X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today was ok -- ish

B - greek yogurt, coffee with cream
    s - 2 co lumps, chocolate, coffee with cream
    L - piece of sausage and egg back from last nights dinner, manderine orange ( piece of Jackies birthday cake)
    D - 2 gluten free pepperoni sticks, bacon puffs, zevia, co lump
    An ex junk food addict - still fighting the fight. Sometimes I'm winning, sometimes I'm losing - but I'm still fighting

Comment

I've not done so great this week. I have not been eating enough.

B 3 eggs 5 bacon
      L coffee, apole
      S frozen yogurt drink, peice if chocolate cake
      D 2 hamburgers with cheese banana

Hmmm too much junk

I start a new job this coming week so hopefully I can get organized and get back on track
      An ex junk food addict - still fighting the fight. Sometimes I'm winning, sometimes I'm losing - but I'm still fighting

Comment

I seem to be stagnating a bit -- gonna try going back to the book -- back to basics -- while I enjoy looking at the posts on the site, some times I get confused because of the differing opinions of what paleo is. It might help me get my focus again by going back and reading the book again....

Comment

I have stalled on weight loss lately .. Been to busy to post much and have not been eating as well. Leaving for work at 4:30 am has become hard to have a good breakfast and I find myself eating a lot of yogurt and a bit too much fruit because it is easy too pack. I have not been getting nearly enough fat. Got myself hooked on diet pop again -- because it's quick and easy. Trying to get myself turned back around by making a marrow broth and some coconut far balls. Thinking I will try to go low carb ( lower than now) for about a month to see if that will jump start my weight loss once again.

Comment

I think I am too hard on myself. I keep thinking I am failing because I am not following the diet very strictly. I cheat constantly and can't go a day without chocolate. I don't always feel great- it could be my thyroid changing now that I weigh less than I did before. I need a blood test. But my numbers are coming down so I am a bit encouraged
            I am down to190 from 196 - a big difference from the 230 at Christmas. So I am aiming for 185 in August ( or sooner )
            I would love to drop below the obesity rang by the end of summer

Comment

Not such a good day today . Was very busy with work and then too many meetings.. I caved at dinner with a slice of convenient pizza. I don't fall off track a lot but some days are just like that - back to the real deal again tomorrow

Comment

I have been sooooo sick after consuming corn and wheat on the weekend and have successfully cleaned up my diet .... almost...I seem to be stuck on icecream . I think I am gonna have to get off of anything that would curtail my progress or draw me into eating things I should not. A big part of my problem is my junk food eating son, who is going away for a month starting next week. Without him tempting me with bad stuff I hope to be able to re-claim my will power and get off this garbage, Mind you I am steering clear of wheat and corn after the bad stomach aches but I also need to stay away from dairy and fruit for awhile as well. I eat way too much fruit while working and even a bit of dairy in my coffee gets me craving things like icecream so it will have to go ... for a bit anyway.

Comment

I have been very very very very very bad - Just coming off of an ice cream binge that lasted about a week. Its started with an innocent attempt at some greek yogurt. It is supposed to be good for you but it led me down a really bad path.... straight to ice cream and a full blown sugar binge. Had I not gotten so very ill from the lactose, I might still be fighting off the sugar cravings. I am staying out of the grocery store for awhile until I feel stronger. I have to start at the beginning again, closely watching everything I consume until I can do it in my sleep once again. I am gonna cut back on the fruit snacking as I think it is a problem for me. I will only bring a small amount of food to work with me and only eat at lunch. I have to guard my sleep time so that I don't get over tired from being over busy and going to evening meetings when I have to be up early in the morning - that just sets me up for a major binge - back at it, again...

Comment

Starting again ..... . I have struggled to get off this junk food binge but as soon as I get stressed I turn to junk food again and it's a very stressful time in my life. I am going to try to discipline myself to journal regularly again and to find other ways of dealing with stress other than junk food. Perhaps I will go and walk first thing in the morning - if it isn't pouring rain - that will be hard as winter sets in - maybe I need a new plan

Comment

Feeling better today - I made a bone broth soup for dinner last night - so tasty and satisfying. I managed to sleep all night - only woke up once at 3 am but fell back to sleep easily and woke refreshed again at 8. Had a few slices of bacon with 2 fried eggs with some lemon water for breakfast and am now out for coffee with some knitting. Still taking it a bit easy today. Trying to stay focused and pay attention to my stress levels and reactions. I am trying to slow down and be purposeful. Hoping it will help get my off the junk and back to eating healthy

Comment

oh I am not doing so good -- been sick lately and eating wheat and candy and feeling even worse -- why am I having such a hard time getting back on track. I know this stuff is poison and makes me really sick and I eat it anyway. I have only been able to get along for a few days before I go back to the poison - what do I do? How do I get free? What is wrong with me?

Comment

It's been 2 days since I last had some of that sweet poison and I am starting to feel better. My head is still congested and my stomach is still a bit upset but the major pain is gone. I have to just say no when it comes to sweet things. I have confessed to people who have offered me something sweet that I am an addict and can't even have a taste and that I am still recovering from a serious sugar binge - they think I am crazy but who cares

Comment

Been awhile since I journaled - keep forgetting my password and have to reset :/

Anyway, I have managed to break free from the junk bingeing and was doing well. I spent last week dog sitting for a friend and while I thought I would be ok, I really wasn't.

I only took healthy foods with me and they had no garbage at their house so I thought I would lose weight or at least stay the same but I gained 7 lbs - what gives?

The one thing that I have noticed that week is that I was very stressed trying to live two separate lives at one time; hers and mine. I was carrying for dogs - I don't have dogs of my own and I found they were very needy of attention and are not really like cars at all - lol. While I did enjoy being with the animals and the wood stove, the stress of my dual existence got we sick with a cold and tendinitis in my shoulder. I suspect this same stress is responsible for my weight gain this week . So, I think I will spent this week addressing this stress by being good to myself , go for relaxing walks ( hard to do in this torrential rain) maybe I will get a gym pass for the next few months and focus on some strength training and maybe tighten up my diet for a few weeks

Comment

Working...
                            X