No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: hippie_mama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did ok; 110.1 carbs, but it was only 16% of what i ate. When i started this last year, i about lost my mind cutting carbs AND calories at the same time, so i'm taking a different approach. I feel pretty good. No carb headaches and so far only psychological withdrawal symptoms--i said no to cookies and pizza. That's big for me.

Breakfast: 7 thick slices of bacon and an orange
    Lunch: Leftover Pork Chop and Pumpkin Curry, pistachios, and pineapple juice
    Snack: dark chocolate and wine (this helped, lol)
    Dinner: big ass salad and a glass of milk

Stats: Fat (58%) Carbs (16%) Protein (21%) Alcohol (5%)

Comment

• 2 lbs down already, yay! Shhhh we won't talk about silly things like 'water weight' lol.

Still not perfect, but i kept the carbs under 100g.

Fat (51%) Carbs (23%) Protein (26%) Alcohol (0%)

Comment

• I say yay, too!
        sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• I don't say "water weight;" that's for starvation diets, right? I say "carb-induced bloating," which is real and counts, b/c it's absolutely part of the pounds put on that you want to lose!
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Yup, it's the carb bloating that got me off track here; if the rest of my goal is really hard to reach, that's ok, as long as i get rid of the first 10 pretty fast--oh wait, now it's down to 7. I lost another pound overnight.

Comment

• Another pound down; that puts me at 151, 6 lbs from my short-term goal. Holiday weight? You won't make it to Valentine's Day, buahahahaha!

Comment

• 150 this morning.

I'm not restricting my calories at all, which is something i had some real trouble with my first time around. This time i only get twinges of low-carb headaches and those go away with my next meal. I'm really happy with my progress, it gives me hope that i might actually reach my long-term goal, which has only been a distant fantasy before.

Comment

• Cheering for you! Exuberant health, here we come!

Comment

This is almost too easy. I even cheated last night in a way so big i refuse to discuss it :P I'm about to hit a big brick wall, i can just feel it...

Comment

• Found it! The brick wall, that is. Back up to 152.

I spent the last 5 days away from home, living in a 600 sq ft condo (how do you city people do it!?) because our well went out. That's really no excuse (there was a kitchen), but apparently i don't deal with stress well. The idea of paying the mortgages on two houses, neither of which i could live in, really got to me. I self-medicated with my aunt's mint chocolate chip cookies. I'm finally home, and the crisis is over (thanks to all that is good and holy for it being a cheap fix), but i'm having a hard time hitting the reset button. I need to drink some wine and calm down!

Comment

Comment

• Congrats on the success! You've lost a lot of weight since you started, no? (I could probably go back and look, but...)

Comment

• Blargh. I'm having such a hard time staying with this. WHY!?!?! I know it's good for me, and that it works for me--i did so well in the past! But when it comes down to the day-to-day stuff, i really can't care enough to follow through. Sometimes i wish i had the food allergies and health problems with grains and processed foods that my husband does--then i would HAVE to eat well.

I'm back up to 155 btw. I feel guilty because i should know better. But not enough to really CARE and fix it.

Comment

• Don't worry; if you don't stick wtih it, in time you will have the health problems with those foods.

Okay, that's not very consoling, is it? Smack me. I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I wish I could go back to a time when the only effect those foods had on me was weight, but I know just what you mean - it's hard to say no to taste and preference when weight is the only (apparent) issue.

Just try, try again. You'll be there some day!

Comment

Working...
                              X