No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (thorN)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fasting didn't feel too hard today---no painful hunger pangs, could have fasted longer if I'd wanted to. I had a cup of coffee so I was a bit jittery. Drank tea and water to keep my belly feeling fuller. Broke my fast with 3 egg, 2 bacon + mushroom omelette.

Went to the gym and did an arms workout (sprained ankle) while fasted. I did some deep breathing during my reps---I normally hold my breath and grunt---it seemed to make me stronger.

My belly isn't disappearing unfortunately, although I'm getting more muscle. I figure it'll take a while to get ripped and some more IF. Perhaps my body just needs to do it's thing, heal, before the fat disappears. Right now I'm stressed emotionally and doing exams, trying to get as much sleep as possible and keep exercising.

Planning on getting some VFFs and hiking across the nearby countryside (we have a national park [like a State Park] nearby) this summer.

Last week I ate a pizza and drank white wine (1.5 glasses Pinot Grigot) to celebrate my cousin's birthday (we went out to an Italian restaurant). The next day I felt awful---could hardly move, like the worst hangover. That lasted a couple of days. I'll never eat pizza again---I prefer salad these days anyway.
    thorN's Primal journal

Comment

With exams over my university degree is complete---a major source of stress removed!

* 2 bacon, 2 egg, 2 sausage + veg (fried)
      * 2 beef burgers + salad in balsamic
      * Rare rump steak + veg

Last night I saw some family friends who haven't seen me in a while; they were amazed how much I've changed.

Feeling quite energetic considering I've been sleep deprived recently.

I did some dumbbell chest presses at the gym for a change, 16 kg in each hand, because my ankle is sprained. Also did some dips. As for avoiding the sedentary life, I've hardly stopped moving recently it seems.
      thorN's Primal journal

Comment

Unless you've changed significantly since your earlier posted pictures, I wouldn't worry about a scale's number. Focus on how you look to yourself in the mirror and enjoy being healthy. Keep up the hard work bud, you're doing pretty well from what I can tell.

Comment

burgers.jpg
          Beef burgers, salad, fried onions
          thorN's Primal journal

Comment

Not much to report, still exercising and eating (miore-or-less) according to the primal blueprint.
            I'm sleeping late in the day---finished uni. Lots of cheating recently because I've been travelling around, celebrating graduation etc.
            thorN's Primal journal

Comment

Status update

Health

On medication for stomach acid. Switched medication once---PPIs were making me feel ill. Have felt bad in the stomach, a bit tired and sick for the last couple of months.

I've been sun-bathing a lot! I'm going to Spain soon---even more sun!

Vital statistics
              • Weight 140 lbs
              • Body fat proportion: 13.6%

Food

Lots of un-primal fare due to circumstances: money, staying with family (just graduated).

Breakfast: eggs, sausage, bacon, black budding, mushroom, red pepper, tomato, onion, garlic.
              Meals: as much meat as possible, various curries (Thai, Indian) and stir-fries, usually made using jars and packets.

I eat liver once per week and as much fish as I can get my hands on.

Sleep

Plenty of sleep, generally. Learned importance of taking a few hours to unwind at night, reading in a relaxed (plainly decorated), tidy room.

Stress

Bad times, life problems. Emotional dislocation.

Playing with my son can be very therapeutic---I have a bad habit of doing too much---I'm learning to take it easy. Sometimes it's OK to stay in and do... nothing! Just playing with toys is fine. We don't need to rush all over town.

I've been reading a lot, too. It's all about finding something interesting---go to the library!

Exercise

I'm doing Primal Blueprint Fitness (PBF)
              • pistol squats with 6 kg dumbbells.
              • 36 push-ups (maximum in one PBF cycle)
              • three full chin-ups
              • lots of planks, including side up-and-downs

I've had a lot of breaks due to health problems, sometimes as much as two weeks without an intense workout when I've been travelling.

I generally walk and move around a lot, although I've spent a lot of time in bed recently. I just spent a week in Edinburgh and walked all over the city---exhausting!

Haven't sprinted for a while, must get back into this.

Progress photo

IMG_0074.jpg
              IMG_0072.jpg

Goals
              • get stronger, do a set of full pull-ups
              • heal chronic sore throat
              • lower body fat percentage
              • more energy
              • no more aching back
              • better mood
              Last edited by thorN; 08-24-2012, 06:49 AM.
              thorN's Primal journal

Comment

Working...
              X