No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: hippie_mama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with FNW; I'm 5'6" and when I'm not (27 weeks) pregnant, I weigh 135-140 and eat around 1800-2000 calories, depending on activity levels. 1600 would have been really low for me.

And, totally measure stuff! I only measured my waist at my belly button and the widest part of my hips, but it was so satisfying to see those numbers drop, even when the weight didn't. Of course, it's gone back up now, but I'm looking forward to doing it all over again this summer.

Comment

Tara, i'm totally with you on that, haha.

Comment

aww the lake / campground sounds nice. Maybe 1-2 times a week you could take the family and then it could be "family time" and you wouldn't feel as guilty as you do about taking "me time."

Not that you need to feel guilty about me time anyway...

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole bunch of us are the same height. I'm 5'6" tall, too. (Lost an inch with my spine surgeries, boohoo) But I think I'm older than most of you, I'm 54 years old. Working on becoming a fit tribal elder...))

I live with 3 males, so the estrogen around here is refreshing. (Especially given that I am in perimenopause, too!)

PWG

Comment

5 lbs down! 25+ to go.

Elders are important; someone has to sit back and shake her head while the rest of us make fools of ourselves! Or to teach us to be properly foolish; there's a time and a place for both.

I'm 26, btw. Don't think i've mentioned that. I feel a lot older! I think "mom years" are different from standard human years--i even devised a formula for it, but it's kind of silly :P

Comment

Mom years are tough. Especially in our society where we aren't embedded in a 'tribe'---an extended family to step in when we are exhausted.

My two kids were 18 months apart, to the day, and my older son was a high-needs baby---he turned out to have high-functioning autism which wasn't diagnosed until he was 3.

But those crazy years of sleep deprivation and extended breastfeeding were.....well, miraculous and very difficult.

I took a yoga class this morning and there were two new moms in the class, and they were both talking about the stress of mothering young children.

I bet your formula accounts for the gray hairs I have now!

PWG

Comment

I'm 25 but don't have any kids yet, and I'm 4" shorter than you hippie_mama! You can be as open as you like here, we're all still learning (even those of us that have been here since last summer , so we tend to overshare a lot, ha!

You are what you eat,
                and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Congrats on the weight loss! And it has only been what, 4 days now?

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                  Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                  I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

5 lbs! Hey oh. Congrats!

Gotta love it when that scale goes down. Maybe mom years are different than regular years because I am not a mother and I am 27 and keep thinking I just hit my 20's...and then the truth sinks in.

Turning 30 might kill me.

Only 25lbs to go? You will be there in no time.

Comment

I didn't think i had that much extra energy today, but i got a LOT of housework done, especially after the first 3 days of feeling less than spectacular. I won't lie, the smaller number on the scale didn't hurt! Apparently a happy hippie turns into an energetic hippie.

Food for today:

L: Big Ass Salad again, but with double the olive oil (before lunch, i was actually craving the stuff--weird!), double the olives, and ham instead of turkey.

S: Dark chocolate! Two little squares. I felt worthy.

D: Awesome Burgers my hubby made--they were 60% beef and 40% pork, with a little egg to hold them together, and yummy spices. I had TWO with a dab of sweet mustard (made them taste like meat candy) and romaine. I think it was the most satisfying meal i've ever had.

Numbers! I'm proud of them today:

Calories: 1,323

Fat: 105.6

Carbs: 21.7

Protein: 84.0

Fat(71%)

Carbs(3%)

Protein(26%)

Alcohol(0%)

What's that, Carbs? Oh that's right, THREE PERCENT! Take that. Boo-yah!

Comment

you are doing so awesome. your food today sounds so perfect. those burgers sound amazing w/the sweet mustard (meat candy hehehehe)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

It was Bavarian Sweet Mustard from Germany. It has sugar, 1 gram per tsp, but when you only use 1 tsp per burger... it was fantastic.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                          Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                          I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

Yum yum, your food sounds awesome today! And you sound super energetic to me I LOVE mixing ground beef with ground pork, especially spicy sausage. Makes the best meatballs too!

You are what you eat,

Comment

Day 5, and i TOTALLY cheated. Hard not to when Mom is making enchiladas. There were also teeny TINY servings of THREE different desserts involved--but check out my self restraint:

Calories 1,333

Fat 88.1

Carbs 80.6

Protein 58.2

Fat(59%)

Carbs(23%)

Protein(18%)

Alcohol(0%)

Not too bad for a cheat day, right? I turned down both soda AND good rum, which is pretty huge for me. They're probably my two biggest weaknesses.

Comment

Ha you did better than me today! There was a lot of sugar involved with the creme brulee and chocolate covered strawberries...no wheat though since that actually hurts me.

I'm more of a bourbon girl myself, on the rocks...mmm

You are what you eat,

Comment

Working...
                                X