House of Thin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping by to say hello.

I watched the "Superskinny Me" from your link. Rather interesting, and depressing at the same time. I really felt for the woman who really started showing signs of developing an eating disorder. Funny though, even though the one gal "succeeded" at reaching the size 0 (and was happy to go back to living her life normally at a higher weight), it made me think of the many posts and posters on MDA who seem to be obsessing over every tiny crumb and morsel of food, agonizing over the macros, and in general, seem to be miserable throughout the process. I dunno. Maybe it's just me thinking that
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Hey Greensprout cute avatar.

No no, it can get really obsessive. I felt bad for the girl that fell apart in that experiment. They shouldn't have put her on that when she seemed so insecure in the first place. Recipe for disaster.

It's a touchy subject that the other "succeeded" too, but interesting that she only succeeded through miserable amounts of exercise and starvation.
      Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

^^I don't do scales, too many variables you never know exactly what you're measuring. The day before yesterday I took a tape measure and measured the thickest part of my saddlebags so that over time I can keep checking back to see if they are shrinking.

Comment

Originally posted by kcarol View Post
          Hey Greensprout cute avatar.
          thanks . I suppose I should update that one of these days, it's from nearly 2 years ago at Notre Dame Cathedral when hubby and made it to Paris minus kids!

Oh, and did you watch all 5 parts? I posted the first part. I DID feel bad for the girl that fell apart in that experiment. They shouldn't have put her on that when she seemed so insecure in the first place. Recipe for disaster.

It's a touchy subject that the other "succeeded" too, but interesting that she only succeeded through miserable amounts of exercise and starvation. I can't believe she ate a piece of cake right away too! The much starvation and I thought the cake would make her sick.
          I did watch all 5 parts. Kind of like a trainwreck. Fascinating and disturbing all at the same time. I agree about the mess of conflicting information out there. Low carb/VLC/leptin/carb cycling etc. Trial and error, I suppose. I'm kind of in maintenance mode it seems, in a good place but know that it can be better with less jiggle, but haven't given myself the big push to take off those last 10 or so lbs. I'll get there, but need to get the stress and sleep thing under control first.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

PSMF Failed. Oreos eaten. Bah!

Picture 1.jpg

Really bad day. Remember to only eat 1 protein burger from In-n-out, no cheese. The 2 cheeseburgers made me stuffed.

Comment

^^^Lol I had a flu this last week and you know how when you're really sick you fixate on like, one food and that is all you want and the idea of anything else grosses you out? Well for me that thing was oreos so on the worst day I ate a box of Doublestuf!

Comment

Day 23

Plagued by oreo night cravings.

Picture 1.jpg
                Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I had pumpkin soup from Whole Foods. I LOVE that soup, but I think there's canola oil in it. When it comes to primal-ish premade foods, canola oil I've found hard to avoid. I also find it hard to believe it's 70 calories a cup for that soup.
                  I love those soups from WF, too but it's maddening that they don't list their ingredients on the label!

p.s. I want hair like the hair of the girl in your icon.
                  || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
                  My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
                  AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Comment

Originally posted by kcarol
                    Oh ass fat, oh ass fat, where did you go?

Oh ass fat, oh ass fat, I miss you so...

Oh ass fat, oh ass fat, this is my plight,

But why, oh why, did you leave the cellulite?
                    LOL omg soooooooo true!!!!

Comment

He wouldn't be spending the money if he didn't want to! Let him be your hero and relax and have a great time!
                      || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
                      My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
                      AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Comment

Well..just think about your heart and the guy not accepting you for you..then,if you still feel you want to hang out with him..let him spend the cash..it's the least thing he can do after being so mean..just remember..the longer you stay the more difficult it will be to get out of it!

Comment

If anyone reads this, feel free to respond:

Gentlemen, what do you think?

Muscular/toned...

That model thin look...(she's actually approaching scrawny)

Beautiful curves...

Healthy...(just my idea of the inbetween)
                          Hello there. I know this is an old post but I'm enjoying an unproductive day here at work browsing the boards. As far as body type goes, they all look damn good. IMO, a woman can be sexy with any body type....its all about self-confidence.

Comment

^^ OH what a perfect response! Where do you live and do you want to get dinner sometime? :P

Anyway, I haven't updated the past week because I was on Spring Break break. And by break there were hotels with $15/day wi-fi access I was too cheap to purchase. I felt stranded in this weird post-apocalyptic world where I could still get room service.

Part of the vacation was spent in Vegas, and for my trangessions I lay to rest in Vegas. As my friend says, "No carb left behind..."
                            Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliophile View Post
                              He wouldn't be spending the money if he didn't want to! Let him be your hero and relax and have a great time!
                              Good point! If you didn't see my earlier post though, as anjelevil mentioned...he has his bad points.

So I sat down with him at the end of this week and had a long talk. I confessed to him how I felt about the things he's said about my appearance, how I don't feel so connected with him physically because of it, etc.

So I told him I need a break. At least 3 months before I even see him again. I said I need time to get myself together, think about the kind of guy he is (shallow and non-committal) and decide whether or not I'm ok with that. I told him he could see other people if he wanted to during this time.
                              Last edited by kcarol; 05-06-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

UMIM: Healing Foods Pyramid | University of Michigan Health System

Chicken breast without skin is super bland if you don't season it right, but that's about as lean as you can get.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X