressing the urge to scream. Same thing happened yesterday. I blew off seeing my friend yesterday because I was just pissed and didn't feel like it, and I got uppity with my dad when all he did was send me a nice email.

I don't know what's going on but I hate it. I do not like being angry, especially when it's for no reason. I do not like gaining weight, especially when it's for no reason. And I do not like being woken up by fluffy little assholes chasing each other with claws out on hardwood floors.

DESTROY

Comment

• Whoa. Cannot think of a thing to say that would be helpful. Hope it passes soon, I guess. Good luck, we're thinking of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X