No announcement yet.

House of Thin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks pig almost sounds like an insult (lol) but hope you understand.
    Last edited by kcarol; 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't make any committments with him at this point. I don't know if sex is involved, but if you aren't comfortable with your body, I don't think it should be (listen to me, being all matronly, I'm only 23 haha). Even just 5 years sexually active, I can tell you that when you aren't comfortable with yourself, the sex will never be as good as it could be! But outside of sex, lack of self-confidence or appreciation for your own image will reflect on a relationship, even if the guy isn't a shallow douche (sorry, but that's how I feel about him) like this guy. I would not give him the time of day, he sounds incredibly manipulative. It's not as though you don't already know you have things you'd like to improve on yourself, right? If he was simply being supportive and had never said anything like that, I'd say he sounds like a fairly nice guy. And I don't know, if you don't feel butterflies over the guy, I'd move on. I trust my gut with these kinds of things. I've been involved with two guys that I initially wasn't comfortable with or didn't like and then "got over" for some reason or another and both times it ended pretty poorly.
      Depression Lies

Comment

well

I am coming here to say my piece,hope you don't mind.
        If you are feeling uncomfortable in your body you want to be with a guy that makes you feel wonderful despite having insecurities..this in turn will make you feel more comfortable in yourself.
        Who is any man to tell you your body is questionable?
        As women we allow these things to slide by because we are insecure and think that no one will love us..let's just over look that because so many other things are so great about them..we are just so lucky to have been able to land a guy..it's bullshit.
        A relationship is about loving someone unconditionally..to support and to encourage..not to tell someone something about them is questionable.
        It's only my opinion but I think you are a smart woman and someone would be lucky to have you..and that means all of you at whatever size you are!

Comment

OMG what an effing dick. I don't know how you can feel anything about him at this point and I would relegate him to either just friends or possibly even frenemy. Seriously, you cannot be in a romantic relationship with him- he's not that in to you and will never treat you right. You will always feel there is something off in the situation and it won't work. I had my moments when I was your age and for sure that kind of crap can really stick with you and mess you up. If I were you, I'd work on you for a while- tweak your diet, train, work, go to school, whatever- don't waste your time on some superficial jerk who puts you down. Definitely don't sleep with him whatever you do.

I'm kind of an extremist, I think you should start an intermittent fasting protocol stat. Maybe spend some time at the Bulletproof Exec website. Men are clear about the need to be bulletproof but for some reason girls aren't as quick to catch on:
          The Bulletproof Executive

Maybe also you should read your vedic chart. You need to figure out who is who and why things are happening. You need to figure yourself out. Go to astro.com and draw the chart up as sidereal. Then go to this site and hack it out:

http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/bAstrHom.htm
          Last edited by fiercehunter; 03-08-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks

fiercehunter -

You are amazing. You sound like another friend of mine. Straight to the point. If there's one thing I respect it's honesty.

And I just found Bulletproof Executive yesterday. I'm planning to read more of it. I'll probably start his IF with some bulletproof coffee soon, as soon as I run out to the store and get higher-quality coffee and butter.

Thanks hun.
            Last edited by kcarol; 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anjelevil View Post
              I am coming here to say my piece,hope you don't mind.
              If you are feeling uncomfortable in your body you want to be with a guy that makes you feel wonderful despite having insecurities..this in turn will make you feel more comfortable in yourself.
              Who is any man to tell you your body is questionable?
              As women we allow these things to slide by because we are insecure and think that no one will love us..let's just over look that because so many other things are so great about them..we are just so lucky to have been able to land a guy..it's bullshit.
              A relationship is about loving someone unconditionally..to support and to encourage..not to tell someone something about them is questionable.
              It's only my opinion but I think you are a smart woman and someone would be lucky to have you..and that means all of you at whatever size you are!
              How did I miss this! You know, I am young, young enough to be confused about how to handle it. Should I settle with this, letting go of a notion of romanticism I'm not even sure exists? That's all I've been wondering.

As far as I've gone, I've told him this: "Don't expect too much of commitment from me if you feel that way."

So things have been slow and casual. I'm not too deep in commitment. The situation reeks of all types of wrong. You sound right. Thanks.

Comment

Well,
                If you are not in too deep then I would say get out.It's not worth it.As said before me,take the time to work on you and sort out your own house and then when you are feeling better in you the man you need and want and who wants you will be there.
                Life is fragile and too short,at anytime we could be gone..why not surround yourself with people you care about and love and not the ones who only love parts of you.

Comment

If you've ever YouTubed "Super Skinny Me: The Race to Size Double Zero," it's a documentary following two healthy women reach a size zero. One woman dieting to her size double 0 succeeded, and she was as thin as a rail. How did she do it? Protein-sparing modified fast.

Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Day 19

I'm a LITTLE embarrassed to post how much cream I'm taking in.

Picture 1.jpg

I just hopped on the scale because well, we all know why. I had just eaten a giant meal (see fitday above) and thought I probably would weigh 190 (I weighed in at 186 a couple days ago, on an empty stomach). 184.5.
                    Last edited by kcarol; 05-06-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Updated fitday:

Picture 10.jpg

Man I am hungry! The hunger just never stops.
                      Last edited by kcarol; 05-06-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Au contraire, all your cream & butter consumption should be wonderful for satiety with all the fat. Is that all food before noon? What happens if you eat another meal when you get hungry? Do you get hungry again in the evening? Maybe you need more food than you think you do. Err'body's different I s'pose.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

I totally understand turbo mode! I just constantly obsess about food & fitness. Oi. We need a support group. Wait, is that what this is? Anywho I am with you on the hunger thing. Why am I so damn hungry all the time? What's with these peops who start primal and feel full all the time? I don't recommend cutting fat first. I would cut carbs. Mark says to stay below 50g for weight loss.
                          Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Hey me2. Just about the carb thing:

I've done <50 g of carbs a day, and while it works, I found myself super obsessive tracking carbs!
                            Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kcarol View Post
                              Hey me2. Just about the carb thing:

I've done <50 g of carbs a day, and while it works, I found myself super obsessive tracking carbs! I had a couple spells too, going so low carb almost passing out! Scary. I like my energy! I think I might cycle carbs soon if I see no progress, dipping <50 g a few days a week. That's possible for me.

And I'm eating a LOT of fat. Almost 700 calories yesterday from butter and HWC alone. Just an experiment based on some old threads.
                              I've found it's easier to go a little wild (within reason) with carbs some days and eat none at all others. I do IF also. 3-4 days a week I hog out emphasizing primal food then for 3-4 days I do 1,000 calorie Atkins Fat Fast which is 0 carbs and 75-90% fat. It averages out to about 70 grams of carbs per 7 day cycle.

Comment

Assuming I'm finishing my coffee (hate the way it tastes):

Picture 1.jpg
                                Last edited by kcarol; 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X